Mavic slightly descending when flying forwards
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Siwyleeds
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hi guys
I've just started flying my Mavic last week, and I have noticed that it is slightly descending when flying forwards. Below 1 metre above ground. Every 20-30 metres I have to raise it about 10 cm.
It seems to be ok when flying faster and higher but it does that when flying low and slow. it seems tha the mavic doesn't know that it is descending as the height on screen doesn't decrease. Vps sees that as it shows on the display. Then when will throttle up about 10 cm the mavic sees the ascending and the height at the bottom of screen increases. After 20 mins of flying below 1 metre between the trees and bushes. The height on the screen shows 11metres where the mavic is only 1 metre above the ground. It is because the mavic doesn't calculate the descending but it does the ascending. When it hovers it's all fine.  I hope it makes sense. Has anyone tested their machine like that? And experienced something similar?  Why would it descend? My phantom 3A didn't do it. Could it be the barometer fault?
Any help would be appreciated
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried to calibrate the IMU? If yes, how is it going? Besides, you can also try to calibrate the RC.
2017-8-6
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Just did the IMU and compass. I`ll test it out later on. I`m hoping it was just it. I love my mavic it`s so much fun with goggles. I`ll keep You updated
thanks
2017-8-7
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Diana. Thanks for your advice.  It has worked. I did few 300 metres trips low both ways and it has kept its altitude well.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules