Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Make Inspire 2 great again
12Next >
4844 48 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI,
since the Inspire 2 release, im under the impression you dont really care or listen to your pro users.
Do you only care for the mass market and beginners anymore?
Starting from the plastic props, which you tried to fix with foam (really? on a thousands of Euro Bird?)
to introducing unnecessary pop-ups and software gadgets i never use or need.
Nothing has really moved forward for me, its even getting worse and that since the Inspire 1.
So, i made a list of stuff that should really be changed, to make the Inspire 2 great again in my eyes.

- Disable Startup Sound
Very annoying for me and while on site for customers

- Disable „Right Controller Wheel locked, push to unlock“ Pop-Up
Simply annoying and disturbing having that pop-up again and again. This should be only in beginner mode.

- Disable „High Wind Warning“ Pop-Up
Comes even if winds are calm. Annoying and unnecessary. Put it up in the „Status row“ when there is really to much wind.

- Disable „ Firmware Update Required“
I want to check for Firmware myself. Gives the customer unnecessary doubt if he’s looking at the Tablet together with you.

- Set AEB to any Value, i.e. -1,0,+1. -2,0,+2.
Self explaining. I need to choose the right values at the given lighting conditions.

- Video Recording to SSD only (.h264,h.265 or RAW)
I don’t need h264 all the time. Why is there no option to choose, where the data goes?

- Save Images to SSD instead of SD Card
Same. Why can’t i use the SSD only for my Images? Lots of space and fast.

- Timed shot in .dng down to 1 second.
Should be easy possible, if SSD is used.

- D-Log ISO selectable
Self explaining. Higher ISO, more noise. Simple.

- ExFat for SSD
No more file split of 4 GB. Promised month ago.

- Delete single Files and Folders on the SSD
I want to be able to delete files and folders when connected to the Mac and on the bird in DJI Go.

- Switch for manual Lense on X5S
as soon, as you attach a manual lens like the Laowa 7.5, the bird goes limb.
you have to hot swap from a known lens, like the Olympus 12mm. Really?

- NFZ Management
I often have to fly with permission in NFZ´s.
Flysafe as it currently is, is useless for me.
Is flysafe answering per email fast enough for short timeframes given by the customer?
Is the Serial correctly given from me and returned from flysafe?
Is the LON/LAT correctly given from me and returned from flysafe?
Are the DJI Servers up and running to transfer the Whitelist to my Bird?
Also, i want to link to my thread 6 Months old, with no reply from DJI.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-81179-1-1.html

DJI, please make some kind of PRO Version of flysafe.
Take all my credentials, i sign non liability agreement and what else you need.
Unlock all NFZ i.e. for 1 year, track all my flights online if you like. Then renew agreement, something like that.
Im also willing to pay for that.

- Foldable Carbon Fiber Props, like M600.
That plastic crap is no professional solution.

Thanks for listening!

2017-8-6
Use props
kg11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25466 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Damn dude that just about covers everything well done. Love the heading to "Make Inspire2 Great Again" Awesome
2017-8-7
Use props
Deanopeps
lvl.3
Flight distance : 233474 ft
United Kingdom

Completely agree with you on all fronts.
2017-8-7
Use props
kenavata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 742126 ft
United Kingdom

Great list ...!!!

Dear DJI here is the perfect opportunity to show us you're listening to your customers :-)
2017-8-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I totally agree with you and very nice summary. We need a pro version of the DJI app and it would be very nice if the Forum Mod's can give this feedback to the R&D team

Good job

Rich
2017-8-7
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Follow the money is the DJI approach to marketing, fast nickels [spark/mavic] over slow dimes [inspire 2].
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and feedback.
Though several points of view may be hard to update, I will forward all these to our R&D engineers for consideration in the future release.
We will keep improving our products to make all customers' experience with us better.
Appreciate your support to DJI.
2017-8-7
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-7 23:21
Thanks for your valuable suggestions and feedback.
Though several points of view may be hard to update, I will forward all these to our R&D engineers for consideration in the future release.
We will keep improving our products to make all customers' experience with us better.

Thank you Mindy, appreciated. :-)
Dont want to be rude, but im honestly wondering who you as Company have choosen as Pro´s to test these features.
"Yeah, great. Notification how to unlock the Wheel! Thats what we like as Pros, we always forget that" "Yeah, great. Im not able to delete single Files of the SSD! I like that!"
And so on.
I hope you get my point.
2017-8-8
Use props
rowanhs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400925 ft
Australia

Totally agree with you Skyclip. Got my bird in January and am honestly very hesitant about using it in Pro situations. Far to many problems for a "Pro" product. DJI please listen to us all and make the Insipire 2 great again.
2017-8-8
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Completely agree with you on all fronts.
2017-8-8
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I add the request to beep (optional) while recording a video. I often click the REC button but it does not start recording (because it is still saving a photo) and from low sun I do not see the icon on the ipad.
2017-8-8
Use props
Skyhooker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149980 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI needs to create a world class service entity. Their products have become industry leading examples of the current technology while their service and response practices are laughable. The whole Inspire 2
"loose prop" issue is a prime example of a manufacturing and engineering flaw that they are not capable of dealing with currently. When you spend $7000 on a product it is very disheartening to learn that the company does not invest in the "after sale". DJI, you need to step up your service practices...a lot!
2017-8-9
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

While I agree with much that has been said in this thread, I also appreciate that its new technology in an area that is developing rapidly. I can forgive many things that DJI have overlooked as they clearly do not have any real-world experience in professional digital cinematography, but what I am really struggling with is their apparent lack of regard towards customers. The DJI Service in Europe is awful, the worst I have ever had to deal with. Always "polite" but entirely "useless".  For me its been the matter regarding the loose propellers, I have been trying to get a sensible response from DJI on this matter since 23 May and still have no confidence that they even accept that there is a problem. Its not good enough DJI, you really need to try a LOT harder!
Kind regards
Allan
2017-8-9
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Nothing different to the way they dealt with their customers 2 years ago with the Inspire 1 folks.
You are charging at windmills with this - DJI won't change how they operate until a competitor comes along and they need to respond.

As far as being 'Pro' users, well DJI don't see any differentiation.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Agree with the annoying startup sound.  IT'S TOO LOUD!

Neighbors over the fence stopped talking and I heard one say, "What is that noise?"  Need to throw a blanket over it just to start it up.  Never would attempt starting it at night otherwise
2017-8-10
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-8-8 15:56
I add the request to beep (optional) while recording a video. I often click the REC button but it does not start recording (because it is still saving a photo) and from low sun I do not see the icon on the ipad.

Great Idea!  
Optional would be the best, switch beep on and off.
2017-8-11
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree with this although the start-up sound will never disappear (Brand recognition)
The propeller thing is another issue, but again, it won't change.
The Propeller problem has been posted all over the forums, been sent in thousands of emails to DJI, thousands of propellers have been sent back to DJI and countless RMA's have been raised because of this issue.
Despite all of this, despite their most important Pro Customers begging DJI to address the issue, but to no avail.

Expect NOTHING, the issue is not important enough to fix. A few crashes here and there seems to be worth it for them in addition to the significant damage it causes their brand.

DJI might be the market leader in drone technology, but they are not the only one making 'good' drones, although it seems DJI really has become the GO-TO brand for small drones like the Mavic or Spark, this seems to be DJI's expertise. When you look at what a disaster the Cripplecopter Inspire 2 is you realise that there are other much better value products out there for the large drone range. You know which ones I am talking about. We recently bought 3 Yuneec Typhoon H (still cheaper than 1 Inspire 2), guess what, no issues, nothing rattles, everything is aligned properly and they are 1/3 the price (plus 6 motors) and have superior range to the I2.

Camera  is inferior yes, but 4K is good enough for most uses and omg it is reliable and and piece of quality engineering for a good price
2017-8-14
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Wow, that is news. Are there any good video comparison of the two drone cameras. I also 6 rotors certainly provides redundancy in flight.
2017-8-14
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

Totally agree, I was the second person in this forum to receive my inspire 2 and like the first person, I have stuck propellers. At today, I already use the eight propellers with rattlers because DJI refuses to send me a new ones.

This thing, the ISO 500 fixed on D-Log, the mysterious crashes of some birds without any explication from DJI, the stupid politics about updates make this product a more dangerous game than a Russian roulette for a profesional work.
2017-8-15
Use props
Akira Class
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9890276 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let’s take stock four months later... anything been addressed? I just sold my M600 and bought an I2 so this is all new to me.
2017-12-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

I am sorry being critical. Remember the beta tester program. It has gotten most users welcome here in this forum. A lot of people did sign up. I don't hear anything now. This is the program DJI want started. It is my suggestion that buy DJI product for what it can do now not you expect it to do. Even FW update can be problematic at best. Don't make assumption, research and listen to others review. I was most positive when I started with DJI. That quickly changes when I know more.
2017-12-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-7 13:27
I totally agree with you and very nice summary. We need a pro version of the DJI app and it would be very nice if the Forum Mod's can give this feedback to the R&D team

Good job

Great thoughts, we will see
2017-12-29
Use props
ardian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 455197 ft
  • >>>
United States

And please enable POI mode.
2017-12-29
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Its been over 5 months i did that post.
And, surprise, nothing has moved on for me.
At least, there was some work on DLOG Iso and Recording to SSD only.
The beta i participated in, was simply to test EI-Mode for upcoming X7.
None of my mentions of improvments have be implemented.

So, i took this in my own hand, and with some help of people much brighter then myself,
i got very far and learned a lot about the Inspire 2.

- Disable Startup Sound
Very annoying for me and while on site for customers
Solved. Dead silence when starting up the I2.

- Disable „Right Controller Wheel locked, push to unlock“ Pop-Up
Simply annoying and disturbing having that pop-up again and again. This should be only in beginner mode.
Solved. No more pop-ups.

- Disable „High Wind Warning“ Pop-Up
Comes even if winds are calm. Annoying and unnecessary. Put it up in the „Status row“ when there is really to much wind.
Solved. Wind warning only comes up in the status row, when there is really excessive wind.

- Disable „ Firmware Update Required“
I want to check for Firmware myself. Gives the customer unnecessary doubt if he’s looking at the Tablet together with you.
Solved. Disabled and i can check for myself for new FW.

- Set AEB to any Value, i.e. -1,0,+1. -2,0,+2.
Self explaining. I need to choose the right values at the given lighting conditions.
In progress.

- Video Recording to SSD only (.h264,h.265 or RAW)
I don’t need h264 all the time. Why is there no option to choose, where the data goes?
Partly solved by DJI.

- Save Images to SSD instead of SD Card
Same. Why can’t i use the SSD only for my Images? Lots of space and fast.
In progress.

- Timed shot in .dng down to 1 second.
Should be easy possible, if SSD is used.
In progress, hard to achive to save them to SSD.

- D-Log ISO selectable
Self explaining. Higher ISO, more noise. Simple.
Solved by DJI.

- ExFat for SSD
No more file split of 4 GB. Promised month ago.
Hard to achieve.

- Delete single Files and Folders on the SSD
I want to be able to delete files and folders when connected to the Mac and on the bird in DJI Go.
Hard to achieve.

- Switch for manual Lense on X5S
as soon, as you attach a manual lens like the Laowa 7.5, the bird goes limb.
you have to hot swap from a known lens, like the Olympus 12mm. Really?
HArd to achieve.

- NFZ Management
I often have to fly with permission in NFZ´s.
Flysafe as it currently is, is useless for me.
Is flysafe answering per email fast enough for short timeframes given by the customer?
Is the Serial correctly given from me and returned from flysafe?
Is the LON/LAT correctly given from me and returned from flysafe?
Are the DJI Servers up and running to transfer the Whitelist to my Bird?
Also, i want to link to my thread 6 Months old, with no reply from DJI.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-81179-1-1.html
Solved.

I´ll keep this Thread updated when i get the other stuff solved. :-)

2018-1-12
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Would you mind sharing how you solved the already achieved ones.
2018-1-12
Use props
Upper Limit Fil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81683 ft
United States

that’s covers everything. it’s really frustrating that they ignore their pro users
2018-1-12
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DTK Posted at 2018-1-12 10:50
Would you mind sharing how you solved the already achieved ones.

you got a PM
2018-1-14
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Upper Limit Fil Posted at 2018-1-12 17:31
that’s covers everything. it’s really frustrating that they ignore their pro users

I wouldnt say "ignore". There is simply no interest company wise to change these things. As long as the selling rates are fine, there is no need to change anything. Simple Company thinking, understandable for me. :-)
2018-1-14
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Skyclip, thanks. Did not know about this. Will keep an eye on it from now on.
2018-1-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love the title
2018-1-14
Use props
matteo
lvl.2

Italy

- Foldable Carbon Fiber Props, like M600.
That plastic crap is no professional solution.
Solved. Although not by DJI...

2018-1-23
Use props
The Polymath
lvl.2
Flight distance : 644672 ft
United States

I hope DJI gets the hint to add features to their Pro-sumer clients.  Great cohesive list! thank you for bringing all of these ideas together in one place.

Aloha
2018-1-26
Use props
LC17SMP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331217 ft
United States

I really want an Inspire 2. This is good info here. I realize that it’s certainly not their best selling drone but if I’m going to shell out 3k for just the bird I’m going to expect these type of options.
2018-1-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

Are you saying 3k? Have you included license fee, camera and lens. Do you only 1 pair of batteries for 25 minutes flight only. It costs a lot more than that.
2018-1-26
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1039029 ft
Taiwan

LC17SMP Posted at 2018-1-26 19:34
I really want an Inspire 2. This is good info here. I realize that it’s certainly not their best selling drone but if I’m going to shell out 3k for just the bird I’m going to expect these type of options.

You sure mate it will be 3K? Are you going to fly the drone without a camera and extra accessories? Have a look at this page:https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2/preferences

My bird is now over 8K and I don't even own X7...
2018-1-27
Use props
LC17SMP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331217 ft
United States

"3k for just the bird"

Lost in translation I guess. What i meant by that is it $3000 for just to get an airborne drone with NO accessories. (camera, batteries, cases. ect)
2018-1-27
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

Yeah,, say it for what it is. You will feel better. Spending around 8k for a drone and there are so many quirks. More an experimental kit, you have accept this fact.
2018-1-27
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

To be honest I brought the I2 for what it was. I did expect all features to be added but compared to my I1 it really has upped my game and I love it.

The one ting that really annoyed me was the lack of Intelligent flight modes. All the issues with props and motors I've managed to solve so far, and don't mind that as I quite enjoy problem solving.

The FW is a different issue. I'm still running the third release and an prehistoric app but it works.

I read on the forum once that you should buy something for what it does, not what you heard, or want it to turn into. Like many things you'll receive, they may need a bit of adapting to work correctly but if you really like it that's fine.

On the other hand DJI should either stop making false promises or sort them selves out and follow though on their marketing statements.

It really is a love my drone, but hate the manufactures, but love them for making it, type relationship. I dealt with Virgin today and their customer service is 99.9% on point. If DJI ever get to this stage they could be flying people around the world in drones within 5 years. With the service they currently have in terms of admitting to faults and been transparent to their customers, they'll never be trusted to operate at that level.

I think we all expect this new technology to just work. DJI tested it and thought it did but then we found the issues by extensive testing in the field.

Nature of progression..  
2018-1-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sent you another PM..  could you respond when you get chance please

Thanks
Rich
2018-1-27
Use props
fans9f85da53
lvl.3
Flight distance : 502982 ft

I agree with you totally and I have asked for the same things over and over again with no help from them! I am getting ready to start looking for a different drone company that will fulfill their customers wishes and they aren’t listening to us. I am very tired of them telling me that I just need to be patient! My patience has run out!!
2018-5-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules