Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gestures don't work at all
1073 9 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lyzarr
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I am trying to get gesture control working for four days now.
I've watched dozens of videos on youtube, and am quite confident, that I do understand HOW the movements have to made correctly. Furthermore I tried them differently.

Palm take off and land always works with my spark, anything else (mostly) doesn't.

First off moving by hand, rarely works and when, very briefly. And I am moving my hand really slow, also tried using the fist instead. Sometimes it doesn't even recognises I'd like to move it by hand.

Waving away did work exactly 2 times, out of maybe 40 tries, where as I made a total clown off myself. Again, did it slowly, for 2 seconds, with moving whole arm (elbows).

Coming back (Y-shape) doesn't work at all with my unit. Very nice in those two cases where "wave away" actually worked and the spark hovered 3 meters in the air, and I had to wait for the battery to drain out and the spark coming down again for landing. I mean, is that what those guys at dji call fun in your spare time?

Taking a picture rarely works, maybe also twice - I'm the clown guy....

Starting recording a video... oh c'mon, what do you think?! - And yes, I've got the latest firmware as of today, which included this function.

This product is the worst junk I've ever bought.

2017-8-6
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

My Spark works exactly as described. Maybe you have a faulty device?
2017-8-6
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes I also feel like there may be an issue with your spark.  90% of the time gesture mode works fine for me, only occasionally having hiccups during really bright days.  Perhaps start a ticket?
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI_ChrisW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43379 ft
United Kingdom

I'd have to agree that gesture mode does not work very well for me either. Thankfully it isn't why I bought the drone, so I've been focussing on the other modes (which I am HUGELY impressed with) but it's a big part of the Spark's functionality and it'd be really nice to have it working well.
2017-8-6
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

I have similar issues since the last firware update.

With the previous version, all gestures were working perfectly. Now, I have a hard time having the basic palm gesture working. Forget about the video one, it never works. I refreshed the firware in case there was an issue during the update and it did absolutely nothing.

I will probably downgrade to confirm it's a firmware issue. I'm starting to think there may be hardware variations and, unfortunately, some Spark have a hard time with the latest firmware.

Hey DJI, this is not normal. There a lot of people negatively affected by the last firmware. Do something.
2017-8-6
Use props
fansc4c294d2
New
Netherlands

It's true, since the last firmware update online take off and palm landing works. Very frustrating, and while trying you look like an idiot.
2017-8-6
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-6 20:01

With the previous version, all gestures were working perfectly. Now, I have a hard time having the basic palm gesture working. Forget about the video one, it never works. I refreshed the firware in case there was an issue during the update and it did absolutely nothing.

Hmmmm strange, I had exactly the opposite. With the latest firmware they work like a charm. With the previous firmware, the gestures only worked when the sun was down and it was getting dark.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please take a video of the whole process when you use Gesture Control? I'll help to confirm more. Besides, Gesture Video works when the distance is within 2 meters.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DJI_ChrisW Posted at 2017-8-6 11:54
I'd have to agree that gesture mode does not work very well for me either. Thankfully it isn't why I bought the drone, so I've been focussing on the other modes (which I am HUGELY impressed with) but it's a big part of the Spark's functionality and it'd be really nice to have it working well.

Could you please tell us about more details about your issue? And you had watched our tutorial videos to learn about details, right? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-6 20:01

Just to verify, how far was your drone when you attempted to activate recording in Gesture Mode?It can only be activated within 2 meters. 手势控制的距离.png

2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules