POLL - Strong wireless Interference/Connectivity Issues ??
12Next >
3666 73 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

Who here is having constant stong wireless interference warnings, poor range, aircraft disconnection problems since the last Firmware update??
Let's get this sorted once and for all!
Single SelectVote, Total 42 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

50.00% (21)
21.43% (9)
28.57% (12)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-8-8
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope all the Inspire 2 user vote
Voted !   I have always received the "strong interference" notification since software upgrade.   NEVER prior to this recent upgrade.
2017-8-8
Use props
Prado
lvl.1
Costa Rica

How do I vote?
2017-8-8
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

It's not displaying on mobile unfortunately.
2017-8-8
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

C'mon folks,, cast your votes!! I note that I cant see the poll information on my andorid mobile device, so you may have to log on via computer to cast..
2017-8-8
Use props
AmateurTom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2333 ft
United States

Voted !   I have always received the "strong interference" notification since software upgrade.   NEVER prior to this recent upgrade.
2017-8-8
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

Wow, that's 13 out of 17 so far with either regular or intermittent issues. So I'm guessing this makes this issue not "unusual" then eh?
2017-8-9
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here's my vote... yo DJI I was going to buy a Ronin for my car mount, guess what I didn't buy yesterday.
2017-8-9
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Well we don't know what's at fault.

I'm half convinced a local neighbor might have some type of wifi/GPS signal jammer they leave on 24/7. But then maybe there was an issue with the firmware update.  No idea.

A good investigation by DJI would be great, though.
2017-8-9
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew today to test the new software, Yes I got the strong interference as noted. After all seamed ok, I checked range again and lost main video signal but my FPV camera was working fine. I immediately stopped turned 180 and got a complete loss of signal and then got a RTH. I was maybe 350m away and 100m up. This was not the case before upgrading. To top things off, now my props all are wiggling as well. I might have <10 flights on this one.
Between this latest bug or intentional crippling software release, and the DJI Go 4 app self-starting, and sending out stuff from my device to 100's of IP's at all hours of the day and night, I’m not spending another darn dime on DJI products until things get fixed. I can’t believe I get more range now from my JR and Spectrum radios, this is not sitting well with me.

2017-8-9
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-9 13:42
Well we don't know what's at fault.

I'm half convinced a local neighbor might have some type of wifi/GPS signal jammer they leave on 24/7. But then maybe there was an issue with the firmware update.  No idea.

Specifically addressing the idea of new local sources of interference, here's my post from another thread.  I added a wildly speculative theory at the end.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=302666
2017-8-9
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

There's zero interference where I've been flying. There's not even a mast in sight nor a trace of any signals. This is Rural Australia here, there's barely a Kangaroo for company.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your feedback, this issue has been reported to our R&D engineers for analysis, we will keep you guys uposted once there is any update. Appreciate your patience.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-10 03:16
Thanks for your feedback, this issue has been reported to our R&D engineers for analysis, we will keep you guys uposted once there is any update. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you Mindy, the response is appreciated. Not trying to drum up trouble here, just keen to get these issues ironed out.
2017-8-10
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansc776fa97 Posted at 2017-8-10 04:00
Thank you Mindy, the response is appreciated. Not trying to drum up trouble here, just keen to get these issues ironed out.

DJI Mindy,

Thank you very much in reporting Firmware issue to R & D , Hopefully it can be resolved in minimum time frame as I am grounded and will not take the risk of crashing my Inspire 2.

I wish to post one question ,  As to why we are not able to roll back the firmware upgrades as promised?
Also wish to thank my fellow forums users who also took the time to write on this forum, As we all have time and money invested in our DJI products.

2017-8-10
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

fansc776fa97 Posted at 2017-8-9 20:51
There's zero interference where I've been flying. There's not even a mast in sight nor a trace of any signals. This is Rural Australia here, there's barely a Kangaroo for company.

Right, but the roos that are there ... They haven't yet started using wifi-enabled devices?
2017-8-10
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

fansc776fa97 Posted at 2017-8-10 04:00

Mindy is awesome, as always.
2017-8-10
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Awesome would be offering a fix to the issue DJI created not telling us the crack team of engineers at DJI are working on it...
Seriously just roll back the app / firmware to what worked....
Kissing up to DJI doesn't fix the issue they created...

Ya know what was awesome, it was my Inspire 2 X5s setup before I did the update.
2017-8-10
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-8-10 13:39
Awesome would be offering a fix to the issue DJI created not telling us the crack team of engineers at DJI are working on it...
Seriously just roll back the app / firmware to what worked....
Kissing up to DJI doesn't fix the issue they created...

Too My Fellow Inspire 2 users ,

As I just Drove two hours each way  to a DJI Dealer attempted  to try to help me roll back my firmware , As the Dealers and Service support Team have a Administrators Version of the Assistance 2 software !!

Dealer was  Unable to help me,  As I am out the country most of the month for work and spent over 10k or more on this Drone , I would really like to use it ...  Maybe I have 5 or 6 flights since I purchased this Drone.

Dealers have received Emails concerning this Bad Firmware in attempt to reduce the distance of the Inspire 2, So this firmware was planned by DJI  !!!  So my Blood is Boiling at this point.

DJI Customer Care Only tells you to send the Drone in for Service, Last time I had it took a 100's of Emails and phone calls and days to get my ProRes and Chinaware Licenses back working.

DJI when are you going to fix our firmware and stop playing games ?
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-10 05:39
DJI Mindy,

Thank you very much in reporting Firmware issue to R & D , Hopefully it can be resolved in minimum time frame as I am grounded and will not take the risk of crashing my Inspire 2.

I will transfer your request to our engineers.
2017-8-11
Use props
blueice007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432264 ft

China

Hi,dude,How do I vote?
2017-8-11
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-10 05:39
DJI Mindy,

Ohh yea, I do recall seeing that if we did not want a recent firmware that we could always downgrade. Has this policy changed?
2017-8-11
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-11 08:43
Ohh yea, I do recall seeing that if we did not want a recent firmware that we could always downgrade. Has this policy changed?

DJI Mindy and other DJI Team Support,

With all due respect, when can we expect a Firmware upgrade or a Firmware rollback ?

As I don t want to fly with any warnings on my Dji Monitor.
2017-8-11
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

My first Inspire 2 developed this problem over the month I had it. Started out fine then progressively got worse. I returned it and got a new one that hasn't had any interference issues.
2017-8-11
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-10 13:54
Too My Fellow Inspire 2 users ,

As I just Drove two hours each way  to a DJI Dealer attempted  to try to help me roll back my firmware , As the Dealers and Service support Team have a Administrators Version of the Assistance 2 software !!

This was planned? Is this true? My max range in the middle of No man's land is now only .5k in 2.4 and .39k in 5.8. No longer even close to what the documentation says.

The latest update to DJI Lightbridge technology has an effective transmission distance of up to 4.3mi (7km)
2017-8-11
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

You just click on the one of the options to vote. For some reason it only shows up through a regular web browser. When you look at it through the mobile site the poll is  invisible for some reason.
2017-8-12
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-11 08:43

I'm pretty sure they removed the roll back option.
2017-8-12
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

I had initially voted for intermittent issues. However, it is actually consistent ... so visualize the intermittent count as one less, and the constant issues as one more. :-)
2017-8-12
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-8-9 18:44
I flew today to test the new software, Yes I got the strong interference as noted. After all seamed ok, I checked range again and lost main video signal but my FPV camera was working fine. I immediately stopped turned 180 and got a complete loss of signal and then got a RTH. I was maybe 350m away and 100m up. This was not the case before upgrading. To top things off, now my props all are wiggling as well. I might have

What are you referring to about sending stuff out to 100's of IPs? Is this true?

We could easily put a packet capture up to find out what DJI is sending and to where that information is going.

I don't appreciate having to send information to DJI simply to use the hardware that I have purchased, but if there is no malicious intent, it doesn't bother me. It would be very disheartening to know that the data was being sent out to more than one location, or more than one single time.
2017-8-12
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-12 14:41
What are you referring to about sending stuff out to 100's of IPs? Is this true?

We could easily put a packet capture up to find out what DJI is sending and to where that information is going.

Found it in on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_5I5xDiFVcxlnG7uSLuFA Youtube page. Ye, I think he's over paranoid but the IP part is true. I use that firewall app and see it too.
2017-8-13
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys, you are all getting it wrong. I am sorry that I have to teach you how to use the Inspire 2 properly!

Considering the range now being the shortest of any DJI drone to date despite being one of their premium products in addition to the countless issues like miss-aligned arms, rattling props etc etc, it is evidently clear that the Inspire 2 was never meant to fly, it is a ground based camera that looks like a drone. Now that makes a lot more sense now doesn't it?!

Believe it people, get your plywood out and nail that Inspire 2 to it. No more rattling props or other issues. It will do so well!
2017-8-14
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-10 10:24
Right, but the roos that are there ... They haven't yet started using wifi-enabled devices?

Ha Ha, now that you mention it... I did see Skippy holding what appeared to me a new Galaxy S8
2017-8-14
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansc776fa97 Posted at 2017-8-14 07:39
Ha Ha, now that you mention it... I did see Skippy holding what appeared to me a new Galaxy S8

DJI ,

When will you address this problem with the Firmware ?
2017-8-17
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-11 02:05
I will transfer your request to our engineers.

Mindy, is there any chance that the engineers will have a firmware rollback option soon? (Like ASAP?) Or have there been any discussion of plans to offer this? This new firmware is causing serious issues for us, to have such a beautifully designed and well functioning piece of technology (at purchase) only to have it turn into something less capable than the consumer-grade toys.

We are scheduled to do our first on-site flight at a manufacturing plant next Tuesday (documentation for work we have done, plus surveying for more work), and it is really going to be painful dealing with the client if I still can't trust the technology. An unstable aircraft could cause significant harm and damage, and it is simply inappropriate to even think about going through with the flight in its current state.

I don't know what to do.
2017-8-17
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-17 05:59
Mindy, is there any chance that the engineers will have a firmware rollback option soon? (Like ASAP?) Or have there been any discussion of plans to offer this? This new firmware is causing serious issues for us, to have such a beautifully designed and well functioning piece of technology (at purchase) only to have it turn into something less capable than the consumer-grade toys.

We are scheduled to do our first on-site flight at a manufacturing plant next Tuesday (documentation for work we have done, plus surveying for more work), and it is really going to be painful dealing with the client if I still can't trust the technology. An unstable aircraft could cause significant harm and damage, and it is simply inappropriate to even think about going through with the flight in its current state.

Well Said , Thank you  paraviz
2017-8-17
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

@djimindy Do we have any update on this? Surely you must have some idea of when you will release a new firmware ? There are multiple threads on the forum relating to the exact same issues and we have not had any assistance. This is supposed to be your flagship drone and at the moment it is your most unreliable. I have a Mavic Pro and have had zero issues with it.
2017-8-21
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI,
I will contact a lawfirm toward the end of the week against my better judgement But Enough of the DJI Apoligees and Sorries,  I know DJI ilegal team wont be worried of the little guy .. Hopfully when posted on every television channel across America and then this issue may get addressed sooner or resovled .
DJI willifully reduced is range of both Inspire 1 and Inspire 2 by limiting output wattage through Firmware, As also note by a Donnie Frank is a must watch video
Local Support DJI Dealer also confirmed this to myself.

DJI PLEASE READ and watch this youtube video

2017-8-21
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-21 14:10
DJI,
I will contact a lawfirm toward the end of the week against my better judgement But Enough of the DJI Apoligees and Sorries,  I know DJI ilegal team wont be worried of the little guy .. Hopfully when posted on every television channel across America and then this issue may get addressed sooner or resovled .
DJI willifully reduced is range of both Inspire 1 and Inspire 2 by limiting output wattage through Firmware, As also note by a Donnie Frank is a must watch video

Interesting video, I would like to able to go back since I have the same issues with my I2.
2017-8-21
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is the way DJI trends to reduce drones from flying into unauthorized airspace .. but they target the flagship series of drones instead of the marvics or sparks which  are more likely flying around with less skilled operators , Please roll back the firmware for the flagship drones  and let us enjoy our investments again .
As a Boeing 747-400 Airline Pilot , I promise wont fly my Inspire 2 drone or be careless into class B,C,D airspace trying to take down a passenger jet.
Let's get some updates
2017-8-22
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-22 08:56
This is the way DJI trends to reduce drones from flying into unauthorized airspace .. but they target the flagship series of drones instead of the marvics or sparks which  are more likely flying around with less skilled operators , Please roll back the firmware for the flagship drones  and let us enjoy our investments again .
As a Boeing 747-400 Airline Pilot , I promise wont fly my Inspire 2 drone or be careless into class B,C,D airspace trying to take down a passenger jet.
Let's get some updates

Love it. I fly RC with pilots for Delta and Jetblue and they say drones and radio conrol fix wing airplanes are just one of the 1000's things they need to worry about in a days work. The chances of a strike are a 100 million times less than a bird.  They are also amazed that many other pilots who don't understand the hobby get there crazy drone facts from the over reacting news. The pilots lounge has had a few good conversations with pilots who have no idea what they are and how most are used as tool and education etc.
2017-8-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules