Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issues with iPad display
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse9378010
lvl.1
United States

hi

I am having issues with my iPad mini.  After my second flight the display on my iPad mini starts cutting out and freezing...   I noticed the iPad gets very hot too..  the iPad is only used for my Phantom and has bare minimum installed on it so there should not be anything else running..  I called DJI and they said to reinstall the DJI app but it fixed nothing..

And ideas?

Mark
2017-8-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Mark. It's the result of the processing requirement now for the smart device to do the video transmission decoding. This increased load appears to have been introduced with the latest DJI GO V4.1.x stream. If your iPad is a Mini 2 or less (<A7 CPU), forget it. Option is to upgrade to at least an A8 processor, or invest in Litchi (it's a leaner app than GO and appears to manage the video fine).
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know which type of your iPad? How about changing another recommended mobile device? I'll look into it.
2017-8-8
Use props
fanse9378010
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-8 18:13
May I know which type of your iPad? How about changing another recommended mobile device? I'll look into it.

It is an iPad mini 2...

Mark
2017-8-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fanse9378010 Posted at 2017-8-8 19:35
It is an iPad mini 2...

Mark

OK. That confirms my earlier post. I've retired my Mini 2 and bought an Air 2. I'd suggest the same (as a minumum), or move to a more efficient app like Litchi.
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanse9378010 Posted at 2017-8-8 19:35
It is an iPad mini 2...

Mark

Which Phantom drone do you use? I would recommend you disable the video cache and check the image transmission settings status. Also, please send us the screenshot of iPad ABOUT interface and image transmission when the issue appeared. Take care when you test.
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules