I'm Selling my Spark, How to Factory Reset?
31783 11 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrendingOften
New
United States

Hello,
As the title suggests, unfortunately, I am parting ways with my Spark. What do I need to do in order to insure the buyer has the most authentic "out of the box" experience?
I would assume I would factory reset it, however I'm not seeing an option for this. I do know I'm the one who activated the spark so I don't want the buyer to have any issues.

Thanks in advance.
2017-8-7
Use props
TrendingOften
New
United States

After no replies, I've dug and found the below. Download the software in the link I've provided. DJI Assistant 2. Plug in your DJI device and on the fimrmware page, there will be an option to factory-reset the Spark.
2017-8-8
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Not Trending so often round here huh? lol
2017-8-8
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-8-8 07:29
Not Trending so often round here huh? lol

2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, you can connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to restore factory settings.
2017-8-9
Use props
fans5b2f68be
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336680 ft
Thailand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-9 01:34
Yes, you can connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to restore factory settings.

I did a Spark firmware update in Assistant.
After that, the DJI Go 4 Android app forces me to enter a China mainland phonenumber and want to send me a code which is impossible because I live in Thailand.
So I did a factory reset in Assistant but without any result, DJI Go 4 persists a Chinese phonenumber and I am stuck!
Any thoughts?
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans5b2f68be Posted at 2017-9-7 22:56
After that, the DJI Go 4 Android app forces me to enter a China mainland phonenumber and want to send me a code which is impossible because I live in Thailand.
So I did a factory reset in Assistant but without any result, DJI Go 4 persists a Chinese phonenumber and I am stuck!

Please try to link to a local network, put the AC to a place where has GPS signal, restart the AC and app. Then the message might disappear. See if it helps.
2017-9-8
Use props
vufindr954
lvl.1
United States

fans5b2f68be Posted at 2017-9-7 22:56

I got a Spark for Christmas. So far it is just a paper weight. It tells me there is a firware update yet has no option to downlaod it and at one point or another also asked me for my Chinese phone number !!!
2017-12-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've sold 4 DJI drones and never factory reset. Just format the micro SD card and charge the batteries to 50% - don't ship until you have the money.
2017-12-28
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

TrendingOften Posted at 2017-8-8 05:31
After no replies, I've dug and found the below. Download the software in the link I've provided. DJI Assistant 2. Plug in your DJI device and on the fimrmware page, there will be an option to factory-reset the Spark.

Thank you for the information I needed.

/Micke
2018-4-10
Use props
djiuser_DtYNLwWVf4sw
New

United Kingdom

I am selling my drone how to factory reset my password?
2020-8-2
Use props
CallMeAlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can't you manage to read the messages in this thread?  
Or was the suggested solution too difficult for you to follow?
2020-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules