Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Range only 30 meters?!?!
1108 11 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2f70cfd3
lvl.1
Kosovo

I am flying in an open area, hardly any interference, small village and RC signal is lost only 30 metres away from me when it is in plain sight. I have my RC antennae at 135 degrees (as suggested) and I saw some posts on this issue, but this was last year and was related to a firmware update, but its a while later and idk what is happening. I flew it in London, about much further away, and there weren't any problems, There are also no radio transmitters nearby, it's literally a small village in the middle of no-where. I also have the latest firmware and everything, but the signal is lost like 20 metres in the sky and about 30 metres away from me, and sometimes, i fly it about 200 metres away with no problem. Whats happening?
2017-8-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sounds like you're pointing your control antenna at the AC like a sniper rifle.  That doesn't work.  I think you're flying too high at too short a distance.

The two antennas should be parallel.  Try keeping the control antenna straight up and down, and try flying straight out 10-15 meters off the ground on a flat field.   See how far you can go.  
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please keep the antenna erect during the flight, ensure the antenna face the aircraft directly receives the maximum receiving surface. Do not block the RC’s front end to ensure steady signal transmission and try again.
2017-8-6
Use props
fans2f70cfd3
lvl.1
Kosovo

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-8-6 16:18
Sounds like you're pointing your control antenna at the AC like a sniper rifle.  That doesn't work.  I think you're flying too high at too short a distance.

The two antennas should be parallel.  Try keeping the control antenna straight up and down, and try flying straight out 10-15 meters off the ground on a flat field.   See how far you can go.

its a phantom 3 standard, there is only one antenna...
2017-8-7
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

fans2f70cfd3 Posted at 2017-8-7 04:11

With "The two antennas should be parallel. " I am guessing that Mark means the antenna ( located in leg) of the drone should be parallel with the antenna on the RC   
2017-8-7
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Did you log out and back in to DJI after your last firmware update? If not, your limited in range until you do.
2017-8-7
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

fans2f70cfd3 Posted at 2017-8-7 04:11

The P3s has a visible and 2 invisible antennas left and right form the visible antenna. Do not cover the Antenna plain left and right from the control antenna.  
2017-8-7
Use props
fans58afe77c
New
Flight distance : 4646 ft
United States

I just flew for about 15 minutes and I couldn't get it to go higher than the treetops. Almost, but no cigar. It still keeps losing signal and says its landing so I touch the "X" to stop it from landing and bring it closer to me so the signal will be strong enough to keep flying. It flies great, just can't get very far away from me or go very high before losing signal to the RC. I tried logging out of the DJI GO app and logging back in, and reconnecting the RC by pressing the button on the AC, but still I can't get any distance.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans8efe5623
New
Flight distance : 3904 ft
Greece

I have the same problem, tried everything, relink with rc multiple times, I did log out and log in in DJI Go app, i tried various firmware versions from 1.5.7 to latest.
I get only 35-40 meters max. Yes and the antenna is parallel with the drone not pointing at the drone.
My thought maybe faulty controller but how can i test that?
2017-8-9
Use props
Axor11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 687028 ft
Ireland

I changed my controller no joy..
2017-8-9
Use props
fansbd169b83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66585 ft
Australia

People, I had similar issue restricted distance 50m and altitude 30m. I uninstalled DJI Go App and reinstalled. It prompted me to log in, I conducted a flight test  and all good. I can now set extra distance.  Need to re in stall the DJI Go App. I am using an android device
2017-8-9
Use props
fansd6a7f95d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240974 ft
United Kingdom

stuka75 Posted at 2017-8-7 06:09
Did you log out and back in to DJI after your last firmware update? If not, your limited in range until you do.

Same thing happened to me I logged out then logged in and it is now working  this forum is great.
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules