Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Make Inspire 2 great again
479 18 2017-8-6 00:59:57
Skyclip
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 106052
  • >>>
Germany

DJI,
since the Inspire 2 release, im under the impression you dont really care or listen to your pro users.
Do you only care for the mass market and beginners anymore?
Starting from the plastic props, which you tried to fix with foam (really? on a thousands of Euro Bird?)
to introducing unnecessary pop-ups and software gadgets i never use or need.
Nothing has really moved forward for me, its even getting worse and that since the Inspire 1.
So, i made a list of stuff that should really be changed, to make the Inspire 2 great again in my eyes.

- Disable Startup Sound
Very annoying for me and while on site for customers

- Disable „Right Controller Wheel locked, push to unlock“ Pop-Up
Simply annoying and disturbing having that pop-up again and again. This should be only in beginner mode.

- Disable „High Wind Warning“ Pop-Up
Comes even if winds are calm. Annoying and unnecessary. Put it up in the „Status row“ when there is really to much wind.

- Disable „ Firmware Update Required“
I want to check for Firmware myself. Gives the customer unnecessary doubt if he’s looking at the Tablet together with you.

- Set AEB to any Value, i.e. -1,0,+1. -2,0,+2.
Self explaining. I need to choose the right values at the given lighting conditions.

- Video Recording to SSD only (.h264,h.265 or RAW)
I don’t need h264 all the time. Why is there no option to choose, where the data goes?

- Save Images to SSD instead of SD Card
Same. Why can’t i use the SSD only for my Images? Lots of space and fast.

- Timed shot in .dng down to 1 second.
Should be easy possible, if SSD is used.

- D-Log ISO selectable
Self explaining. Higher ISO, more noise. Simple.

- ExFat for SSD
No more file split of 4 GB. Promised month ago.

- Delete single Files and Folders on the SSD
I want to be able to delete files and folders when connected to the Mac and on the bird in DJI Go.

- Switch for manual Lense on X5S
as soon, as you attach a manual lens like the Laowa 7.5, the bird goes limb.
you have to hot swap from a known lens, like the Olympus 12mm. Really?

- NFZ Management
I often have to fly with permission in NFZ´s.
Flysafe as it currently is, is useless for me.
Is flysafe answering per email fast enough for short timeframes given by the customer?
Is the Serial correctly given from me and returned from flysafe?
Is the LON/LAT correctly given from me and returned from flysafe?
Are the DJI Servers up and running to transfer the Whitelist to my Bird?
Also, i want to link to my thread 6 Months old, with no reply from DJI.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-81179-1-1.html

DJI, please make some kind of PRO Version of flysafe.
Take all my credentials, i sign non liability agreement and what else you need.
Unlock all NFZ i.e. for 1 year, track all my flights online if you like. Then renew agreement, something like that.
Im also willing to pay for that.

- Foldable Carbon Fiber Props, like M600.
That plastic crap is no professional solution.

Thanks for listening!

2017-8-6 00:59:57
Use props
kg11
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 7762
  • >>>
New Zealand

Damn dude that just about covers everything well done. Love the heading to "Make Inspire2 Great Again" Awesome
2017-8-7 02:33:45
Use props
Deanopeps
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 71163
United Kingdom

Completely agree with you on all fronts.
2017-8-7 12:23:52
Use props
kenavata
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 182674
United Kingdom

Great list ...!!!

Dear DJI here is the perfect opportunity to show us you're listening to your customers :-)
2017-8-7 12:53:59
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 216388
  • >>>
United States

I totally agree with you and very nice summary. We need a pro version of the DJI app and it would be very nice if the Forum Mod's can give this feedback to the R&D team

Good job

Rich
2017-8-7 13:27:01
Use props
ronin rs211
Student Pilot
United States

Follow the money is the DJI approach to marketing, fast nickels [spark/mavic] over slow dimes [inspire 2].
2017-8-7 14:58:02
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and feedback.
Though several points of view may be hard to update, I will forward all these to our R&D engineers for consideration in the future release.
We will keep improving our products to make all customers' experience with us better.
Appreciate your support to DJI.
2017-8-7 23:21:58
Use props
Skyclip
Student Pilot
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-7 23:21
Thanks for your valuable suggestions and feedback.
Though several points of view may be hard to update, I will forward all these to our R&D engineers for consideration in the future release.
We will keep improving our products to make all customers' experience with us better.

Thank you Mindy, appreciated. :-)
Dont want to be rude, but im honestly wondering who you as Company have choosen as Pro´s to test these features.
"Yeah, great. Notification how to unlock the Wheel! Thats what we like as Pros, we always forget that" "Yeah, great. Im not able to delete single Files of the SSD! I like that!"
And so on.
I hope you get my point.
2017-8-8 08:11:33
Use props
rowanhs
Beginner
Flight distance : 78146
Australia

Totally agree with you Skyclip. Got my bird in January and am honestly very hesitant about using it in Pro situations. Far to many problems for a "Pro" product. DJI please listen to us all and make the Insipire 2 great again.
2017-8-8 14:58:45
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 1442624
Mexico

Completely agree with you on all fronts.
2017-8-8 15:54:12
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 1442624
Mexico

I add the request to beep (optional) while recording a video. I often click the REC button but it does not start recording (because it is still saving a photo) and from low sun I do not see the icon on the ipad.
2017-8-8 15:56:22
Use props
Skyhooker
Beginner
Flight distance : 16620
United States

DJI needs to create a world class service entity. Their products have become industry leading examples of the current technology while their service and response practices are laughable. The whole Inspire 2
"loose prop" issue is a prime example of a manufacturing and engineering flaw that they are not capable of dealing with currently. When you spend $7000 on a product it is very disheartening to learn that the company does not invest in the "after sale". DJI, you need to step up your service practices...a lot!
2017-8-9 10:28:28
Use props
allanart
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 33478
United Kingdom

While I agree with much that has been said in this thread, I also appreciate that its new technology in an area that is developing rapidly. I can forgive many things that DJI have overlooked as they clearly do not have any real-world experience in professional digital cinematography, but what I am really struggling with is their apparent lack of regard towards customers. The DJI Service in Europe is awful, the worst I have ever had to deal with. Always "polite" but entirely "useless".  For me its been the matter regarding the loose propellers, I have been trying to get a sensible response from DJI on this matter since 23 May and still have no confidence that they even accept that there is a problem. Its not good enough DJI, you really need to try a LOT harder!
Kind regards
Allan
2017-8-9 11:06:52
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 521633
Australia

Nothing different to the way they dealt with their customers 2 years ago with the Inspire 1 folks.
You are charging at windmills with this - DJI won't change how they operate until a competitor comes along and they need to respond.

As far as being 'Pro' users, well DJI don't see any differentiation.
2017-8-10 03:36:55
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Intern Pilot
Flight distance : 1
United States

Agree with the annoying startup sound.  IT'S TOO LOUD!

Neighbors over the fence stopped talking and I heard one say, "What is that noise?"  Need to throw a blanket over it just to start it up.  Never would attempt starting it at night otherwise
2017-8-10 07:12:12
Use props
Skyclip
Student Pilot
  • >>>
Germany

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-8-8 15:56
I add the request to beep (optional) while recording a video. I often click the REC button but it does not start recording (because it is still saving a photo) and from low sun I do not see the icon on the ipad.

Great Idea!  
Optional would be the best, switch beep on and off.
2017-8-11 09:13:04
Use props
JBSonic
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 29639
United Kingdom

I agree with this although the start-up sound will never disappear (Brand recognition)
The propeller thing is another issue, but again, it won't change.
The Propeller problem has been posted all over the forums, been sent in thousands of emails to DJI, thousands of propellers have been sent back to DJI and countless RMA's have been raised because of this issue.
Despite all of this, despite their most important Pro Customers begging DJI to address the issue, but to no avail.

Expect NOTHING, the issue is not important enough to fix. A few crashes here and there seems to be worth it for them in addition to the significant damage it causes their brand.

DJI might be the market leader in drone technology, but they are not the only one making 'good' drones, although it seems DJI really has become the GO-TO brand for small drones like the Mavic or Spark, this seems to be DJI's expertise. When you look at what a disaster the Cripplecopter Inspire 2 is you realise that there are other much better value products out there for the large drone range. You know which ones I am talking about. We recently bought 3 Yuneec Typhoon H (still cheaper than 1 Inspire 2), guess what, no issues, nothing rattles, everything is aligned properly and they are 1/3 the price (plus 6 motors) and have superior range to the I2.

Camera  is inferior yes, but 4K is good enough for most uses and omg it is reliable and and piece of quality engineering for a good price
2017-8-14 11:32:10
Use props
DTK
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 64244
Australia

Wow, that is news. Are there any good video comparison of the two drone cameras. I also 6 rotors certainly provides redundancy in flight.
2017-8-14 13:50:57
Use props
Titomix
Hobbyist
Spain

Totally agree, I was the second person in this forum to receive my inspire 2 and like the first person, I have stuck propellers. At today, I already use the eight propellers with rattlers because DJI refuses to send me a new ones.

This thing, the ISO 500 fixed on D-Log, the mysterious crashes of some birds without any explication from DJI, the stupid politics about updates make this product a more dangerous game than a Russian roulette for a profesional work.
2017-8-15 11:25:26
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next