[A] Spark Usage Advice. Active Track and Night shots
3258 10 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Unknown User
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63615 ft
Hong Kong

Looking to see what kind of advice people can give on using my Spark.
1) Recently I've been trying to learn to use the Active Track feature, but I've had difficulty locking onto the subject. I've tried clicking on, and I've tried dragging the box over.

2) Also I found when I'm recording a video with the drone decending vertically from above just straight down, there is 'stutter' or vibration/shake in the video. I'll see if I can upload some sample images. This doesn't seem to show up when I'm recording with a vertical ascent.

3) Any advice on taking nice night time shots? How are people getting these clear panoramics? Mine are showing up quite blurry (using auto mode on the camera). Sample from last night.

2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

About the Active Tracking, please try to fly it lower during tracking. Please tell us if the drone still lost the subject if the problem persists.
For the second question, please provide us with a video if it is convenience.
You can try to adjust ISO value and shutter while night shooting. We recommend auto focusing first. But you can also make a full use of the manual focusing.
Sometimes post production is also important.
2017-8-9
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your active track didn't fail, Spark likes to look at the ladies
2017-8-9
Use props
Smokey22
Second Officer
Flight distance : 567434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-9 01:48
About the Active Tracking, please try to fly it lower during tracking. Please tell us if the drone still lost the subject if the problem persists.
You can try to adjust ISO value and shutter while night shooting. We recommend auto focusing first. But you can also make a full use of the manual focusing.

How can we activate manual focusing or even trigger auto focus on the spark?
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Smokey22 Posted at 2017-8-9 02:56
How can we activate manual focusing or even trigger auto focus on the spark?

When you connect the drone and launch the app, go to camera settings (the icon under photo button on the app),  then you will see "Auto" and "M" switching.  
2017-8-9
Use props
Unknown User
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-9 01:48

1) I will have to run more tests for the Active Track. Thanks for the advice.

2) I posted a video as an example of the shaking problem while descending. This has happened a few times, but it doesn't happen all the time. It happens enough that I notice it and it ONLY seems to happen for me while recording going down. The reverse recording ascending vertically doesn't have the same shaking issue.

Here's the sample:

3) Thanks again. I'll have to see if I can manual focus then. I guess I just need to play with the settings more.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Unknown User Posted at 2017-8-10 01:22

2) I posted a video as an example of the shaking problem while descending. This has happened a few times, but it doesn't happen all the time. It happens enough that I notice it and it ONLY seems to happen for me while recording going down. The reverse recording ascending vertically doesn't have the same shaking issue.

The shaking exists when it is windy along with an insufficient light condition. It can not eliminate when the drone experiences a long time of exposure (especially in the cloudy sky, at night or indoor). You can try to change the camera to M mode, decrease the shutter speed (<1/400s) and increase the ISO value.
2017-8-10
Use props
Wagner5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65328 ft
Brazil

Unknown User Posted at 2017-8-10 01:22

I have the exacly same problem!
2018-1-30
Use props
Wagner5
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-10 21:19
The shaking exists when it is windy along with an insufficient light condition. It can not eliminate when the drone experiences a long time of exposure (especially in the cloudy sky, at night or indoor). You can try to change the camera to M mode, decrease the shutter speed (

The problem is not the wind or low light. it looks like a gimbal problem or a bug. I have a video in low wind condition and in daylight with the same problem. In my video the spark was flying in sport mode so i don't know if this has some relation with the problem. I will do more tests to see if it happens in normal mode as well.
https://streamable.com/dw83m

2018-1-30
Use props
Unknown User
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Wagner5 Posted at 2018-1-30 17:56
The problem is not the wind or low light. it looks like a gimbal problem or a bug. I have a video in low wind condition and in daylight with the same problem. In my video the spark was flying in sport mode so i don't know if this has some relation with the problem. I will do more tests to see if it happens in normal mode as well.
https://streamable.com/dw83m

Sorry to dig up such an old thread... but, it doesn't seem like this is due to low light modes. I wonder if this issue comes up more than we speak out about.
2018-3-24
Use props
Wrocha76
lvl.2
Brazil

Unknown User Posted at 3-24 09:30
Sorry to dig up such an old thread... but, it doesn't seem like this is due to low light modes. I wonder if this issue comes up more than we speak out about.

I figure out that the problem only happens when flying in sport mode.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules