653 3 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Al-Pilot-In-Tra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 889 ft
United States

Hello everyone,
I've had my Phantom 4 Pro Plus (built-in screen) for about a month and I am loving it. I started with a simple $100 drone that I spent most of the time trying to keep it flying! Now flying is very easy and I can concentrate on getting great video and pictures. I do have a couple of questions regarding the RC.
1. Can you record the display of the built-in display? I think it would be cool to include video of what I see on the display while flying along with the video from the aircraft.
2. What is the SD card in the RC used for?

Thanks,
Al
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

When you recording the video, these files will be saved in two places: video cache in DJI GO and original videos in SD card. The video cache is the one displayed in the screen.

As for the SD card of RC, it is designed to extend the storage and this function is still in optimization. Please keep an eye of the later update.
2017-8-9
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Bear in mind that the videocache -which is basically a low-res copy of the video that is recorded in the aircrafts' SD card- does NOT include the flight information that is displayed on the screen.  This means that it is active only while you are recording a video, not "during all your flight" and only what the camera sees. You can save this video cache following the steps in post #12 at http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386  . I am not sure, but to record the whole content of the display you would need to use the HDMI feature, connected to your computer or something like that, during the flight.
2017-8-10
Use props
Al-Pilot-In-Tra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 889 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-10 03:25
Bear in mind that the videocache -which is basically a low-res copy of the video that is recorded in the aircrafts' SD card- does NOT include the flight information that is displayed on the screen.  This means that it is active only while you are recording a video, not "during all your flight" and only what the camera sees. You can save this video cache following the steps in post #12 at http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386  . I am not sure, but to record the whole content of the display you would need to use the HDMI feature, connected to your computer or something like that, during the flight.

Thanks for the reply. I will try recording the HDMI output and see how that goes. It would be nice to be able to select whether or not you want the video cache to contain the info the screen presents.
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules