Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Misleading]DJI rep has acknowledged issue and advised not to fly
2731 26 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys,there is a gentleman in Spark facebook confirmed DJI rep replied to his email and said better wait then being sorry...which meant they have acknowledged the issue with Spark.
How come you do not inform this official to users on the forum?DJI,you are so irresponsible...
Screenshot_20170807-225314.png
2017-8-7
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

This is the guy's thread about that:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=107478&page=2
2017-8-7
Use props
Dave-r
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1214 ft
United Kingdom

no facts there at all
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's a bit irresponsible of you to come here with half the story, you really should bring proof, unless your saying everything we read on social media is true.
Do you think on the strength of your post we should ground all spark, I mean a guy on Facebook told you but offered no evidence, so it has to be true
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think dji moderators should jump in here to confirm or deny this.
2017-8-7
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-7 08:07

Yeah,well,i admitted I was a bit hurry in that.but please see the second link,the guy did announce that in his thread,but high chance that DJI mod will miss it,so I think still,a new thread will straight-to-the-point title will get their attention.
If it is not true,they have the rights to deny and give explanation.
2017-8-7
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-7 08:07

Because fairly talking,the crashing does not really reduce after the update.I saw you also commented in those cases.
2017-8-7
Use props
dezign999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27297 ft
United States

This exacerbates the issue of sparks "falling out of the sky" in my opinion. I'm afraid that DJI have created somewhat of a monster with making their first truly accessible  drone for beginners. Many of the problems reported can be attributed to user error and ignoring warnings from the DJI Go app.
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-7 08:21
Because fairly talking,the crashing does not really reduce after the update.I saw you also commented in those cases.

I think both on Facebook and on this forum he has not yet showed email he received telling him not to fly, on this forum he left out the bit where a dji rep wrote to him telling him not to fly. I'm sure this can be cleared up if he produces email.
2017-8-7
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

dezign999 Posted at 2017-8-7 08:18
This exacerbates the issue of sparks "falling out of the sky" in my opinion. I'm afraid that DJI have created somewhat of a monster with making their first truly accessible  drone for beginners. Many of the problems reported can be attributed to user error and ignoring warnings from the DJI Go app.

I agreed with you there are pilot's error cases.but the fact that there are also un-explanable cases where DJI did confirmed with email to customer they cannot determine the issue,and offer 30% off for a new one according to their sales policy.
Don't get me wrong.I myself did not (or not yet)have issue with Spark.I do also love Spark,and if anyone ask for my advice i also say good points about Spark.On the contrary,the issue is real,some try to comfort themselves by blaming the issue to pilot's error...but the fact,that DJI has never officially denied the issue with Spark,does telling us something rite?
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-7 08:15
Yeah,well,i admitted I was a bit hurry in that.but please see the second link,the guy did announce that in his thread,but high chance that DJI mod will miss it,so I think still,a new thread will straight-to-the-point title will get their attention.
If it is not true,they have the rights to deny and give explanation.

He never mentions anything about dji rep telling him not to fly until new firmware is released...

I'm all for hysteria but people becoming hysterical because you put up a header to shock and offer no proof.
Soon we will have the lunatics running the asylum....
2017-8-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, this topic needs to slow it's roll.  Facebook is hardly a believable resource by any accounts.
2017-8-7
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-7 08:30
He never mentions anything about dji rep telling him not to fly until new firmware is released...

I'm all for hysteria but people becoming hysterical because you put up a header to shock and offer no proof.

Well,yes,that would be the case if DJI keeps silent.However,if that is not correct,they can always come in and justify.
I meant,after all,in this era of informatic technology,you cannot avoid the spreading of information,and of course you cannot trust all the information.
The purpose of this thread is to have DJI mod confirm the information.I am not trying to attack you or DJI,I see the info,and who knows it is correct or not,so I believe it worth making everyone aware of.

2017-8-7
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

So...i will leave the thread here.DJI think it is not true they can come and justify,and other users can play it safe and wait for an update as well
2017-8-7
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

And here is the screenshot of the letter.
Now,it is DJI's turn to justify
20621338_10155159439742639_4880267569344959157_n.jpg
2017-8-7
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-7 08:27
I think both on Facebook and on this forum he has not yet showed email he received telling him not to fly, on this forum he left out the bit where a dji rep wrote to him telling him not to fly. I'm sure this can be cleared up if he produces email.

And here comes the proof.
2017-8-7
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-7 08:37
Yep, this topic needs to slow it's roll.  Facebook is hardly a believable resource by any accounts.

Yes,but if there is proof,it is another story.
2017-8-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought you were going to leave the thread at that.  This again, is hardly proof to me.  Lloyd is no one to me, and updated what?  He doesn't state exactly what he is actually talking about in that response.  He also only gives his opinion.
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

interesting.  i dont disbelieve dji tech support on this one, i do believe they know more than they can say.  however it is very thin on details, and "my personal point of view" to me says he must have some direct connection to inside and knows more.  but its inconclusive..

but in my experience with tech and tech support, you occasionally hit a high level agent who is involved in actual work behind scenes, if they say something like "in my personal point of view"  then advises of a new release soon, and not to do something, then listen to them.  however nothing here says he is a higher level agent or anything to see him from the sea of other support staff.... so i dont know, was he high enough level to really listen to him?
2017-8-7
Use props
LOKY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-7 09:04
interesting.  i dont disbelieve dji tech support on this one, i do believe they know more than they can say.  however it is very thin on details, and "my personal point of view" to me says he must have some direct connection to inside and knows more.  but its inconclusive..

but in my experience with tech and tech support, you occasionally hit a high level agent who is involved in actual work behind scenes, if they say something like "in my personal point of view"  then advises of a new release soon, and not to do something, then listen to them.  however nothing here says he is a higher level agent or anything to see him from the sea of other support staff.... so i dont know, was he high enough level to really listen to him?

Most likely he doesn't work for DJI anymore, just a guess . . .
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-7 08:52
Yes,but if there is proof,it is another story.

It's amazing the rep failed to address recipient by name which Be be normal for most CS , considering it was an answer to an email query.
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-7 09:24
It's amazing the rep failed to address recipient by name which Be be normal for most CS , considering it was an answer to an email query.

they did not respond to my name by email even when i gave them my name on my support ticket for requesting refund on dji care fresh i got myself before i realized its a mistake. (which yes, i got refunded)

they called me by my name i use on my personal email,  which is super funny and totally inappropriate xD..
2017-8-7
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

I have a few answers from DJI customer support in EU in my mailbox. Starts of the e-mails are ranging from "Dear customer" to "hi". Some ends with the name of the support tech, some are anonymous with "DJI NL technical Support" only.

As for the content of this thread... let's wait and see. I hope there will be more official DJI reaction to this. I don't really see how it couldn't at this stage.

What's objectivly obvious to me at this stage is  the huge lack of QC at various levels :

- AC with 2.4GHz issues in Europe
- already known issue from other models such as corrupted video files when turning drone Off is not addressed in this new product, not addressed in user manual, and not properly addressed by tech support.
- QR codes not working
- App 4.1.5 Android crashing 100% af times

and all this does not make me very confident. I really hope it will be things of the past very soon !
2017-8-7
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12710 ft
United States

Still no reply from DJI? Maybe they think that this issue will just disappear.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We are aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are thoroughly reviewing each customer case and working to address those matters urgently.  DJI products are tested for thousands of hours, and the overwhelming number of customers enjoy using our products with minimal disruption. Thanks for your kindly feedback. Should you have any questions about the Spark, please feel free to contact the Support.
2017-8-8
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12710 ft
United States

That's not the answer I wanted to hear but I expected that. I only hope that "urgently" means that fix or other action from DJI is coming really soon.
2017-8-8
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

not only that but in the email they did not even mention the product he was talking about, that could have been about the Osmo for all we know. not to mention the fact that we dont even know what the question was. to me that is not proof.
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules