Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI, please finish the Waypoints interface!
1005 15 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BumblerBee
First Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

This is a call to DJI to complete their "Waypoint navigation" intelligent mode, which currently feels quite half-finished.

Things that need to be done:
1. Add a way to access waypoin dialogue in off-line mode (aircraft not connected and not in the air) for review, as outlined in the next points
2. Add a possibility to change the name of a stored mission
3. Add a possibility to delete a waypoint mission
4. Show the waypoint mission route on the map - geopositioning coordinates are not enough
5. Allow users to modify aircraft yaw and camera pitch at each of the stored points.
6. Extend the maximum distance from take-off point from the current 500m to 1500m (or more - within radio reception range)

What I am NOT asking for: it should still be only possible to record waypoints in flight. Individual waypont coordinates and altitude should not be possible to change. It should not be possible to delete waypoints in the middle of the recorded route.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans987d278a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

You have listed all the additions that are in Litchi, which is when I want to fly a waypoint mission, All I use is the Litchi app
2017-8-8
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

If DJI is smart they buy LITCHI OUT and everyone will be happy... It is not like they don't have ANY MONEY???
2017-8-8
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-8-8 08:01
You have listed all the additions that are in Litchi, which is when I want to fly a waypoint mission, All I use is the Litchi app

I know. With two exceptions: 1. I do not want to pay extra for features that should be in the official release. 2. I do not want to void my warranty (and possibly losing my aircraft) by flying with a third-party software.

Besides, I am quite content with having to fly a mission first to record waypoints.

DJI should just put some finishing touches on something that they started on. The current implementation looks more like a proof of concept.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans987d278a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-8 23:29
I know. With two exceptions: 1. I do not want to pay extra for features that should be in the official release. 2. I do not want to void my warranty (and possibly losing my aircraft) by flying with a third-party software.

Besides, I am quite content with having to fly a mission first to record waypoints.

Using Litchi doesn't necessarily void your warranty, unless of course, its shown  that your crash or mishap was caused directly by the Litchi app, any other issues with your bird, are covered by warranty.
Ask me how I know!
2017-8-9
Use props
Tombolian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Spend the money on litchi.  It's worth it for the Gimble control alone (in waypoint missions).  Go ahead, try to let Go4's waypoint mission try to control your Gimble between waypoints...
2017-8-9
Use props
fans6bba62c9
New
Flight distance : 6506 ft
United Kingdom

His guys...  does the mavic only store the last 3 way point missions. I have searched high and low for the answer but no answers found.  
My suspicion is yes.... Any experience with this please?
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can delete a whole waypoint mission by long pressing this mission (for Android device) or swiping left (for iOS device). For other functions, DJI GO 4 doesn't support yet. I'll transfer the requirement to our engineers, hope we can optimize the function of intelligent flight. Thanks for your advice.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans6bba62c9 Posted at 2017-8-9 13:54
His guys...  does the mavic only store the last 3 way point missions. I have searched high and low for the answer but no answers found.  
My suspicion is yes.... Any experience with this please?

It would automatically store the last 3 waypoint missions. But you can save the mission manually first by clicking the start icon on the top right.
2017-8-9
Use props
fans6bba62c9
New
Flight distance : 6506 ft
United Kingdom

Ah great thanks.... So once saved, can more than 3 be stored?
2017-8-9
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

DJI Thor, thanks for the reply and for forwarding the info to devs!
2017-8-10
Use props
AndrewF403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 543110 ft
Ukraine

Out curiosity, why this: "it should still be only possible to record waypoints in flight"?

On the topic: if you have an iPad, you can try official DJI Ground Station Pro app
2017-8-10
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

AndrewF403 Posted at 2017-8-10 03:57
Out curiosity, why this: "it should still be only possible to record waypoints in flight"?

On the topic: if you have an iPad, you can try official DJI Ground Station Pro app

1. Because that would mean that you would not encounter any unexpected trees / high-voltage lines / outcrops / buildings once you launch the mission.
2. Alas, "only" iPhone 6s Plus here. I feel that it's almost an iPad (at least it has many of iPad horisontal views active in the OS), so it  should have been possible to run GSP on it
2017-8-10
Use props
justmryan
New

Hong Kong

We will add these features in future releases. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-8-14
Use props
alexmbraMav
First Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-10 05:30
1. Because that would mean that you would not encounter any unexpected trees / high-voltage lines / outcrops / buildings once you launch the mission.
2. Alas, "only" iPhone 6s Plus here. I feel that it's almost an iPad (at least it has many of iPad horisontal views active in the OS), so it  should have been possible to run GSP on it

"1. Because that would mean that you would not encounter any unexpected trees / high-voltage lines / outcrops / buildings once you launch the mission."

Well,  the app could allow us to prepare a mission offline, but before flying it, it should request for a first flight anyway. Something like asking us if we want to review the recorded waypointing mission, and if we choose OK, we should go to each waypoint and click on save. If we choose NO, then we would be flying that mission by our own risk.  Of course, that could only work if we have the ability to edit each waypoints offline, by defining its height, rotation and gimbal as well.  ;)
2017-8-15
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

I've added point #6 after reading in this thread
http://forum.dji.com/thread-109064-1-4.html
of the 500m max distance from the Home Point
2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced