Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
21-Picture Panorama
1456 9 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Hong Kong

I am starting to like the Spark more and more for it's photo abilities. Especially the Panorama modes are wonderful when downloading images to your computer and stitching them together in Photoshop. The 21 picture ones get over 40 Megapixels.

Huge humongous and ridiculous downside of Spark is still the range. Even with 2.4GHz and OTG cable/RC I can't get more than 100 meters before I start losing connection/image quality. That's WAY below anything promised and frankly I feel cheated.

The 1080p30 video isn't exactly sharp either, but something I can live with. It's a bit of a pity. I sold my Mavic as I didn't like the fidgity gimbal and lack of general sturdiness. The Spark I feel I can treat so much more naturally and don't have to watch where I am holding it and how.

Deepwater Bay, Hong Kong Island

Deepwater Bay, Hong Kong Island
2017-8-5
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I'd pay good money if I could get a Spark with Ocusync. I don't even need 3-4km like I flew with my Mavic, but 1 real proper flyable km would be extremely beneficial.
2017-8-5
Use props
bkzg
New
Flight distance : 51739 ft
Hong Kong

Did you turn off bluetooth and not use Apple Watch or alike during flying? The 100m with RC is way too short with RC in Hong Kong.
2017-8-5
Use props
Unknown User
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63615 ft
Hong Kong

Nice picture. Was it 100 Meters Vertically? I don't really get that much higher than that in HK.
2017-8-5
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Yup. Airplane mode for the iPhone 7plus. OTG cable connected to 2.4 GHz Wifi on the beach. Height to about 30m-40m, after a distance of 80-90m the screen turns black and white, frame rate goes down dramatically to so low that you can't reasonably control it. I continued to push it to 150ms out but that wasn't proper flying anymore. I am talking <1 frame per second update, blank screen from time to time until RTH was initiated. So I am not really counting those last 60ms or so.
2017-8-5
Use props
Sharpe
New
United Kingdom

ulfw Posted at 2017-8-5 09:31
Yup. Airplane mode for the iPhone 7plus. OTG cable connected to 2.4 GHz Wifi on the beach. Height to about 30m-40m, after a distance of 80-90m the screen turns black and white, frame rate goes down dramatically to so low that you can't reasonably control it. I continued to push it to 150ms out but that wasn't proper flying anymore. I am talking

Is that using your phone as a controller rather than the RC unit?  Don't forget your phone / iPad is communicating using its own WiFi antenna, 100m for phone / iPad WiFi is pretty good.

2017-8-5
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Sharpe Posted at 2017-8-5 17:55
Is that using your phone as a controller rather than the RC unit?  Don't forget your phone / iPad is communicating using its own WiFi antenna, 100m for phone / iPad WiFi is pretty good.

As I wrote the phone was on airplane mode. Wifi off. Bluetooth off.
Controlled all by remote controller connected by OTG cable.
2017-8-5
Use props
MellynSam
New
New Zealand

Hi All,

I am a new owner of a Spark.

I recently took it out for a photoshoot.

I found out that the panorama are only 206byte after exporting to my laptop.

Also, I am unable to locate some of my Shallow Focus shots.

Hope some of you here can be able to advise.

Thank you
2017-8-5
Use props
JaredD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

MellynSam Posted at 2017-8-5 19:32
Hi All,

I am a new owner of a Spark.

The shots you download through the DJI GO app will be lower quality versions, to access the high quality originals, you need to copy the files directly from the SD card in the drone, or by selecting to download the original in the app.  I would recommend copying them off using the sd card and a card reader on your laptop though, would be quicker.
2017-8-6
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules