Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
(SOLVED) Its finally happened !
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maritimer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

Im devastated ... Out in a open field about 4 ft from ground and was starting to assend upwards. Wind out of nowhere sent drone into some trees that are along the river bank. Sun got in eyes last heard drone clipping trees between field and river bank. I looked for it i may not of been in right area, or its at the bottom of the river. Regardless, how do i check log files to see where it is?

Daryl
2017-8-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry for your misfortune.  Upload your log to the below site and paste the link here so the membership can help you.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

site credit:  msinger
2017-8-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I hate to hear that sound.............
2017-8-7
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.4
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-8-7 12:54
Sorry for your misfortune.  Upload your log to the below site and paste the link here so the membership can help you.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Tried and it wont upload the txt file

Error Code: INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE

Fixed i had to copy to laptop ...

2017-8-7
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.4
Canada

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6NL02HTL1ZFP16ECMW24/
2017-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The flight record shows the Phantom flying at about 12 ft higher than the launch point and crashing
crashing from around 1:23.
The altitude falls to 1.3 ft in the last line of the data record so the Phantom probably isn't up high in a tree.
The last GPS location recorded was 45.173797        -63.726690
Lost M.jpg
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for your loss, have you reported this to the Support? Please contact the Support to start a case.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sun's coming up!  If I was you I'd get out there and start looking for it again
2017-8-8
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-8-8 02:15
Sun's coming up!  If I was you I'd get out there and start looking for it again

We all have the GPS co-ordinates now. Finders keepers?
2017-8-8
Use props
Tmygun
First Officer
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides is spot on.......if the last recorded height it 1.3 feet it would either be on the ground and hopefully visible or it could have tumbled into the river.  Really sorry about your P3A.
If you have a GPS app capable phone...you could punch in the coordinates and look for it that way.

Good Luck!
2017-8-8
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-8-8 03:30
We all have the GPS co-ordinates now. Finders keepers?

40 hours drive time and 2668 miles away. I guess I'll pass.
2017-8-8
Use props
MaxAdj
New
Flight distance : 177 ft
United States

Lesson for us all to know how easy it is to loose control and hit something unintended.  Hope it didn't bounce off the tree and into the water.  Glad I bought my tracker system.
2017-8-8
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

i hope i never have this problem or a system fail and loose one of my drones
2017-8-8
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.4
Canada

Drone found! Was out looking for it in the rain and slipped down a bank and fell into the river. When I was  coming back up the bank there it was lying facedown in muck and battery about 7 ft away from drone. All looks ok physically I'm hoping it will work once I get it dried off. Battery found about 7 FT from drone, unusual?

Daryl
2017-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Maritimer Posted at 2017-8-8 06:30
Drone found! Was out looking for it in the rain and slipped down a bank and fell into the river. When I was  coming back up the bank there it was lying facedown in muck and battery about 7 ft away from drone. All looks ok physically I'm hoping it will work once I get it dried off. Battery found about 7 FT from drone, unusual?

Daryl

It's very comon for the battery to release on an impact.
All it takes is a tiny bit of deformation of the case and the latches let go.
2017-8-8
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.4
Canada

was shocked as another foot the battery be bottom the river lol
2017-8-8
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keep us updated if it works again.
2017-8-8
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.4
Canada

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-8-8 06:48
Keep us updated if it works again.

WILL DO .... BTW how do I get coordinates from where the drone went down from the flight records? Do I need a program for that?
2017-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Maritimer Posted at 2017-8-8 06:50
WILL DO .... BTW how do I get coordinates from where the drone went down from the flight records? Do I need a program for that?

All you need for investigating an incident is given to you by http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-8
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Labroides Posted at 2017-8-8 07:04
All you need for investigating an incident is given to you by http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Also download google earth you can download your flight logs and see the flight path your drone took.
2017-8-8
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Daryl

Ha.... karma, fate, or what ever good thing you slipped and that's how you found your drone.  Let it dry out for a long time.  Perhaps in a room with very dry air or ask if you know any one has a low temp machine to dry out your drone in.  Maybe not a kiln or a forge.  lol

Hope it's all OK.   As it was raining you may want to be careful that battery did not get wet. Look for any swelling and I'd wait before charging it. Let it also dry out.
2017-8-8
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

Glad you found it.
Hate to admit it... BUT,
I have knocked the battery out of both of mine. maybe more than once. I fly here at home 99% of the time and its a obstacle coarse.
With the battery knocked out of yours I'd dare say even if it got rained on or fell in the water.. IF thoroughly allowed to dry out. It should be ok.
Provided the impact didn't cause damage.

These guys are pretty tuff.tough
2017-8-9
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should be able to ping it. I would imagine that the b battery was fully charged and that would enable it to ping for days. That is, if it didn't go into the water.  Also check your flight log on your tablet. That will show the route that it took.
2017-8-9
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-8-9 06:09
You should be able to ping it. I would imagine that the b battery was fully charged and that would enable it to ping for days. That is, if it didn't go into the water.  Also check your flight log on your tablet. That will show the route that it took.

He found it back in post #14
2017-8-9
Use props
fans22529041
lvl.3
Flight distance : 350174 ft
Canada

Daryl

Good for you Daryl ! glad to here you got it back. I hope it is OK .

A fellow Nova Scotian  Drone pilot
2017-8-9
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-8-9 06:16
He found it back in post #14

The post was for his information in case he gets hung up again. That is what the forum is for, helping others learn.
2017-8-10
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

Daryl, put the entire drone in box or large bag of rice do same with battery although i wouldn't trust the battery to charge inside i would also let drone sit for 2 days in rice bare minimum 1 day 24hrs hope it comes back to life for you!
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules