Video cuts out ocasionally
3052 9 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2d227ca7
New
United States

When I connect my controller to my iPhone 6plus and then turn on the remote controller it take not connect to the drone usually the first time and I have to turn the controller on and off again before I get video from the camera to show up on the iPhone.  When I first connect it says a warning, something like "This Device May not be Supported".  Also, during flight the video stops working and I lose the camera view.

Any help would be appreciated.
Steve
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Which aircraft are you referring to? Is your phone in the airplane mode when you are flying the drone? What is the version of the APP?
2017-8-8
Use props
psych_professor
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-8 01:49
Which aircraft are you referring to? Is your phone in the airplane mode when you are flying the drone? What is the version of the APP?

The Phantom 4 pro.  The phone is not in the airplane mode.  The version of the APP is: 4.1.5
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

psych_professor Posted at 2017-8-9 06:55
The Phantom 4 pro.  The phone is not in the airplane mode.  The version of the APP is: 4.1.5

Try to run the APP when your phone is in the Airplane mode, see if it is better.
2017-8-11
Use props
psych_professor
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-11 01:19
Try to run the APP when your phone is in the Airplane mode, see if it is better.

Hey Diana,
Still the video cuts out in mid flight or takes 4 or 5 times to get drone to link to remote with video.
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

psych_professor Posted at 2017-8-13 18:26
Hey Diana,
Still the video cuts out in mid flight or takes 4 or 5 times to get drone to link to remote with video.

Which iPhone are you using, iPhone 6 or iPhone 7? Have you tried other mobile devices? If yes, how is it going? Besides, what SD card are you using? I would recommend you use the original SD card of the drone for a test.
2017-8-13
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

It's possibly due to the issues with the last firmware update. Both my P4P+ and P4P (with iphone 7+) are having lots of problems  with video transmission since the last firmware:

2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-13 23:28
It's possibly due to the issues with the last firmware update. Both my P4P+ and P4P (with iphone 7+) are having lots of problems  with video transmission since the last firmware:

https://youtu.be/cidchrH-T4g

Could you please try the steps below?
1. Reinstall the APP, then run it when your phone is in the airplane mode;
2. Try to fly the drone in different open areas, see if it is the same;
3. Try to adjust the HD settings.
2017-8-14
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 00:56
Could you please try the steps below?
1. Reinstall the APP, then run it when your phone is in the airplane mode;
2. Try to fly the drone in different open areas, see if it is the same;

Thanks, DJI Diana.

This happens when I fly long range (3+ kilometres), have poor or lose connection, and then the Phantom apparently struggles to reconnect.

I've tried all the solutions above. It happens on both my P4P's (plus and normal) and it only started happening after the last firmware update.

No issues with my Mavic (with the same phone).
2017-8-14
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-14 01:50
Thanks, DJI Diana.

This happens when I fly long range (3+ kilometres), have poor or lose connection, and then the Phantom apparently struggles to reconnect.

FYI: The latest update of the Litchi app is really good.  It has many of the automation features that DJIGO4 contains, it is very similar in the user interface to DJIGO4, and there are no video transmission or connection problems.  No overheating of the mobile device either.  Very good alternative for those of us who are having issues with DJIGO4.  Well worth the $23 purchase for me.  I am up and running and flying with confidence.
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules