Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystal sky battery won't hold a charge
1749 5 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kg11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25466 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue
I am charging my crystal sky battery with an inspire 2 charger it is showing the appropriate green light on the charger
and showing four lights on the battery after removal from the charger.
I then install battery in the crystral sky and the moniter fires up as per norm. I have done this three times and the last time i shut down GPS and Wifi. I have left it turned off for two days and go back to use it and it is completely dead. The battery doesn't even have one bar left.
Am i missing somthing. I own a lot of batteries and a lot of drones and i have never come across anything like this.

2017-8-4
Use props
StianGel
Captain
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Defenatly sounds like a faulty battery.
You will need to return the battery hopefully under warranty.
Mine will loose about 2-3% overnight when in sleep mode with GPS and WiFi turned on.
Just received my second CS battery 2 days ago. They are still in stock @ DJI.
Get a second battery while you wait for the first on to be replaced.
2017-8-4
Use props
kg11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25466 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

StianGel Posted at 2017-8-4 15:44
Defenatly sounds like a faulty battery.
You will need to return the battery hopefully under warranty.
Mine will loose about 2-3% overnight when in sleep mode with GPS and WiFi turned on.

Thanks StianGel.
Knew it wasn't right it seems to die so quick I am currently just letting it sit not connected to the crystal sky
I will leave it for a couple of days and see if it loses any power
Cheers for responding
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kg11 Posted at 2017-8-5 13:05
Thanks StianGel.
Knew it wasn't right it seems to die so quick I am currently just letting it sit not connected to the crystal sky
I will leave it for a couple of days and see if it loses any power

If the problem persists, please email to support@dji.com to create a ticket and send in as soon as possible for evaluation and replacement.
Sorry for the experience with our product.
2017-8-7
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

Thats too bad but dji will get you fixed up
2017-8-8
Use props
Twirlip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

I have the same experience-- i.e. if I leave my CrystalSky for a couple of days, it loses charge-- but it's clear to me that the problem is the CrystalSky itself, not the battery.  If I take the battery off the CrystalSky, I can store for several days and it holds charge perfectly.  If it's connected, it slowly drains.

I suspect that the culprit is the DJI GO 4 app itself, which yammers constantly in the background even when the device is "turned off".  Just a guess.  I've taken to disconnecting my CS from the battery when there's a period longer than a few hours that I won't be using it, and that workaround seems to do the trick.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules