Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Call me crazy but...
12Next >
6341 72 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I am definitely going naked stays so much cooler ..... If the heat is attributing to the Sparks falling out of the sky then this is a Surefire way to make it stay cool . My spark is usually pretty hot when I come in after flying now it's ambient temperatures which is nicer on the electronics it has no adverse effects on flying still flies the same
20170806_140020.jpg
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We do not recommend doing this, since the damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembly, or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or manuals will not be covered by warranty according to DJI After-Sales policy. We suggest sending it back to our official repair center for maintenance if the drone needs to be repaired.
Thanks for your kindly understanding.

2017-8-7
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

I'm pretty confident that direct sunlight will have reverse effect and good luck cleaning it out of the bugs smashed by props.
It looks cool though
2017-8-6
Use props
LOKY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

yes, sorry to say but you are crazy. Jokes aside, you are going to get a lot of dusty, what can sure damage your SPARK, aside that, any issues you may have, the warranty will be voided. On a side note, I can see a lot of people trying to figure out what is happening with the dropskygate. On my 2c, this is ONLY DJY responsibility and duty to do that. As customers I don't want to expend my time/money trying to debug something that is DJY's fault. Guess they are busy trying to cope with all the loss after the entire US Military just drop all DJI drones/software under privacy concerns.
2017-8-6
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

LOKY Posted at 2017-8-6 10:15
yes, sorry to say but you are crazy. Jokes aside, you are going to get a lot of dusty, what can sure damage your SPARK, aside that, any issues you may have, the warranty will be voided. On a side note, I can see a lot of people trying to figure out what is happening with the dropskygate. On my 2c, this is ONLY DJY responsibility and duty to do that. As customers I don't want to expend my time/money trying to debug something that is DJY's fault. Guess they are busy trying to cope with all the loss after the entire US Military just drop all DJI drones/software under privacy concerns.

U guys worry to much this is what an air gun is for.... And did the fordt guy really say direct sunlight was going to give me adverse affects? Hahahahaha where do u guys come up with this stuff . Anyway i flew 4 times now and it stays much cooler. Yes if it goes down I'm in deep sh#t but I'm not worried about that I'm going to enjoy this thing
2017-8-6
Use props
Jeff7577
First Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Is it worth voiding the warranty?
2017-8-6
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Loky true but im having fun thats all that matters and i have a co.pressor for bugs . I only see them on props not in body. Props cover 95 % of body while spinning so it stays cools and no bugs that i can see;)
2017-8-6
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

I fix quadcopters on the side so I think I would know if it was going to give me adverse effects. Not worried
2017-8-6
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Yes it is to me. What if heat is the problem?  And oooohh i took the cover off big deal  dont be such big babies jeez its a cheap quadcopter I'm not worried about the damn warranty are you serious but if I can prevent it from falling out of the sky then sure. Yes I don't know exactly what it is but it sure does get very hot and now it's not
2017-8-6
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 238750 ft
Germany

I doubt, that heat is the problem. I few weeks ago I was flying the Spark at noon in direct sunlight in Miami and Key West - it was around 100°F (38°C) in the shadow - you can imagine it was way hotter in the sunlight. And I had ZERO issues with the Spark.
2017-8-6
Use props
PascalG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Isn't there a cooling fan which forces and channels air over the cooling fins? If so pulling the cover is to going to help...
2017-8-6
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Yes the fan os there but i honestly dont think its enough. My spark acts weird when its super hot  and now it doesnt so that tells me this is obviously working plus it looks cool and is lighter
2017-8-6
Use props
Jeff7577
First Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

All we are saying is you voided your warranty for no reason. Why do we care that you fix toys on the side?
2017-8-6
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

https://youtu.be/cPh-d5TEVbo
This guy gets it
2017-8-6
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Jeff why do u keep saying that? Really bro you think I don't no this already so honestly why would you even say something dont be one of them guys! I voided my warranty long ago when I changed sport mode speed to 45 miles an hour. and added mavic pro flight modes plus + 1.5 watt boost..... PS do you want to tell me again that I voided my warranty?
2017-8-6
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

And it is all YOU are saying ....
2017-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-8-6 11:05
And it is all YOU are saying ....

Hopefully it won't rain or humidity, maybe try making some sort of canopy out of the cover. Have flown Spark full sport 11.5 minutes heat was no problem, have the mods anything to do with excessive heat.
2017-8-6
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have no intention of voiding my warranty, but curious... How did you boost the power (by 1.5 watts)?
2017-8-6
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-8-6 10:36
I fix quadcopters on the side so I think I would know if it was going to give me adverse effects. Not worried

You know how you get good at fixing copters, right?  By wrecking them a lot.  Just something to consider.
2017-8-6
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Ive wrecked plenty in my day
2017-8-6
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Drone is fine thanks for caring
2017-8-7
Use props
Smokey22
First Officer
Flight distance : 567434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-8-6 11:05
Jeff why do u keep saying that? Really bro you think I don't no this already so honestly why would you even say something dont be one of them guys! I voided my warranty long ago when I changed sport mode speed to 45 miles an hour. and added mavic pro flight modes plus + 1.5 watt boost..... PS do you want to tell me again that I voided my warranty?

Is your RC getting hot with 1.5 W boost?
2017-8-7
Use props
fans0fcc29dc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

$Gsmbino$ you think this is a good idea altering the specification of a product then creating a post further down where you are rude to DJI Diane.

Not only have you altered the spark physically stating it flys cooler but you have also altered the speed it can fly at. And then put a post up about problem you are having.

Components within the spark are sensitive and you have uncovered them to all types of elements and you don't care about your warranty. Then why creating a post complaining and being rude to and admin!!!!

Firstly you should read the manual which tells you have DJI would like to receive flight data. So you would not of wasted your time doing the wrong thing in the first place.

If I was an administrator of this forum I would ban you.

You clearly have a complete disregard for yours and anyone else safety whilst flying a drone that from time to time could have problem due to all the variables that people fly in.

Good luck for the future
2017-8-7
Use props
LOKY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

$fans0fcc29dc$, as I agree with some of your comments, lets forget this post for a minute , and concentrate on "DJI would like to receive flight data". With so many complains here, and a quite % that is not a "pilot" error, DJI by now , if they are really working in these issues, they will have some kind of solution by now, having in mind the "dropskygate" is not due a hardware issue and they need to have a recall. Any other company will have exchange customers drones with new ones, and use the broken drone customers (the ones that are not in the bottom of lakes, or gone) to analyze the data, aside to get a bunch on their own inventory and debug the issue. On some magazine articles , DJI recognized already they have an issue and are working on this. As I posted on other threads, they are luck so far that no big accident related to to the "dropskygate", and the FAA didn't step in, banning all SPARKS to fly, at least on US, until this issue is fixed.
2017-8-7
Use props
fans0fcc29dc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

LOKY

I agree bud in the main. The problem you will know and somethings we will never know is what the percentage is sold that have failed not through pilot error but hardware/software failure.

I would suspect that spark has outsold mavic and p4 by a big number and a lot of those buyers have never flown a drone before, this is a new market for DJI and one that would come with problems

When I got my mavic when they first came out I had problems with it. And it was a while until they were fixed. As of yet I have not had a single problem with my spark that I preordered, I could have been lucky don't really know.

DJI have to take a stance until proven otherwise by collection data in a format they can analyse and create fixes for in updates. I know there will be spark owner out there that have done nothing wrong, followed the manual and it's still fallen out of the sky. I do feel sorry for those people. And yes that could be me tomorrow.

FAA won't get involved unless there is a serious concern, and to be honest only DJI know this at the moment and they are probably working hard to fix bugs. How they handle faulty drones is up for discussion as always but saying that they have always been fair to me since I starting flying a phantom 2 drone years ago.

I suspect while not obvious some of these problems will be user error and some could be a hardware issue i.e. Battery connector. The battery should never fall off a drone in mid flight and as that has never been explained  I have taped my battery to the drone to prevent that happening to me, just in case it could do.

I'm sure DJI are reviewing the situation and by now have loads of data to see where there are bugs and working out what are user errors and a firmware update will follow as they have for all the other drones they have made.

I just hope for the genuine people that have done nothing wrong and they have followed the manuals and not altered their sparks in any way are looked after.

2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-8-6 10:29
U guys worry to much this is what an air gun is for.... And did the fordt guy really say direct sunlight was going to give me adverse affects? Hahahahaha where do u guys come up with this stuff . Anyway i flew 4 times now and it stays much cooler. Yes if it goes down I'm in deep sh#t but I'm not worried about that I'm going to enjoy this thing

Screw warranties and dji care refresh.  Do what I did and buy statefarm personal property insurance for the spark, most agents should offer it if’s you ask.   im paying like $50/year no deductible and covers everything..   even if it’s stolen or u flew it into a lake and it’s MIA.  

I’m covered for $1400 which includes al dedicated accessories as well, like my iPad mini I’m using spare batteries and of course ol sparky.   
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-7 06:38
Screw warranties and dji care refresh.  Do what I did and buy statefarm personal property insurance for the spark, most agents should offer it if’s you ask.   im paying like $50/year no deductible and covers everything..   even if it’s stolen or u flew it into a lake and it’s MIA.  

I’m covered for $1400 which includes al dedicated accessories as well, like my iPad mini I’m using spare batteries and of course ol sparky.

Is public liability included
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-7 06:50

you can get liability insurance, added for cheap most certainly.  not sure how much i have, i probably need more since im care taking a huge farm now , should really check actually!
on a side note: public liability insurance isnt something i may need i think there is a distinction.. but ill check with my agent when i call her..or him?   
2017-8-7
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are still many members who are participating in productive conversation (sometimes productive disagreements).  DJI can ban non productive members, and we can ignore the same.
2017-8-7
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

U are right charles. Sorry to the rest of the community for lashing out like that.
2017-8-7
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Thank u imheretocrash again sorry guys...
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans0fcc29dc Posted at 2017-8-7 03:39
$Gsmbino$ you think this is a good idea altering the specification of a product then creating a post further down where you are rude to DJI Diane.

Not only have you altered the spark physically stating it flys cooler but you have also altered the speed it can fly at. And then put a post up about problem you are having.

first of all, im glad you are not a moderator or an admin since you have no idea how to handle situations like these.  second of all it is totally within the rules he can post his modifications as long as he doesn't post instructions and how to or links to them, but rather displays them, if he wants to negatively impact his after sale's policy and warranty he can, anyone can.   it is his choice to tear his spark apart and display it, i agree on both fronts here.. but i s disagree with how negatively outspoken you are.  thats is his $500-$700 that he spent, not your $500-$700, his choice.  period

side note, if you ever get privilege to run a community of sizable volume, dont wrongfully ban people, because that will quickly turn a quiet community into a troll and botnet dump, then rip the quiet helpful community...
2017-8-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, this got juvenile quick.
2017-8-7
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Yes it did and i said i was sorry
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

i prob shouldn't have contributed as much as i did since im a bit late, but i kinda upset negative backlashing people get for modding (hardware or software), if it isn't your money why get so bothered by it?

also, shouldn't be rude to staff when ask for black box info obviously just doing their job, but... DJi needs to do more than hassle us for logs and black box info, because it doesn't get us very far, just another "hurry up and wait" stage. and i can see how frustrating it is, i just didn't even deal with it, i just walked off found my own way of making spark work, exchanging it for a new one on amazon. because eff the DJi process, it sucks and im not waiting. so im sorry i have to say that.  but not dealing with it myself, i have alternate way to replace my spark if it dies or something, that's my insurance..

also $gsmbino$..  have you tried removing the heatsink and reapplying thermal compound on the SoC?  i'm going to try that on my spark if it starts acting up.  i use Arctic MX4 on my gpu/cpus on my computer, which isn't too expensive and does fantastic. i replaced the thermal past on my dell XPS 15 (9350)  i7 and GTX 960m and now the fan barely runs unless im playing a game or exporting videos in premier. such a huge differance, extended battery life too since doesn't need to spin a fan all the time anymore. i wonder if it will help the spark out...?

2017-8-7
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

See dji is pretty good with heat and using thermal paste on there chips. (P4 board) i just think the spark is so cramped those little vents are not doing much. And def no air getting behind gimbal like mavic . When I have the cover off the spark was staying between 10 to 12 degrees cooler!
1502127220114118001612.jpg
2017-8-7
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

I have not tried that no im not going to get into it like that. Dji is usually pretty good with that i do want to vent the top cover better then get it back on. There is just not enough heat dissipation
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

also very little intake on the spark, both vents are exhausts..  
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-8-7 09:33
I have not tried that no im not going to get into it like that. Dji is usually pretty good with that i do want to vent the top cover better then get it back on. There is just not enough heat dissipation

im wondering because my old spark did get very hot but amount of heat blowing out was very little..i could feel the air coming out wasn't as warm as the plastic..which says it wasn't able to dissipate near as much as it was creating.   my new one is blowing out a lot more heat in same volume of air, and heat it blows out feels very similar to the heat building up on the case says that dissipating exactly as much as its making..  

sometimes they dont always apply correct amount of thermal compound, usually too little or someone applied it wrong like applied it then lifted the part again creating air bubbles which trap heat..  also usually bulk thermal compound used is always always crap compared to aftermarket compound..  specially if they used silicon based compounds, yuck
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-7 06:50

i have separate liability insurance, right now im only at $5 million, i asked about expanding to $10 million, since that's not that much more money, and worth the extra coverage i think, doubling down.  they said they will get back to me on that, probably means they will want me to visit them in office or sign some stuff in the mail.  

as for will it cover me from use of my drone/quadcopter breaking stuff, as always it depends.. but its like most things would get used under liability...sounds promising enough...
2017-8-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules