ADDITIONAL GPS TRACKER ON MAVIC PRO
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lalli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9623 ft
Italy

Good morning, unfortunately after just 20 flights I got a flyaway, the dji recognized the damage as a guarantee.
Once I receive the new drone, can I install an additional gps tracker? Do you know if there are compatible models that do not create interference? What weight can the drone support?

thank you all for the support
2017-8-9
Use props
Gmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003150 ft
United States

Here is a thread you might want to read.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-66277-2-1.html
2017-8-9
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

If you read that thread, +1 on the Loc8tor.  It's the black thing on the butt of my avatar.
2017-8-9
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know about GPS interference, however this is a cheap option if you decide on it : http://amzn.to/2uHkIYO Or you could try using DJI 'Find My Drone' ?
2017-8-9
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

I think you have 3 or 4 options.
1. buletooth tracker - cheapest but shortest range (i think about 80m)
2. sim type tracker - good range but only works within cell phone range
3. Marco polo tracker - great range - no cell connection required - quite expensive
4. wifi tracker - i understand that add on wifi devises interfere with mavic pro gps -
2017-8-9
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Tombolian Posted at 2017-8-9 08:31
If you read that thread, +1 on the Loc8tor.  It's the black thing on the butt of my avatar.

I went the loc8tor route too. Knowing where Mavic flew off to, you have a 120m search radius.
I attached mine on the back vertically (partially covering the status light)
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I don't recommend mounting any third-party accessories on the drone. Thanks for the kind understanding.
2017-8-15
Use props
Lalli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9623 ft
Spain

Why dji thor?  I had lost drone because drone flyaway, app find my drone lacate it in a wrong position, data flight locate it but in a wood... how do you find it? We try to search it in a wood for 3 days but it was impossible ... if i had a gps that sound, beep or other maybe i find it
2017-8-16
Use props
wms
Second Officer
Poland

I use one. The best GSM-based tracker is Trackimo, but it's kind of pricey. I'd say get either a RF-V16 or a TK-102 (I use this one) and either get a 3d-printed holder that mounts on the rear arms and away from the body, or do as I did and velcro it to the side of the drone, next to the SD card door. Just be sure to calibrate compass WITH the tracker on! That way you avoid any interference it may cause.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules