Using the footage
1043 13 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Angelos0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24455 ft
Greece

Hi everyone. Posting for asking some advice.
I have been playing around eith spark for a month or so on holiday occasions or weekends.
Im wondering your suggestion about housekeeping of footage
I get some of the previews on the app, i can download original on one by one basis and then I guess i can put the sd card into my laptop. But we have three different qualities sources and limited space.
How r u usually going around this?
Thanks
2017-8-5
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238750 ft
Germany

After each vacation trip I take the original files from the Spark and cut a short video. Usually around a song that was typical for the time and location.

Like this one: Last vacation in Florida with DJI Spark

And the raw footage I am uploading to Youtube with "private" setting, just for archiving. This way I am also being able to show someone shots from the raw footage that did not make it in the final cut, but are still somehow interesting.

2017-8-5
Use props
fans656f0608
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48209 ft
United Kingdom

ciesnik Posted at 2017-8-5 22:53
After each vacation trip I take the original files from the Spark and cut a short video. Usually around a song that was typical for the time and location.

Like this one: Last vacation in Florida with DJI Spark

Uploading the raw footage to YouTube with a private setting is a really good idea.
2017-8-6
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

I know its no 4K but still , the bit-rate will be reduced after upload so it wont be the RAW file . it will lose on quality .
2017-8-6
Use props
Angelos0
lvl.1
Greece

I actually meant how u go about, the memory card footage vs twhat is stored or edited through the app. for example the quickshots are not in the card but are not in the same quality.
also any easy free or cheap editing software that i can replicate shots as those of quickshot through the app to the shots from the card?
hope i am more clear now
and thank you
2017-8-6
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

I havent tested out fully yet, but quick shots video doesnt appear in the card??
2017-8-6
Use props
Angelos0
lvl.1
Greece

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-6 23:58
I havent tested out fully yet, but quick shots video doesnt appear in the card??

not the automated edited versions? (music and fast forward of the main body). just the raw normal image
thus im looking for software that can probably replicate this
2017-8-7
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Angelos0 Posted at 2017-8-7 00:56
not the automated edited versions? (music and fast forward of the main body). just the raw normal image

I see, what if you use the download original option in the DJI Go app, will it replace the one with the fast forward and music? I had taken the shot, but hadnt have access to my laptop to download from the SD card, nor the battery on the spark to test this out. Charging currently...
2017-8-7
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Angelos0 Posted at 2017-8-7 00:56

No need to look far :
http://forum.dji.com/thread-106627-1-1.html
You can transform cached video into HD
2017-8-7
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

There are many way to handle this depending on your need.

I don't save or care for the low res footage. I take the SD card out after every series of flights and load it on my laptop or on my iPad using an external reader.

2017-8-7
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
United States

Another alternative which I use sometimes is to have an external USB drive with Card reader. I have a battery powered Drive  and all I have to do is put the card in the slot and the drive automatically back it up without needing a laptop. Nice device and pretty cheap. Mine is 4TB.  
2017-8-7
Use props
Angelos0
lvl.1
Greece

PascalG Posted at 2017-8-7 08:58
There are many way to handle this depending on your need.

I don't save or care for the low res footage. I take the SD card out after every series of flights and load it on my laptop or on my iPad using an external reader.

and then what do u do about editing?
especillay to recreate similar to quickshots or automated videos as u can fo in the app?
thanks!!
2017-8-10
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Bahamas

I use iMovie on my iPad (can't use the dji app as it doesn't support iPad 4)   I ve been trying a few movie editors on my laptop (win10) so far I like the free GoPro editor best

Or if you're u really want to use the dji go app, transfer the had files to the phone and import them into the app.
2017-8-10
Use props
Angelos0
lvl.1
Greece

any ideas for a windows based software?
(that is free and makes quickshot movies easy)
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules