Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I'm getting a message that my SD card is full how do I clear it?
935 7 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkie049
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20043 ft
United States

I'm getting a message that my SD card is full how do I clear it
2017-8-5
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Here we go .....

The Format regardless vs the transfer files ......

The quickest and easiest way is to get a USB card reader ... put card into the reader ... plug into PC or Mac .....

It should automatically open the card and show you folders.

You now have a choice .... delete without saving or save.

If you want to save ... then open (here I working from  memory as my card is with my P3P in repair !) ... DCIM folder ... MOVE contents to PC / Mac ...

Thats the biggest files moved and you should now have a near empty card.

You then have choice ... use as is or format (use FAT32 or EXFAT) to get entire card empty if you wish.

If you don't want to save any files / videos - then just delete all or format the card ... FAT32 or EXFAT.

Personally because I like to edit / process videos on my PC - I just transfer every video when made and that means my card is always near empty for every session without need to format etc.

You can do it also by cable from PC / Mac to the AC ... but that tends to be a bit slower and also needs AC powered up which I do not like when not flying.

My suggestion  - Get a Card reader ...

Nigel
2017-8-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Or ... the simple version ....
Pull the SD card, put it in an adapter and copy your images and videos to your computer (if you want to keep them).
Then either delete everything on the card or right click on the SD card in Explorer and select the option to format the SD card.
Or you can format it (wipe it clean) in the Phantom by going to the camera settings and using the Format option under the wrench icon.
That's it.
2017-8-5
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

No difference in ops ... simpler ?

Given the question indicates that OP needs a little hand in how to do it ...

But we both said ... transfer or format ..... I just decided to help him to do it ...

Nigel
2017-8-5
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Move it from the Card to the PC at all via Card reader.
2017-8-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go to your camera settings and format the card. Be sure to save the files that you want to keep first. I transfer them to an external hard drive on my Mac.
2017-8-6
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Hey Guys .... he did put these words in his question :

"how do I clear it" ......

Seems to me he needs a bit more info than just transfer files or format the card ?

Bit like someone asking how to drive a car and someone says - Turn key to start engine !

Nigel
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to backup all your data and format the SD card.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules