[SOLVED] GO app for P4P+ missing functions
979 5 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

DJI just issued a firmware update for the P4P+ controller that updated the GO 4 app to version 4.1.4.   However, it is missing functions that were available in version 4.1.4 of the IOS GO 4 app.   2 examples, the time lapse option in the camera settings, the IOS version enables 2, 3, and 5 seconds, the P4P+ only goes down to 5 seconds.  The P4P aircraft spec says 2 seconds, why doesn't the GO app support it?  Also, the flight modes are not the same, waypoint mode on P4P+ is practically useless because there are no options to point the camera anywhere but in the direction of flight.   I am sure there are other differences.  I understand that there are far more users of the IOS GO app than P4P+ and so any new functions go into that GO app first, but the P4P aircraft is identical and when P4P+ is upgraded, functionality should be the same, otherwise version number is meaningless at best and is deceptive advertising.  

Does anyone have both an embedded display controller and standard controller who can do a head to head comparison for other differences?
2017-8-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Check you have not got the still photo set to JPG+RAW, you only get the shorter interval on JPG only. The IOS version of the app has always had more functions than the Android version, sometimes this is due to limitations in the Android OS.

As to camera direction in waypoint mode, I don't know if it is any different for the P4P, but with my P3P I can aim the camera anywhere I like during a waypoint mission. In fact that's the only reason I use waypoints, to have the automatics fly the route I set while I contol the camera position.

2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As Geebax mentioned, I would recommend you to switch the picture format to check the time lapse. For the camera directions in waypoint, may I have a short video or the screenshot of mission settings interface, I'd like to check it.
2017-8-7
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-6 17:36
Check you have not got the still photo set to JPG+RAW, you only get the shorter interval on JPG only. The IOS version of the app has always had more functions than the Android version, sometimes this is due to limitations in the Android OS.

As to camera direction in waypoint mode, I don't know if it is any different for the P4P, but with my P3P I can aim the camera anywhere I like during a waypoint mission. In fact that's the only reason I use waypoints, to have the automatics fly the route I set while I contol the camera position.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Turns out 2 & 3 second interval works only if photo in JPEG mode, RAW alone doesn't work either.  Where is this kind of thing documented so we customers don't have to learn to operate the P4P by guessing?
2017-8-10
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-7 22:11
As Geebax mentioned, I would recommend you to switch the picture format to check the time lapse. For the camera directions in waypoint, may I have a short video or the screenshot of mission settings interface, I'd like to check it.

See the screen shots below.  I think I finally found where options are hidden.  There is gear wheel icon on final screen and if you click on that then you get option for "free" mode.  It would be good if there were some documnetation on intelligent flight modes on P4P+ controller  GO 4 app.  All of the support tutorial videos reflect the IOS version.  
Screenshot_2017-08-09-15-24-48.jpg
Screenshot_2017-08-09-15-27-56.jpg
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

wataero Posted at 2017-8-10 15:51
See the screen shots below.  I think I finally found where options are hidden.  There is gear wheel icon on final screen and if you click on that then you get option for "free" mode.  It would be good if there were some documnetation on intelligent flight modes on P4P+ controller  GO 4 app.  All of the support tutorial videos reflect the IOS version.

It's nice to hear that you have figured it out. I appreciate your suggestion and will forward to the designated team for further review.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules