Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
sd card error
764 6 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
giuseppe820
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United States

Every time i use my pny 128 gb sd card in my p4p it says sd card error unless i exfat format it to my macbook between each use. Anyone have advice or similiar issues?
2017-8-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha giuseppe,

Yes, the 128 GB micro SD card is the current limit of DJI video technology (used to be 64 GB).  There are two ways to format the SD card,  One is the Pre-Flight Check-List and the other is way on the bottom of the Camera Settings page on the desktop.  So, format it with your MacBook and then format it again using either of those two methods.  One of for the basic format and the other is for the DJI format for DJI videos (and photos).

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-5 19:07
Aloha giuseppe,

Yes, the 128 GB micro SD card is the current limit of DJI video technology (used to be 64 GB).  There are two ways to format the SD card,  One is the Pre-Flight Check-List and the other is way on the bottom of the Camera Settings page on the desktop.  So, format it with your MacBook and then format it again using either of those two methods.  One of for the basic format and the other is for the DJI format for DJI videos (and photos).

You can actually skip the process of formatting it in a PC, formatting is the same no matter where it is performed, except when done in the aircraft it also sets up all the directories that the camera uses. As to the card, the PNY is suspicious, get a Sandisk Extreme series card if you want reliability.
2017-8-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-5 20:32
You can actually skip the process of formatting it in a PC, formatting is the same no matter where it is performed, except when done in the aircraft it also sets up all the directories that the camera uses. As to the card, the PNY is suspicious, get a Sandisk Extreme series card if you want reliability.

Aloha Geebax,

Good points!  

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Format SD card might be helpful, while I would recommend you to use the supported SD card which have been fully tested and the performance can be guaranteed. A screenshot for reference:
SD Card.png
2017-8-7
Use props
giuseppe820
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-7 00:21
Format SD card might be helpful, while I would recommend you to use the supported SD card which have been fully tested and the performance can be guaranteed. A screenshot for reference:

yes i bought a supported sd card and have had no problems since
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

giuseppe820 Posted at 2017-8-10 17:42
yes i bought a supported sd card and have had no problems since

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules