Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Abnormal Vibration at Camera
2462 22 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0xJaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65873 ft
Indonesia

when i start flying the drone.. i got a liltle vibration here..
is it caused by wind or Gimbal Error ? or Motor problem ?

00:08

2017-8-6
Use props
I am the E
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Stop eating "Jello" before flying!  Search for "Jello Effect"...
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Check whether the video was recorded at a place where winds were strong. The jello effect may occur in the video shot in a place where winds are strong. Are the blades damaged? Try to calibrate the IMU and gimbal, see if it works.
2017-8-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

were you standing on a roof top while  flying/recording? i f you were at ground level then perhaps your radio signal was week from being slightly blocked by buildings?
2017-8-6
Use props
0xJaw
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-6 18:49
Check whether the video was recorded at a place where winds were strong. The jello effect may occur in the video shot in a place where winds are strong. Are the blades damaged? Try to calibrate the IMU and gimbal, see if it works.

i've test it when i put mavic on the ground and i let the wind come to mavic.. i see from image is shaking.. but not as always, i see many footage with stonge wind and the images still fine.. whats wrong with my gimbal ?

my vibration plate is fine.. i've did update fw, calib imu, compass, gimbal
2017-8-7
Use props
0xJaw
lvl.1
Indonesia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-6 22:01
were you standing on a roof top while  flying/recording? i f you were at ground level then perhaps your radio signal was week from being slightly blocked by buildings?

i am on ground when i fly it..
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

0xJaw Posted at 2017-8-7 02:58
i've test it when i put mavic on the ground and i let the wind come to mavic.. i see from image is shaking.. but not as always, i see many footage with stonge wind and the images still fine.. whats wrong with my gimbal ?

my vibration plate is fine.. i've did update fw, calib imu, compass, gimbal

If so, you may need to send it in for diagnosis and repair. Looks like a hardware problem of the gimbal. Did anything happen to the drone before, like hard landing or crash?
2017-8-7
Use props
0xJaw
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-7 03:13
If so, you may need to send it in for diagnosis and repair. Looks like a hardware problem of the gimbal. Did anything happen to the drone before, like hard landing or crash?

no i just got my mavic last day.. never crash never fly before me
2017-8-7
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

0xJaw Posted at 2017-8-7 03:24

Had the same problem (much more jello than that), re-calibrated IMU's, VPS, Gimbal & Compass in that order and the problem stopped.
2017-8-7
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Reason i asked if you are on a roof is because when i look at the streets and buildings and yr flight path - then i imagine that your radio signal was being interupted by trees and buildings - but still close to you to receive and not break completely - but interupted non the less and causing your problem - this is just my guess - other people may be right about jello and recalibration.
I think though that it is due to poor radio control signal to the drone.

A solution when you see this is to fly higher with the drone so that LINE OF SIGHT (LOS) is reestablished.

LOS - means yr drone and controler must have uninterupted sight with each other - interferance (trees, buildings etc) will affect radio signal
VLOS mens Visual line of sight - means yr eyes must be able to see it.
LOS - drone
Vlos - yr eyes
2017-8-7
Use props
0xJaw
lvl.1
Indonesia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-7 06:00
Reason i asked if you are on a roof is because when i look at the streets and buildings and yr flight path - then i imagine that your radio signal was being interupted by trees and buildings - but still close to you to receive and not break completely - but interupted non the less and causing your problem - this is just my guess - other people may be right about jello and recalibration.
I think though that it is due to poor radio control signal to the drone.

But even im on the los position the image still vibrating sometimes.. i was move to another location and have same issue.. i will try to re-calibration and test it back .. hope the issue solve
2017-8-7
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

OK - sorry i was not able to assist - stay on this forum and someone here will be able help you at least identify the problem and hopefu and fix also
2017-8-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

This does not look like the jello effect.  It appears to be a video problem.  If you just got it and it was from a local dealer, I'd take it back and ask for another.  Otherwise, you'll likely need to send it in for evaluation.  Do try an IMU, compass, and gimbal calibration beforehand just to cover those bases in case.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

0xJaw Posted at 2017-8-7 03:24

Like AG0N-Gary mentioned,  if you just got it and it was for a local retailer, please contact the retailer first, see if they can replace it for you.
2017-8-7
Use props
0xJaw
lvl.1
Indonesia

another footage .. after did everything .. even new propeller ..

2017-8-8
Use props
ZeusZ
New

United States

I'm having a similar problem. Hoping I don't need to return and replace mine!
2017-8-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

hey oxjaw - how do you hold your controler?
The antenna must be opened in a certain way (both straight up and parallel - this is important for proper quality signal)
The antenna must also be facing flat towards your drone (the signal must NOT be comming out of the tips of yr antenna)I still make this mistake sometimes and though my 'interferance looks differant to yrs when i adjust hold RC position then it solves my problem.
Optimal transmission angle.PNG

2017-8-9
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get it on my videos too. Its not bad signal reception or interference, this is some kind of shake on the camera that is not being filtered out by the optical image stabilization. If it was a signal issue the shake wouldnt be present in the footage in the SD card.
2017-8-9
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Its been happening more now than before and I cant figure out why. It hasnt been that windy when I've flown.
2017-8-9
Use props
0xJaw
lvl.1
Indonesia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-9 14:34
hey oxjaw - how do you hold your controler?
The antenna must be opened in a certain way (both straight up and parallel - this is important for proper quality signal)
The antenna must also be facing flat towards your drone (the signal must NOT be comming out of the tips of yr antenna)I still make this mistake sometimes and though my 'interferance looks differant to yrs when i adjust hold RC position then it solves my problem.

hi, it wasnt a signal..

but camera problem ..
i think it was defects from factory..

if you think ur gimbal is fine then its camera ..
2017-8-9
Use props
0xJaw
lvl.1
Indonesia

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-8-9 17:02
I get it on my videos too. Its not bad signal reception or interference, this is some kind of shake on the camera that is not being filtered out by the optical image stabilization. If it was a signal issue the shake wouldnt be present in the footage in the SD card.

try yo put a filter to your camera .. see what happen ..
i've see someon put a couple gram to camera and shaking image gone..

try to use filter camera ..
2017-8-9
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

0xJaw Posted at 2017-8-9 17:33
try yo put a filter to your camera .. see what happen ..
i've see someon put a couple gram to camera and shaking image gone..

I get it with a filter too. I use filters in most of my day time flights and the shake still happens.
2017-8-9
Use props
0xJaw
lvl.1
Indonesia

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-8-9 18:46
I get it with a filter too. I use filters in most of my day time flights and the shake still happens.

Well.. i'v put my drone to local store to get service.. don't know maybe 1 or 2 weeks to get it finished. And i hope I don't need to replace the gimbal / camera
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules