Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Places to fly drones.
4972 11 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steven8
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi Folks,

I am planning to visit Victoria, Australia in October 2017.

Just want to find out where are the nice places to fly my Mavic pro and what are the do's and don'ts.

I will be in Geelong and then travel along the Great Ocean Road stopping at Lorne, Apollo Bay, Port Campbell then back to Melbourne city for a few day.

Would greatly appreciate some tips and warning to make my trip a successful and enjoyable one.

Thank you very much.
Have a great day.

Steven8
2017-8-6
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Here is a link to the CASA website which has links to the rules in Australia for flying drones and a link to an app which will show you where you can and can't fly.

https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft ... ng-drones-australia

Hope this helps.
2017-8-6
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-6 20:29
Here is a link to the CASA website which has links to the rules in Australia for flying drones and a link to an app which will show you where you can and can't fly.

https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft/landing-page/flying-drones-australia

Pretty cheers for sharing that: Found this  to be quite useful "Can I fly there? - Drone safety app.

2017-8-6
Use props
editedweb
New
Flight distance : 15607 ft
Australia

cristianc Posted at 2017-8-6 23:08
Pretty cheers for sharing that: Found this  to be quite useful "Can I fly there? - Drone safety app.

Just do be aware that not all of the information in the 'Can I fly there' app is current. An example being in Young, NSW, where the hospital helipad appears to be in a creek, it is actually close to a kilometre away from the point marked (the area indicated was a temporary area used before the helipad at the hospital was built).
I'm not sure if there are any other programs which might have more current information.
2017-8-7
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... take a look at the Airmap-app... maybe this ons has more current information (you can easily search for a location in Airmap, but do not know the situation in Young, NSW but you could check it)
2017-8-7
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Screenshot Airmap-app
Screenshot_20170807-115927.png
2017-8-7
Use props
editedweb
New
Flight distance : 15607 ft
Canada

Mari Posted at 2017-8-7 01:57
Screenshot Airmap-app

Hi Mari, unfortunately, that one isn't any better... It's actually a little concerning that the correct area isn't covered, as it could lead to people inadvertently flying in a dangerous area. I wonder how to get this fixed? The correct area should be somewhere below Mapbox in the lower left of your screenshot!

Location of helipad at Young Hospital
2017-8-7
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I use this app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uav-forecast/id1050023752?mt=8

At leas all the local helipads and seaplane bases are reflected correctly in it for Oslo, Norway
2017-8-7
Use props
Steven8
lvl.1
Singapore

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-6 20:29

https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft/landing-page/flying-drones-australia

Thank you very much Jenee.
Will check up the link you provided.

Have a great day.
2017-8-8
Use props
Steven8
lvl.1
Singapore

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-7 05:43
I use this app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uav-forecast/id1050023752?mt=8

Thanks for the help
2017-8-8
Use props
Pukedogg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32848 ft
Australia

In regards to where to fly the drone have a day at the Grampians. Starting out from Halls gap. Spectacular scenery. Just be sure to have a few batterys and check the weather as it can be a bit blowy. Wind is usualy high in this area but i would check on the day to make a decision.
Cheers
From the big fella.
2017-9-4
Use props
Steven8
lvl.1
Singapore

Pukedogg Posted at 2017-9-4 18:17
In regards to where to fly the drone have a day at the Grampians. Starting out from Halls gap. Spectacular scenery. Just be sure to have a few batterys and check the weather as it can be a bit blowy. Wind is usualy high in this area but i would check on the day to make a decision.
Cheers
From the big fella.

Thank you very much.
Unfortunately, I am not going to Grampians this trip. Will travel from Geelong to Apollo Bay and back to melbourne, spending five days along GOR and stopping at Lorne, Port Campbell and Apollo Bay.
Any suggestion along this stretch ?
Thanks again.

Have a great day.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules