Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Height of my P3S
638 7 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Assuming my max flt is set to 400'and I launch my P3S from a specific spot, that spot let's say is ground 0, if I am moving up the side of a hill top and it plateau  350' vertical from the launch site ( ground 0) does that mean on the plateau I will only be able to clime another 50'?
Also, if I set the AC was set on hover and I ran up the hill to the plateau with the RC would I now get to climb another 400' or would it still restrict me to the 50'as before (assuming battery's are still string enough)??  
2017-8-6
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

Yes, if you set your max to 400', then you would only be able to climb an additional 50'.  So don't set your max to 400'.  Problem solved?

As for your second question, the RC position doesn't affect anything in the least.  It's all about the takeoff point and barometric pressure from there.
2017-8-6
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

I figured as much had it happen and was very surprised I could only get the extra 50, lucky nothing like trees were in its path taller then 50 ft. Just a heads up for the new bees like me lol
2017-8-6
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-6 14:52
Yes, if you set your max to 400', then you would only be able to climb an additional 50'.  So don't set your max to 400'.  Problem solved?

As for your second question, the RC position doesn't affect anything in the least.  It's all about the takeoff point and barometric pressure from there.

Sorry, your information is not true. The height you enter is ALWAYS + the height of your take off place. If the take off place is at an elevation of 5000 ft ASL and the maximum height is 400 ft then the limit of the vehicle's flight height is 5400 ft ASL. ASL = Above Sea Level.

Regards Leif.
2017-8-6
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-8-6 20:53
Sorry, your information is not true. The height you enter is ALWAYS + the height of your take off place. If the take off place is at an elevation of 5000 ft ASL and the maximum height is 400 ft then the limit of the vehicle's flight height is 5400 ft ASL. ASL = Above Sea Level.

Regards Leif.

You read my post, but you did not seem to read his, which contained the information I was replying to.  He asked if you only had an additional 50' AFTER ascending beside a 350' hill.  I left this out of my reply for the sake of brevity.
2017-8-7
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
China

You already started another thread which was answered with same question.  You don't need to make multiple threads on the same subject.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-108009-1-2.html
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As Irate mentioned, the take-off point will be 0 and it calculates altitude based on the take-off point. I would recommend you to take-off in the mountain.
2017-8-7
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-7 20:23
As Irate mentioned, the take-off point will be 0 and it calculates altitude based on the take-off point. I would recommend you to take-off in the mountain.

Maybe not IN the mountain but on top of the mountain.  lol  Mountains, my favourite place to fly from.  

Thanks DJI Susan.   
P3S SUNSHINE.jpg
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules