Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Current RTH route will pass a No-Fly zone
4333 10 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spookymike
First Officer
Germany

Yesterday while i tried to film some small waterfalls and little rivers in a forest i have seen that i was most of the time in bad GPS with Sensor assisted flight.
It was working well that way and had no spezific problems, but 2 times the Message appeared on the DJI Go 4 App "  Current RTH route will pass a No-Fly zone"
that made me very tense, but all in all nothing happened!
But a message saying i´m near a No-Fly zone, what i am sure there isn´t scares a bit after reading several post on the forum about flayaways.
What do you think, should the Spark stay grounded until there is a fix by DJI?

The main intention on bying a Spark was to capture cool footage of places i won´t fly with a bigger drone. Those places are mostly hidden in small forest canyons
or are bad to recover a falling drone!

When the canyon goes deep, there sure is no Sensor assisted flight, and when you loose your GPS, things could go bad

2017-8-8
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

i had the same problem only it then went into atti mode and tried to fly away as you can see in my post!

http://forum.dji.com/thread-107937-1-1.html
2017-8-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It is something dji should explain it really does nothing and I'm thinking it's a problem with software programming, I get this regularly and I'm not within 15 miles of any NFZ zone, so maybe we can get an engineer on here to explain why this is happening, I know it has no effect on my spark, but we don't need this popping up if there is no need for it.
2017-8-8
Use props
Rawsome
First Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Did you have a look at the flight log and see if you had any yaw or compass errors before the NFZ error?
I agree that this is some sort of bug in the software as it happens a lot. This should be addressed by the engineers.
2017-8-8
Use props
Spookymike
First Officer
Germany

Rawsome Posted at 2017-8-8 04:16
Did you have a look at the flight log and see if you had any yaw or compass errors before the NFZ error?
I agree that this is some sort of bug in the software as it happens a lot. This should be addressed by the engineers.

I reviewed the flighlogs of yesterdays flight with Airdata UAV, but there is no hint on a yaw or compass error. All flights since the first do not show any compass problem.

2017-8-8
Use props
Stjinkyfeet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

I’m getting this on a daily basis with my spark. I don’t life anywhere near an NFZ. It happens during flight and after flight when motors are stopped. I’m on 300 upgrades to 500 and same issue.

2017-8-8
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Stjinkyfeet Posted at 2017-8-8 07:53
I’m getting this on a daily basis with my spark. I don’t life anywhere near an NFZ. It happens during flight and after flight when motors are stopped. I’m on 300 upgrades to 500 and same issue.

be careful to watch the warnings because mine went into atti mode when that happened to me. it tried to fly away but i managed to control it.
2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i take issue with these NFZ things.. like i get why...  but seriously.. my iPad wasn't even connected or cached any maps or geo stuff up at my farm and it was freaking out with air space warnings, specially when got to low battery on my spark....  tons of my RTH will pass a NFZ and im in a class D area (unpaved) airports, and that's not even true!    seemed the lower my battery level the more airspace warnings i got.   full charge usually no warnings.. 2% critical battery and refusing to land it,  and i was in basically every sort of violation known to the FAA.  
2017-8-8
Use props
Spookymike
First Officer
Germany

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-8 08:42
i take issue with these NFZ things.. like i get why...  but seriously.. my iPad wasn't even connected or cached any maps or geo stuff up at my farm and it was freaking out with air space warnings, specially when got to low battery on my spark....  tons of my RTH will pass a NFZ and im in a class D area (unpaved) airports, and that's not even true!    seemed the lower my battery level the more airspace warnings i got.   full charge usually no warnings.. 2% critical battery and refusing to land it,  and i was in basically every sort of violation known to the FAA.

After reading a lot of reports on Fly-Aways and compass errors i came to the conclusion, that this message is indicating some different error, but it´s programmed wrong and shows this message instead of the real error.
This problems also seem to appear on some mavics. Would be nice to compare the logfiles from the DJI Go4 App side by side to the logs written on the internal memory aka Blackbox on the drone itself.
Maybe there is a bug in the Go4 App, maybe on the drone!
2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spookymike Posted at 2017-8-8 09:29
After reading a lot of reports on Fly-Aways and compass errors i came to the conclusion, that this message is indicating some different error, but it´s programmed wrong and shows this message instead of the real error.
This problems also seem to appear on some mavics. Would be nice to compare the logfiles from the DJI Go4 App side by side to the logs written on the internal memory aka Blackbox on the drone itself.
Maybe there is a bug in the Go4 App, maybe on the drone!

probably a combo of everything yea.

see my NFZ warnings only appears under 2 conditions literally...  one is terrible signal issues fridges of my range... and other is low battery, today i was out flying canceled RTH, right away that popped up, "RTH route will pass a NFZ, fly with caution"   it also showing high wind advisories, on ground the air was calm, i'm not sure how blowy it was up there but she appeared to be stable  tracking straight.  

i just had the scariest flight with my new spark, i got her out about a mile this time to get sweeping passes over the creek maybe little under a mile.., turned around after a minute of ignoring RTH message.. flying her normal speeds chasing some birds, then looked back i'm having to cancel auto landing cuz i'm at critical battery like critical!  flipped her to sport mode and thrusted her back to me, i had 4% remaining when i landed...  omg  and yes a point where you cannot cancel auto landing, so i was fighting that for last i dont know 1000 some feet having to push her higher up and forward, i was probably only 5 feet over some power lines coming back because it was agressively pulling me back down..
2017-8-8
Use props
Rawsome
First Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

holy crap!
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now