Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH altitude
431 6 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nucmanchh
Second Officer
United States

Can someone recomend a setting for RTH altitude? I've been thinking maybe that should be set on each flight taking terain into account. Love to hear other's thoughts on this
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i set mine to 80 meters, because i travel to and from my farm a lot and my farm has 250 feet or so of elevation change from top to bottom... 80 is a round number.. and i found out 50 meters wasn't enough for my farm..  down in the valley i can get away with 50 meters, 50 meters =160-ish feet that clears most things easily..
2017-8-7
Use props
Wx_Striker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24728 ft
United States

Depends on where you are......set it higher than the highest thing you need to clear to get home
2017-8-7
Use props
I am the E
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hungary

I use 75 meters. It would clear most obstacles unless you are in the metro city.
2017-8-7
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

"I've been thinking maybe that should be set on each flight taking terain into account."

That sounds like a swell idea.  I mean that seems to make a lot more sense than putting in some arbitrary value and watching your aircraft crash into something?

2017-8-7
Use props
PascalG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Well obviously you need to take terrain and obstacles into account. I usually fly from a boat that's 26' tall plus antennas so I usually set RTH to 50' so it clears the boat if it has to come back over.  If there are sailboats around I ll increase it to 75'
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Agree with the post 3 #, I set mine to 50 meters, I alway fly it in an open area, the tallest obstacle in there is about 30 meters height. I always change it to 120 meters or higher once I changed the flight environment.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules