Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help me decide
1017 6 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Belchski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57159 ft
Canada

Im one of the unlucky Compass Error/Dead RC stick fly away owners. I had 60 successful flights in US and Canada. 5hrs flight time / 15,000m. Up to my incident I loved the Spark.

I still love the Spark but here's my problem. I have vacation starting tomorrow and need a drone. DJI is still reviewing my logs and I'm waiting but I need something for next week.

With all the other people having problems with firmware/Sky Fall/Fly Aways Im a bit hesitant to buy another Spark. I will be at a cottage and will need something that can fly over water without me having anxiety attacks while flying.

Do I take the chance and buy another Spark or do I upgrade to Mavic Pro (which from what I can tell in the forums are not having as many of these problems as the Spark).

Help me decide.

2017-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well you may get a warranty but it will be to late, you may not get a warranty and receive 30% discount of your next spark.
So if you buy another spark it's likely you would end up with two sparks, so just buy the Mavic if your looking for something to travel with, regards to feeling anxious when flying over water, I guarantee you just as many have put their Mavic in water as spark, but the number overall for spark falling into water is very small as it is with Mavic .
2017-8-5
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-5 08:53
Well you may get a warranty but it will be to late, you may not get a warranty and receive 30% discount of your next spark.
So if you buy another spark it's likely you would end up with two sparks, so just buy the Mavic if your looking for something to travel with, regards to feeling anxious when flying over water, I guarantee you just as many have put their Mavic in water as spark, but the number overall for spark falling into water is very small as it is with Mavic .

Bought a Mavic Fly More combo for vacation while I wait for DJI support on the Spark.

Definitely a different beast out of the box. 3 batteries, RC cables, charger hub, plus a 16GB card included. Really only an extra 600 bucks over the Spark ...lol.

Not that Mavic can't have a failure, I'm fingers crossed it does not do what my Spark did.

GLTA!
2017-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Belchski Posted at 2017-8-6 15:33
Bought a Mavic Fly More combo for vacation while I wait for DJI support on the Spark.

Definitely a different beast out of the box. 3 batteries, RC cables, charger hub, plus a 16GB card included. Really only an extra 600 bucks over the Spark ...lol.

Hey man good luck with that I'm sure your excited to get using it, it flys great make sure you set it up correctly for you, give it a few trials, its relatively easy to fly, a bit more going on with Mavic than spark but you won't regret it.
Enjoy look forward to seeing the videos , have a great break.
2017-8-6
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-6 15:48
Hey man good luck with that I'm sure your excited to get using it, it flys great make sure you set it up correctly for you, give it a few trials, its relatively easy to fly, a bit more going on with Mavic than spark but you won't regret it.
Enjoy look forward to seeing the videos , have a great break.

Im reading every line of the manual as the batteries charge.

I'll post some vids in a few weeks.

Cheers.

2017-8-6
Use props
PascalG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

It's a tough one... I've been wondering  what I'd do if my spark was to fail. Yes th Mavic seems more reliable as it's been on th market longer but I fly almost only over water from a boat and I'd be risking close to twice the money,  on the other hand with Occusynch the Mavic range is much better  so th odds of loosing contact are lower.  Don't know...I d be tempted by the Mavic as the range and battery life is better and the gimbal doesn't switch to FPV in sports mode
2017-8-6
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Canada

PascalG Posted at 2017-8-6 17:39
It's a tough one... I've been wondering  what I'd do if my spark was to fail. Yes th Mavic seems more reliable as it's been on th market longer but I fly almost only over water from a boat and I'd be risking close to twice the money,  on the other hand with Occusynch the Mavic range is much better  so th odds of loosing contact are lower.  Don't know...I d be tempted by the Mavic as the range and battery life is better and the gimbal doesn't switch to FPV in sports mode

Its a tough call for sure. I did weeks of research/reviews, etc. Spark met my criteria. As I think it would for many in the non-prosumer market. It hit a price point for entry.  DJI has certainly created an upgrade path that will take many of us (including me today) to the more expensive alternative. And I think the only reason I upgraded today is because once you fly a Spark, you need it.

I almost bought another Spark today. So close. I went Mavic to see what everyones been talking about instead.

2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules