Amazed with the Spark footage quality!
2884 19 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
polguixe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165030 ft
Spain

I have been using the Spark for a month and it is my first drone. And despite de connectivity issues I am really happy with it. I am not a professional video editor by any means. I have been showing the footage from the Spark so some friends who are professional fotografers and they couldn't believe I was obtaining the footage from such a small drone.

I leve here below my entry to the Skypixel contest. More than 90% is shoot with the Sparky.

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/e8b791e2-297b-41f1-9c21-7f55873af9fa
2017-8-8
Use props
polguixe
lvl.2
Spain

Any feedback is more than welcome ;)
2017-8-8
Use props
Adomolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219219 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Some very nice shots. As for the Spark video quality... well, its nice sure but I feel it could be tiny bit better when it comes to sharpness/details. its got a nice image sensor for a small drone so i feel like its not using its full potential   I really like the colors though (its not oversaturated as Mavic and leaves some space for color editing) and dynamic range looks good too.
2017-8-8
Use props
polguixe
lvl.2
Spain

Adomolis Posted at 2017-8-8 03:26
Some very nice shots. As for the Spark video quality... well, its nice sure but I feel it could be tiny bit better when it comes to sharpness/details. its got a nice image sensor for a small drone so i feel like its not using its full potential   I really like the colors though (its not oversaturated as Mavic and leaves some space for color editing) and dynamic range looks good too.

Do you think it can be moved to 4K in a future firmware update or the processing power of the Spark will be limited?
2017-8-8
Use props
Aerial Ant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1249715 ft
United States

That is a very nice video and wouldn't believe the aerials were shot with a spark if I didn't have one myself.
2017-8-8
Use props
Adomolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219219 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

polguixe Posted at 2017-8-8 06:30
Do you think it can be moved to 4K in a future firmware update or the processing power of the Spark will be limited?

Thats hard to say really. If 4K is not possible I wish to see at least QHD (2560x1440) which would be a great improvement too.
2017-8-8
Use props
Sparky Mike
lvl.2
United States

Great video - really beautiful! Where are you to get such great shots of waterfalls and rivers?
2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

like i keep saying, Dji over engineered hardware, under engineered software.

ya the spark has a lot i mean a lot of potential basically same camera from the mavic pro.  but dji cost cutted on software engineering... so hardware is capable of so much more.  
2017-8-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic video.  This was done very well.
2017-8-8
Use props
pp1717
New

Singapore

i've tried to shoot on spark as well, quality is "reasonable" considering it's small size, i think for important stuff, still need a better camera
2017-8-8
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

Very Nice footage!!
2017-8-8
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Really nice video. Good luck with the entry.
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Great scenery! Thanks for the sharing, looking forward to your more works.
2017-8-9
Use props
polguixe
lvl.2
Spain

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-8 10:45
like i keep saying, Dji over engineered hardware, under engineered software.

ya the spark has a lot i mean a lot of potential basically same camera from the mavic pro.  but dji cost cutted on software engineering... so hardware is capable of so much more.

I agree. I hope the SW can catch up.
2017-8-9
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

Remember, when the Phantom 3 Advanced and Standard first were released? They had a max video recording resolution of HD 1080. Later in new firmware they opened up for 2,7K. So there's still hope for little Sparky!
2017-8-9
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

How did you shoot the turtle with the Spark? ;-)

Very nicely done, shows some of the real potential of the Spark, when the bugs dont act up.
2017-8-9
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I love your video and the message it conveys.  Glad I'm not competing against you.
2017-8-9
Use props
Retroglide08
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13015 ft
United Kingdom

polguixe Posted at 2017-8-8 06:30

I don’t think it will as the large image sensor is used as part of the gimbal/stability operation. I think it uses the extra surface area of the 4K sensor to compensate for the yaw movement.
2017-8-9
Use props
polguixe
lvl.2
Spain

OneMatt Posted at 2017-8-9 15:18
How did you shoot the turtle with the Spark? ;-)

Very nicely done, shows some of the real potential of the Spark, when the bugs dont act up.

Lol, for the turtle I used the Spark underwater case... coming soon... just kidding.
2017-8-11
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

It is impressive!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules