Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CrystalSky Ultra Bright Shipments in the NE?
2897 31 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

Hi Gang,

I'm desperately waiting for my crystalsky to show up.  Has anyone in the tri-state area recevied the ultra bright large one yet?  I ordered mine from B&H in early May and it still isn't here.  I'm going away soon and I'd love to bring it with me.  If anyone knows of a viable online retailor who stocks these, feel free to pass along.  Thank You.

2017-8-7
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have mine on back order with B&h. Sorry to blow your dreams but no one has them yet not even DJI. I got the 5.5 and waiting on the 7.5 regular suppose to arrive in few weeks.
2017-8-7
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Advexure has my pre-order for the UltraBright and they're hoping for a mid-to-late August shipment BUT they are not very confident in those dates from DJI.
2017-8-7
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
United States

It's ok, as long as I have a realistic timeframe, that is all that matters.  So all of the reports in the wild are from test units I guess.   Oh well, I'm 10 or so months into DJI so I guess what they say is true, their shipments aren't ontime, no communication from the company etc.  I'll sit back and wait.
2017-8-7
Use props
Fistworthy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1613953 ft
Australia

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-8-7 15:15
It's ok, as long as I have a realistic timeframe, that is all that matters.  So all of the reports in the wild are from test units I guess.   Oh well, I'm 10 or so months into DJI so I guess what they say is true, their shipments aren't ontime, no communication from the company etc.  I'll sit back and wait.

Pretty sure those test units were the High Brightness, I haven't come across any posts about the Ultra's on the various forums, do you have any links?

And you're a patient man, I preordered the 7.8 HB almost as soon as it was released late June (from DJI) and was going to cancel when the 30th-July shipping date came and went with no update, checked my email just before cancelling and found a shipping notice, should now be delivered tomorrow.

2017-8-7
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
United States

Hobbyist..that is great.  Are you in the US?  I would be so happy if mine arrived by Friday!!!  
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the delay in shipping, would you please provide me the order number? I will help to check the status, thanks.
2017-8-8
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
United States

Hi Mindy, I ordered it through B&H, not DJI direct.  My assumption is if you guys are shipping, they will be shortly thereafter.
2017-8-8
Use props
phmeicler.free
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147303 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi Dji mindy,

I buight 6 phantom from the Phantom 1 in 2013 to Phantom 4 pro this year , and osmo  and .many accessories .
I precommand on the 25TH of april , at Studiosport (France) the 7,85 HB, and i wanted of course to take it  for my next vacation on Burning Man Festival en the 24TH  of august.
Is it possible to do something for me  ?.  I think i 'm the first who booked this model in Studiosport.
Best regards
Philippe
Philofdrones.com

2017-8-8
Use props
Fistworthy
lvl.4
Australia

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-8-8 04:19
Hobbyist..that is great.  Are you in the US?  I would be so happy if mine arrived by Friday!!!

Nah I'm in Sydney Australia.
2017-8-8
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
United States

bummer, only 26 hour plane ride.
2017-8-8
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-8-8 10:16
bummer, only 26 hour plane ride.

But SO worth it when you get there.  Friendliest people but most inhospitable creatures.  Everything is trying to kill you, except the people.  Truly beautiful country!
2017-8-8
Use props
Fistworthy
lvl.4
Australia

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-8-8 16:36
But SO worth it when you get there.  Friendliest people but most inhospitable creatures.  Everything is trying to kill you, except the people.  Truly beautiful country!

Thanks, but I'll take kangaroos and koalas over bears and bobcats, though it doesn't help that most of our nastiest things look cute and innocent.

And just took delivery of my 7.5"HB, can't really use it until tomorrow because the S/H P3 charger I bought on fleabay doesn't work, that model number is on the compatible list (A14-057N1A) but it must be an earlier revision of the charger because it's missing the barrel connector. Luckily found an inspire1 charger locally for pretty cheap.
2017-8-8
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Fistworthy Posted at 2017-8-8 17:17
Thanks, but I'll take kangaroos and koalas over bears and bobcats, though it doesn't help that most of our nastiest things look cute and innocent.

And just took delivery of my 7.5"HB, can't really use it until tomorrow because the S/H P3 charger I bought on fleabay doesn't work, that model number is on the compatible list (A14-057N1A) but it must be an earlier revision of the charger because it's missing the barrel connector. Luckily found an inspire1 charger locally for pretty cheap.

"though it doesn't help that most of our nastiest things look cute and innocent. "

Sounds like a lot of the fairer sex, here in the US!

Please post up your impressions of the CrystalSky when you get a chance.

2017-8-9
Use props
Fistworthy
lvl.4
Australia

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-8-9 07:57
"though it doesn't help that most of our nastiest things look cute and innocent. "

Sounds like a lot of the fairer sex, here in the US!

Had a couple of flights today and I'm very impressed, even with the sun reflecting into my eyes I could see the screen well. Was originally planning on upgrading to the UB when released but I'm not sure now.
2017-8-10
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

phmeicler.free Posted at 2017-8-8 04:51
Hi Dji mindy,

I buight 6 phantom from the Phantom 1 in 2013 to Phantom 4 pro this year , and osmo  and .many accessories .

You would definitely benefit from using this screen at Burning Man! It's bright in the desert.... you will have a blast. I have been a house DJ for 20 years.
2017-8-10
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any updates on shipping the 7.85 Ultra Bright that anyone can share?  Patiently waiting.
2017-9-25
Use props
TheMann58
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-9-25 01:47
Any updates on shipping the 7.85 Ultra Bright that anyone can share?  Patiently waiting.

The DJI CrystalSky 7.85" Ultra-Bright Monitor (MFR # CP.BX.000224), unfortunately, appears to be vaporware. Too bad - I'd really like to purchase one. There has been no official indication of a product release date from DJI anywhere on their website or in these user forums. You can't even pre-order this model from the DJI Store. B&H Photo Video, which does allow you to place a preorder, has been indicating availability as "New Product - Coming Soon" for the past 4 months! Thus, we now know "coming soon" on B&H website doesn't mean product will be available within the next 4 months. So, it could be another 4 months!
2017-9-25
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
United States

I cancelled my order.  Decided I"m not spending 1k on a screen.  I think it's dump.  Will continue to use my ipad 4 and cover.   
2017-9-25
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-9-25 07:04
The DJI CrystalSky 7.85" Ultra-Bright Monitor (MFR # CP.BX.000224), unfortunately, appears to be vaporware. Too bad - I'd really like to purchase one. There has been no official indication of a product release date from DJI anywhere on their website or in these user forums. You can't even pre-order this model from the DJI Store. B&H Photo Video, which does allow you to place a preorder, has been indicating availability as "New Product - Coming Soon" for the past 4 months! Thus, we now know "coming soon" on B&H website doesn't mean product will be available within the next 4 months. So, it could be another 4 months!

Yes I agree with you that this is quite dissapointing.  Thank you for your response.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-9-25 01:47

Have you checked here through the online store?
2017-9-28
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Advexture is expecting Early-to-Mid October for the first units to start shipping.  Trickle at first and then a bigger shipment.  I’m still holding out hope (and leaving my preorder standing).

Your Mileage May Vary.
2017-9-28
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-9-28 16:08
Advexture is expecting Early-to-Mid October for the first units to start shipping.  Trickle at first and then a bigger shipment.  I’m still holding out hope (and leaving my preorder standing).

Your Mileage May Vary.

I surely hope you are right.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Your Mileage May Vary.

Where you have ordered from is best to consult with on the delivery date. Here is hoping to a quick arrival.
2017-10-9
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Your Mileage May Vary.

@Nikon 1 .... have you had any success with getting your Ultra Bright CrystalSky from Advexure?
2017-10-22
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Not yet.  I’ve not heard of anyone getting theirs delivered.  It would seem to be a waiting game.
2017-10-22
Use props
martinfueloep
First Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I have got mine on Tuesday, but I had ordered it at AF Marcotec in Germany.
2017-10-22
Use props
Ping^Spike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 293189 ft
United Kingdom

I've got one Ultra Bright left for sale in the UK if anyone's interested?

I won't post a link as it's probably against the forum rules but search eBay UK, it's the only one on there :thumbs_up:
2017-10-26
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Checking daily on the DJI Site and most of the major resellers.  Anyone know of stock in the US on Ultra Bright yet?
2017-10-31
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Yeah!  I finally found a CrystalSky Ultrabright from an authorized reseller.  DrDrone.  Sorry I got their last one.
2017-11-13
Use props
fansaee764a5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168819 ft
United States

Howdy!  I wanted to report that I just received my Ultrabright 7.85 Version today.  I ordered mine from Adorama Camera about 4 months ago.  Hopefully everyone else will start receiving theirs.
2017-11-14
Use props
Finmann
Flight distance : 356522 ft
United States

same here, i ordered mine from B&H in early June and I  still got the message today: The following is still out of stock:
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules