Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Max altitude and distance locked. HELP!!
4275 19 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans095a1ba9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195748 ft
United States

I have just updated the RC firmware to 1.7.80 to get rid of the annoying message "update required". Aircraft is using the current version. All aircraft status shows normal but now I get max altitude reached at 100ft and max distance reached at 150ft. I have entered numerous settings in those fields but still locked at those height and distance. Checked beginner mode turned off. Everything worked fine before the update.

2017-8-5
Use props
Ioannou
First Officer
Flight distance : 849094 ft
Cyprus

Just log in to your account and thats it
2017-8-5
Use props
fans095a1ba9
lvl.1
United States

Ioannou Posted at 2017-8-5 08:32
Just log in to your account and thats it

Well, that did nothing.
2017-8-5
Use props
BallaBalla
New
United States

I'm having the same issue. Every since I updated it
2017-8-5
Use props
fans095a1ba9
lvl.1
United States

BallaBalla Posted at 2017-8-5 10:06
I'm having the same issue. Every since I updated it

Ok, at least it's not something I'm missing. Should have left well enough alone when it was working. Guess we need to hang in there now and wait for a fix.
2017-8-5
Use props
fans4056610a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004367 ft
United Kingdom

I updated mines and after it was fine 3000 feet meters distance maximum and it worked fine went out tonight nothings changed firmware wise and it limits me to 500 meters even when I delete it type in 3000 still doesn't let let me go
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans095a1ba9 Posted at 2017-8-5 11:07
Ok, at least it's not something I'm missing. Should have left well enough alone when it was working. Guess we need to hang in there now and wait for a fix.

You can try to reinstall the APP and then login in DJI account and keep it.
Please note flight records and video cache will be lost after reinstalling, please backup before that.
2017-8-5
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Are you using the Go app when you fly ?  If not the system will limit the height and range , this is so you dont go out of sight .  Have you updated the go app to current version ?

Next be sure to power the Entire system to standby ( Like just before about to take off ). Now go through your settings and make sure you dont have the Beginner mode enabled or have any limitations on the height or distance .

Quite often members will make changes to the go app with the entire system NOT on and not realizIng the settings will not take and HOLD this way .  

Let me know.

donnie
2017-8-6
Use props
Marti1988
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004367 ft
United Kingdom

I was between battery's powered on AC controller iPad all on and ready went into settings the height was 500 meters but distance was also 500 when I already moved it to 3000 tryed typing in 3000 again and going for it still never worked I only needed about 520 for the shot I was trying to get as well
2017-8-6
Use props
fans095a1ba9
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-6 05:02
Are you using the Go app when you fly ?  If not the system will limit the height and range , this is so you dont go out of sight .  

Next be sure to power the Entire system to standby ( Like just before about to take off ). Now go through your settings and make sure you dont have the Beginner mode enabled or have any limitations on the height or distance .

Donnie,  Beginner mode turned off, enable max distance turned off and system on with AC idling and all flight status normal in P mode. Entered a new 300 in max flight altitude. Take off and still halts (with the audible message) at 100ft altitude and 150ft distance. I do get an "aircraft is in a warning zone (unpaved airport) fly with caution" message but that has always came up even though there are no runways within miles of my home. Not saying DJI would release a bogus update (hehe) but this just seems strangely coincidental it began after updating the RC. Thanks for the reply and I will welcome any future ideas.
2017-8-6
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

fans095a1ba9 Posted at 2017-8-6 06:27
Donnie,  Beginner mode turned off, enable max distance turned off and system on with AC idling and all flight status normal in P mode. Entered a new 300 in max flight altitude. Take off and still halts (with the audible message) at 100ft altitude and 150ft distance. I do get an "aircraft is in a warning zone (unpaved airport) fly with caution" message but that has always came up even though there are no runways within miles of my home. Not saying DJI would release a bogus update (hehe) but this just seems strangely coincidental it began after updating the RC. Thanks for the reply and I will welcome any future ideas.

First can you try to fly in another are far enough away from this area , just to make sure the AC zone is or  is NOT  not the problem , I know there were updates ( regarding the zones )  on that and I have a feeling this may be the problem .  
Are you using the current go app ?  If not you may want to sync flight records ( if you want ) then delete and re install the go app .  Be sure if you do this  that you log into the App as well afterwards.   I would try this  next .  

What’s New:
  • Updated No Fly Zone Management.
  • For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not
    connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.

*****Saw  this thread and I think it confirms the go app and logging into it solved the issue :
http://forum.dji.com/thread-105993-1-1.html

donnie

2017-8-6
Use props
fans095a1ba9
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-6 07:12
First can you try to fly in another are far enough away from this area , just to make sure the AC zone is or  is NOT  not the problem , I know there were updates ( regarding the zones )  on that and I have a feeling this may be the problem .  
Are you using the current go app ?  If not you may want to sync flight records ( if you want ) then delete and re install the go app .  Be sure if you do this  that you log into the App as well afterwards.   I would try this  next .  

Well, So far I've 1. Calibrated compass and IMU
2. Synced all records and deleted the Go app.
3. Reinstalled Go app (and noticed it is the same version as was on before) 3.0.0.  
4. Retrieved flight data back and signed in to Skypixel account.  Made two reboots and test flights and still limited to 50M.
5. Opened the warnings panel and chose ignore to all (with caution just for a test).
I am now packing up to try to take off away from that warning (unpaved runway) although there is absolutely no paved or unpaved runways within miles of me. I live in the middle of nowhere.
I will be extremely frustrated if I discover I have to drive to Siberia to fly my inspire.
2017-8-6
Use props
fans095a1ba9
lvl.1
United States

fans095a1ba9 Posted at 2017-8-6 09:58
Well, So far I've 1. Calibrated compass and IMU
2. Synced all records and deleted the Go app.
3. Reinstalled Go app (and noticed it is the same version as was on before) 3.0.0.  

Another thought here before I relocate:  If I reinstalled the app again and chose not to let it access my location, might that take away the warning of an unpaved runway. I thought one has to allow access to location  for the GPS positioning in P mode.
2017-8-6
Use props
fans095a1ba9
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-5 20:58
You can try to reinstall the APP and then login in DJI account and keep it.
Please note flight records and video cache will be lost after reinstalling, please backup before that.

I have synced records and deleted then reinstalled the Go app, logged into my account and rebooted twice but still limited to 50M.
2017-8-6
Use props
fans095a1ba9
lvl.1
United States

I have went to a location about six miles from home and still have the warning. Then about ten miles in the other direction and still there. If in fact that warning is limiting my flight I have to believe it is not a legitimate AC warning. I had that warning before (which doesn't make sense either) even with the previous RC firmware. At this point I'd give anything to be able to downgrade back to it.
2017-8-6
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

I had the same issue, but turning off max distance fixed it for me. I have been flying fine without issues.
2017-8-6
Use props
fans095a1ba9
lvl.1
United States

Time to break out the champagne! I had previously deleted then downloaded the DJI Go app as everyone suggested. Checking the version it said ver. 3.0.0 which was what was on before so I assumed it was the most recent. In a last futile attempt I deleted and downloaded the app again. This time I get ver. 3.1.5. Ahha!
Installed 3.1.5, logged on to DJI, synced my flight data and everything seems to be working again (as I'm knocking on my wooden head). How I downloaded an older version I do not know. Now I have updated my second controller also. Still getting the "unpaved airport warning" (which I can just turn off) but that obviously was not the problem.  Thank you Donnie and all who replied. As always this forum is an invaluable resource!
2017-8-6
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans095a1ba9 Posted at 2017-8-6 15:17
Time to break out the champagne! I had previously deleted then downloaded the DJI Go app as everyone suggested. Checking the version it said ver. 3.0.0 which was what was on before so I assumed it was the most recent. In a last futile attempt I deleted and downloaded the app again. This time I get ver. 3.1.5. Ahha!
Installed 3.1.5, logged on to DJI, synced my flight data and everything seems to be working again (as I'm knocking on my wooden head). How I downloaded an older version I do not know. Now I have updated my second controller also. Still getting the "unpaved airport warning" (which I can just turn off) but that obviously was not the problem.  Thank you Donnie and all who replied. As always this forum is an invaluable resource!

I was reading your post and very happy to see you have everything going again. DJI has made the newest FW very picky to the latest Go App. Everything has to be in sync!!

Happy flying my friend

Rich
2017-8-6
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

fans095a1ba9 Posted at 2017-8-6 15:17

Wonderful , glad you have it sorted .

donnie
2017-8-7
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I have just had a similar occurrence. Three flights in the same afternoon, the first one I flew out to around 2,000 feet, second flight was less than 50 feet so I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but on the third flight I could only get to about 100 or so feet out when the warning came up that I had reached max distance. When I got back home, I checked my logs, the second two flights had not been recorded.
Could I have been flying whilst not being logged into the app? If this is the case, where would those flight logs be stored? Surely they must have been recorded somewhere on the mobile device?
I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app and will try again as soon as the weather clears (checking to make sure that I am logged in).

Mark G.

2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules