Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi now supported Spark
3719 12 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys,
Saw that Litchi now supported Spark, but no Waypoint and Orbit (What a pity).
Also, OTG not yet supported, so you have to connect via Wifi between the phone and Remote control. Just wonder anyone tried it yet? How is the signal, any connection lose? Will it let you choose between 2.4Ghz - 5.8 Ghz, and stay with that frequency?

2017-8-8
Use props
crypiehef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47707 ft
United States

I am on the beta. OTG is supported. Just not Waypoint or Orbit yet.  I haven't checked on the frequency selection yet but will try it when I get home from work this afternoon.
2017-8-8
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

crypiehef Posted at 2017-8-8 06:09
I am on the beta. OTG is supported. Just not Waypoint or Orbit yet.  I haven't checked on the frequency selection yet but will try it when I get home from work this afternoon.

which version is that in beta ? ios/android?

i ask because on the googlestore it says for Version 4.1.1
"- added support for Spark: all flight modes are supported except waypoint/orbit at this time (if you are using Spark with the remote controller, you must connect using Wi-Fi between the RC and the mobile device, connecting via USB OTG is not currently supported)
- added Tripod function in FPV mode (supported drones only: Spark/Mavic Pro/Phantom 4 Adv-Pro/Inspire 2)
- added a stop button in all flight modes that can be used to stop the current flight

"
i am really interested in Litchi, because the djigo app isnt that good on my honor6x.
after the latest spark update i cant even change to 2.4 with USBOTG anymore, well i can but with constant "signal loss"
cant change to 2.4 without USBOTG either because CE and my phone doesnt have 5G... if that matters.thought the RC just acts as an "amplifier", but now i read multiple times that if RC-AC is 5GHz then RC-Phone is 2.4GHz and the other way around.
that would explain why i cant see the wifi when switching to 2.4 on the AC-RC.

how does it work ? i thought i read every spark manual, but didnt see anything about that. sure would´ve been nice to know before buying the spark / phone

hope USBOTG is supported soon everywhere. this is getting ridiculous

2017-8-8
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Works better than DJIGo as far as connectivity goes....
2017-8-8
Use props
crypiehef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47707 ft
United States

kasei Posted at 2017-8-8 06:28
which version is that in beta ? ios/android?

i ask because on the googlestore it says for Version 4.1.1

I'm on iOS. 1.18.0 version of the app.
2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the channel selection on litchi on iOS is broken, but no bother, just do a remote/AC relinking if you're having interference issues, it seems to fix my issues using either litchi or dji-go 4 if im not wanting to fuss around with signals.   

OTG works, but its about as intuitive to establish as DJI-Go 4.. so if you had easy time on DJI go 4 then litchi wont give you any issues.  if you had a struggle establishing OTG then litchi is not here to fix it yet..

certain camera features do work, like sharpness, contrast for example.  

2017-8-8
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

For me at least, the only feature that attracts my attention on Litchi is the capability to set "waypoints", what doesn't work for SPARK. (so far)
2017-8-8
Use props
Adriano Araujo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

LOKY Posted at 2017-8-8 10:08
For me at least, the only feature that attracts my attention on Litchi is the capability to set "waypoints", what doesn't work for SPARK. (so far)

Me too. Looking forward to sse this implemented.
2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

i tried litchi on my first battery today, it worked great until i had like 2 minutes of battery left and it tried to RTH and cancel commands timed out.. and home was 500 feet away because i flew her out to the field from where i unpacked and forgot homepoint isn't dynamic..  so ya, few kids that way too.. luckily the pause button worked!  i dont know why but my RTH alt was also really low..  like 20 feet not 20 meters... it keeps reseting for me, maybe OTG issue like with dji go app, certain configurations love to reset every new session..

long story short, there is a lot of solid potential, but both Dji and Litchi need to sure things up better.    DJi is probably to blame for why go app and litchi are unpolished since it seems dji cannot decide if they want to make the spark everything it really can be or not..  
2017-8-8
Use props
Rawsome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

crypiehef Posted at 2017-8-8 06:09

How does one apply for beta testing?
2017-8-8
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

Tried 3 batteries on latest Litchi. Spark RC w/iPad Mini 3. In Focus mode, the camera often was not pointing towards the mobile device. Not very reliable.

Another issue is that switching/toggling from video to photo did not work much of the time. Took many attempts to get it to switch.

Also had several app crashes mid-flight.

Have used AP and Litchi for my Inspire and Osmo, so would really like to see this work for Spark, even in a somewhat limited mode. So far, too buggy for a photo shoot.
2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nwhit Posted at 2017-8-8 14:32
Tried 3 batteries on latest Litchi. Spark RC w/iPad Mini 3. In Focus mode, the camera often was not pointing towards the mobile device. Not very reliable.

Another issue is that switching/toggling from video to photo did not work much of the time. Took many attempts to get it to switch.

i dont want limited mode, hardware wise spark is fully capable of most things.  hell even the sensor and camera is same as mavic pro's..well obviously not the gimbal but ya know...sensor and image proccessor....  its software/firmware where dji cut corners to save money mostly.
2017-8-8
Use props
djiuser_66UjxfI4JrER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10220 ft
United States

No support for spark using otg cable. I am a new spark owner and the drone crashed twice out of 5 flights without the otg cable. I will not fly it without the otg cable ever again the wifi blows. Come on litchi with the spark otg cable support. Even drone vr+ app at 8.99 on google play has otg cable support plus a free demo use to see if you even like their app before buying it. Very disappointed as I paid 25 for your app and cant even use it
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules