RC and oneplus 5 via usb
2054 8 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ak47marx
New
Thailand

I've never had an androi before, just bought oneplus 5. It has type C usb. I bought a belkin USB-C to USB-A adapter but it only charges the contoller and does not connect in app. Anybody has the same problem?
2017-8-6
Use props
JaredD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

It can't just be a regular adapter cable, it needs to be an OTG cable.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The controller needs an OTG cable to connect a mobile device. But the connection between the Spark RC and the mobile device via OTG cable has not been fully tested, so I would suggest that you use it with caution. We recommend using WiFi to connect the device.
2017-8-6
Use props
djiuser_mvctHy8
lvl.1
Costa Rica

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-6 23:52
The controller needs an OTG cable to connect a mobile device. But the connection between the Spark RC and the mobile device via OTG cable has not been fully tested, so I would suggest that you use it with caution. We recommend using WiFi to connect the device.

So the OTG adapter doesn't works? I'm thinking to buy a DJI Spark but I have a oneplus 5. I contacted DJI support early in the morning and they said that I need to connect the RC to the phone via USB to can fly.
2017-11-5
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_mvctHy8 Posted at 2017-11-5 21:33
So the OTG adapter doesn't works? I'm thinking to buy a DJI Spark but I have a oneplus 5. I contacted DJI support early in the morning and they said that I need to connect the RC to the phone via USB to can fly.

Yes, that (DJI support message) is right.
But you need a Micro USB  OTG-cabel, plugged into the RC, which you then connect on the other side TO your phone.
It will not get you a connection, if you use a OTG adapter from your phone TO the RC

Best you try to get something like this:
Edit: found the one, I have for my OP5 :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tablet- ... Name=STRK:MERFB:IID
2017-11-5
Use props
Andgoro11
lvl.1
Costa Rica

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-5 22:00
Yes, that (DJI support message) is right.
But you need a Micro USB  OTG-cabel, plugged into the RC, which you then connect on the other side TO your phone.
It will not get you a connection, if you use a OTG adapter from your phone TO the RC

So I need a cable, not a OTG adapter?
2017-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Andgoro11 Posted at 2017-11-6 08:33
So I need a cable, not a OTG adapter?

Nope!
You can do it either with a USB-OTG adapter, micro USB to/from RC, plus a Cable USB to USB-C/phone
Or with an adapter cable

0001.jpg

Left: OTG-Adapter-Cabel micro-usb to usb C
Right: micro USB OTG-Adapter (black) and USB adapter cabel from male USB A 2 Micro USB plus Micro USB 2 USB C adapter
2017-11-6
Use props
Andgoro11
lvl.1
Costa Rica

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-6 08:51
Nope!
You can do it either with a USB-OTG adapter, micro USB to/from RC, plus a Cable USB to USB-C/phone
Or with an adapter cable

Ok thanks, so helpful.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_mvctHy8 Posted at 2017-11-5 21:33

May I know whether you contacted our support via voice call or email? Would you mind telling me the ticket number if you got one? Spark's RC is connecting to a mobile device via WiFi. OTG connection has not been fully tested, we recommend connecting via WiFi then.
2017-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules