Gimble Problem going limp
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3bdb2b9c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102139 ft
United States

On start up my gimble cannot find center and after a long time will go limp.

2017-8-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you have a crash?
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Is there any error message when the gimbal issue appeared? If the drone didn't crash before, I would recommend you to check whether the live feed is available and how the backward LED is flashing.
2017-8-6
Use props
fans3bdb2b9c
lvl.1
United States

I'm not sure if the crash I had a while back would matter since it has been running fine for 2-3 weeks since then. The live feed is available. The backward LED flashes red green yellow then just yellow flashes while camera moves around violently. I had to turn the unit off so I wouldn't burn out the motor.
2017-8-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

fans3bdb2b9c Posted at 2017-8-12 15:08
I'm not sure if the crash I had a while back would matter since it has been running fine for 2-3 weeks since then. The live feed is available. The backward LED flashes red green yellow then just yellow flashes while camera moves around violently. I had to turn the unit off so I wouldn't burn out the motor.

Have you already calibrated the drone Gimbal?

RedHotPoker
2017-8-12
Use props
fans3bdb2b9c
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-12 15:37
Have you already calibrated the drone Gimbal?

yes I already tried the Gimble calibrate.
2017-8-13
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

Sorry I have to interject, the title of the post just seemed pretty funny to me. I have this problem all the time. It's called getting old. Seriously though, I'd have reiterated RedHotPokers idea, but it appears you have tried that. Can you still control the camera at all? Move it up and down, and take pictures/movies? Do they get real hot when you turn it on? Are you good about removing the clamp before firing it up? (sorry, just throwing out some ideas)
I have a P3P where the gimbal (please note spelling) will start to jerk back and forth from side to side on rare occasion, but not the issue you describe.

Barney
2017-8-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

fans3bdb2b9c Posted at 2017-8-13 01:36
yes I already tried the Gimble calibrate.

Yes, well then you might want to recalibrate all three: IMU, gimbal, and compass.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-13
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Aside from a blue pill from Canadian pharmacy...
Very weird.. sounds like either something heating up then misbehaving... does not sound good....
Hope u get it sorted out, but sounds like new gimbal to me..
2017-8-13
Use props
fans3bdb2b9c
lvl.1
United States

OK I get the joke so if I can add one I think I need a hot line to stop the problem.

Seriously can I get a number to call and discuss the next step? I have tried all the re-calibrations.
2017-8-15
Use props
fans3bdb2b9c
lvl.1
United States

I sent my Phantom into service more than 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything. Is this normal?
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules