Uninstall and Reinstall New Firmware
7331 39 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans96a00499
lvl.2
Australia

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to uninstall and reinstall the latest Phantom 4 Firmware.
There has to be a reason that some people have installed the latest version without any problems and their bird is flying fine and some of us are have numerous issue and unstable flying, just thought if I could have a second go at updating it would be worth a shot as currently my Phantom flies but its very unstable and Im just waiting for the moment it falls out of the sky.
2017-8-6
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

The DJI Assistant won't let you uninstall the firmware but it will allow you to totally reinstall the latest version which is essentially what you're after. Many people (including myself) have tried that but it made no difference to the wobbling and other issues.
2017-8-7
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.2
Australia

JockC Posted at 2017-8-7 00:00
The DJI Assistant won't let you uninstall the firmware but it will allow you to totally reinstall the latest version which is essentially what you're after. Many people (including myself) have tried that but it made no difference to the wobbling and other issues.

Thanks for the info JockC, I have been trying everything I can think of but with no luck.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We do not suggest to downgrade the firmware via the third party software which may void the warranty.
2017-8-7
Use props
Deep^Blue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1662766 ft
Finland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-7 23:31
We do not suggest to downgrade the firmware via the third party software which may void the warranty.

DJI Susan, well if there was a way as promised during update, to be able to downgrade the firmware, there would be no need to use 3rd party applications. Fact is that with old versions problems disappear.
2017-8-7
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan, when will there be a fix for all these issues ????
2017-8-8
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan, it may void the warranty or will void the warranty ?
2017-8-8
Use props
Tony62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 572795 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Dji Susan but then what do you suggest to do? Flying so is seriously very dangerous. Give us a solution, so why do you force us to keep our phantoms on the ground
2017-8-8
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.2
Australia

Dji Susan
So if my Phantom is out of warranty what does it matter if I downgrade using the third party
2017-8-8
Use props
fansb5a8fce5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7516 ft

Australia

Is the problem here DJI Susan or DJI CEO ?
2017-8-8
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

i recommend you to test update and see if have stable or not. if not update yet, when your mobile happen auto update firmware dji itself. it may become unstable when warranty is over. it charge very high. i got 1 month warranty left. lucky i had to test full update and realised that battery had an issue. some other same as me. i had to send it for repair immediately before exipre warranty. my old phantom 3 pro tested full update v1.9.2 no issue and fine but phantom 4 haiz.... RIP. haha
2017-8-8
Use props
Deep^Blue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1662766 ft
Finland

Well as far as I know DJI Susan has been on the forum more active than DJI CEO so, I think you can figure out yourself which one is more easy to talk to.
2017-8-8
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

New firmware v02.00.0106 unstable and aggressive, Unsafe to fly.  
Can't downgrade firmware via the DJI Assistant 2.
Void the warranty if downgrade via the  third party software.

Keep the Phantom 4 in the box only, after upgrade firmware v02.00.0106
2017-8-8
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Who need a downgrade, pm
2017-8-8
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5456 ft
United Kingdom

T-R Posted at 2017-8-8 07:29
Who need a downgrade, pm

Old firmware can you help?
2017-8-9
Use props
fansb5a8fce5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7516 ft

Australia

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-8-9 02:33
Old firmware can you help?

I think any Judge in a Court of Law would agree that the only option is to downgrade.

Windows XP was a dog when first released. Bill Gates told his staff the next release will work or employee's jobs and pay rises of the failing sections will be affected. The next release of XP worked like a dream although it took some time to release it.

Why has the US defence department dropped DJI?  What do they know that we don't?
2017-8-9
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

fansb5a8fce5 Posted at 2017-8-9 03:57
I think any Judge in a Court of Law would agree that the only option is to downgrade.

Windows XP was a dog when first released. Bill Gates told his staff the next release will work or employee's jobs and pay rises of the failing sections will be affected. The next release of XP worked like a dream although it took some time to release it.

may us defense department is tired to use drones who are more or less goundet and where u are trapped on the good will of dji. DJI like to sell new drones. the old ones do not make money. rubbish firmware helps to sell new ones.  as far no one do legal actions, like people do wit volkswagen, nothing will change

2017-8-9
Use props
robert266
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

Downgrade your drone via third party app and don't give a f* what dji says because  they don't care about you or other customers .. Tee DJI was banned from US Army because this issues and security reason let think a moment and choice the best way for u !
2017-8-9
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5456 ft
United Kingdom

Come on Dji Susan. If you guys are not capable of providing a flying P4 WHAT do you expect people to do with their unstable machines ? .......let me guess your answer " recalibrate the IMU " ......YOU guys are like stuck records you are not listening to the people that keep you in jobs !!!
2017-8-9
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

You promised we could rollback the firmware before we installed it. You made a promise but you offer no option to do so, so I will do so by any mean available. I wish you would try to void my warranty. I will nail your ass to the wall in court! TRY ME!

DJI lie.jpg
2017-8-10
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Is the warranty void if we DON'T upgrade and go flying on old firmware?
2017-8-10
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Have a look. This is hilarious. Some weeks ago I opened a thread with the question of the downgrade and warranty. Check Susan's answer there
https://forum.dji.com/thread-106216-1-1.html
2017-8-11
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

My poll, a very simple poll asking if users had a good, or bad experience with the upgrade, was shut down and removed. That's not very honest behaviour.
2017-8-11
Use props
havrosh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566785 ft
Czechia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-10 14:34
You promised we could rollback the firmware before we installed it. You made a promise but you offer no option to do so, so I will do so by any mean available. I wish you would try to void my warranty. I will nail your ass to the wall in court! TRY ME!

You are absolutelly right!

Many of us would never upgrade firmware without way to rollback.
We have been confirmed that we would be able to revert new firmware
2017-8-11
Use props
fansa5d4b060
New
United States

DJISusan    I'm pretty sure in the USA when you wrote, and I have a screenshot, That we would be allowed to downgrade the firmware after upgrading, your under contract  violation to the tune of every drone that has upgraded. I'm not a lawyer, and this is in no way legal advice, or a threat of action...

I will say this when we clicked the upgrade button AFTER that agreement was made, in writting, it would constitute an obligatory contract. One which is not being upheld.
2017-8-11
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

I downgraded then checked the P4 and had all the modes except Draw available. Didnt try them as wasnt my intention to use the older firmware. So upgraded again and have yet to try a flight to see what happens.
2017-8-11
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-8-11 12:43
I downgraded then checked the P4 and had all the modes except Draw available. Didnt try them as wasnt my intention to use the older firmware. So upgraded again and have yet to try a flight to see what happens.

Please let us know if Draw still missing. If yes, that's means there is tweaked version of the FW.
2017-8-11
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

havrosh Posted at 2017-8-11 07:04
You are absolutelly right!

Many of us would never upgrade firmware without way to rollback.

I even asked before I purchased my latest p4. I asked if I updated it and it didnt fly right could I roll it back and they said yes. That was 3 weeks ago. Another DJI lie. They lie worse than Trump.
2017-8-11
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-8-11 13:48
Please let us know if Draw still missing. If yes, that's means there is tweaked version of the FW.

That happened most likely because he didnt flash it twice and some of the latest failware was still active.
2017-8-11
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.2
Australia

Who need a downgrade, pm

Yes I am considering a down grade
2017-8-12
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.2
Australia

Who need a downgrade, pm

T_R how do I PM you
2017-8-12
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-11 15:13
That happened most likely because he didnt flash it twice and some of the latest failware was still active.

I did flash twice. Three times even.
Going to have to try again as when I upgrade even after multiple reflashes Draw is there but it wont work. You can draw onto screen and it makes a line to follow that is so small and distant you can barley see it. Or it will create a line that is much bigger than the path. Something isnt right here with either the firmware or GO. DJI really need to step up their attampts at getting these issues people are having fixed. And soon. Its not a good situation to be in at the moment..
2017-8-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You click "Personal Message" under his avatar on the left (in his post)
2017-8-12
Use props
fans30813110
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787940 ft
Mexico

hola amigo mi phantom 4 estaba mal despues de la ultima actualizacion pero por un video de you tube pude bajar al firmware anterior logrando que mi phantom volara bien nuevamente.
2017-8-12
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.2
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-12 13:58
You click "Personal Message" under his avatar on the left (in his post)

Yer thanks, I found it it, I didnt relise I was viewing this forum in tablet mode and needed to switch to PC mode to see the PM link
2017-8-15
Use props
info.overexposu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 544055 ft
Netherlands

there is a link about the update program, they know the problem !

https://forum.dji.com/thread-108408-1-1.html
2017-8-15
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

I just spoke with a DJI tech support guy and they do know about the problem but are keeping it as close to their chest as possible. I asked about being put on the Beta test list and he said that he didn't know of one being available. I suggested that he go on the Forum to learn about it then. Also, no time frame on the release of the patch but it is being worked on.
2017-8-15
Use props
user7c0ad13110
lvl.2
Australia

And now any updates?
2017-12-5
Use props
jaypee
New
United States

Are you working on fixing all of this problems? When will it be available? Everything was just fine before the new firmware
2017-12-5
Use props
user7c0ad13110
lvl.2
Australia

I'm going to Consumer Affairs today they've been very helpful in the past. You should all do the same, return the product at full price. Statutory warranty overrides DJI warranty.
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules