Are you flying SPARK on a Suitable/Unsuitable Environment
1259 4 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

As someone sugested on this forum some cases when SPARK malfuction, or drop from sky, maybe related to fly SPARK on what is called "unsuitable environment", since is define in the user manual what is "suitable" envioriment. (puzzled here)

So if you have an issue with SPARK (fly away, drop from sky or any other "major" issue), did you fly SPARK on an "unsutiable" envioriment ?

Also, if you had an issue with SPARK , (broken, etc) because as the best of your knowledge was not pilot error, did DJI offered a replacement or only 30% discount on new SPARK ?

2017-8-7
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

My personal definition of suitable is where it is legal for me to fly, under the right conditions (US FAA regs), and under the right weather conditions.  I fly when wind is 10mph or less, and not raining, in daylight.  I have never flown when the heat exceeds the recommended operating specs (though I did fly when it was at the top end, and I did have some flight problems).

I've flown in my backyard and over my own house/property to get familiar with the drone, and then to perform various tests which do not require a great deal of space.  I fly at a local park which is very open (not a lot of trees or other hazards) when I want to practice maneuvers which require more space.  And I fly when I boat, to get awesome video and pictures.

Given that I never fly out of LOS, and under these conditions, I've never yet had a circumstance occur where I've nearly lost my drone.  No fly-aways, no drops.  I have some concerns about the report of drops, I have no concerns about the "fly-aways".
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

nothing is suitable if its a warranty issue.  they intentionally leave it vague for that very reason.  so they can get away with denying claims.   

anytime you see something that vague and open to interpretations you know its a clause designed to trap people in it.  

its like one thing bothers me i skimmed over in the manual about not exceeding max safe weight, but they never mentioned the actual safe limit, so basically designed to trap people, regardless if it played part or not.  it probably will work for most, but one day when they step on wrong guy or gals toes and get attacked lagally they change it, but until then, nope.. they will happily never mention actual values just ..vague

2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend to do a fully pre-flight checklist and select the flight environment based on this tutorial video.

In case that any accident happened, the data analysis will be helpful to find the reason. We will offer you corresponding solutions according to DJI's policy.

2017-8-9
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

guess , we can related , funny at least, wait for the drone talk (0:59)  :
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules