Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery back to life?
568 2 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpalamaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3127 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered a Phantom 4 battery from the DJI store, when notified of a $111 special price on the battery in January of this year. I put it on charger, worked fine, and have not used it since. Put it back on charger today and will only illuminate 1-bar which essentially says the battery is bad. Very disappointed, of course DJI rejected my claim as the warranty only 6-months. My bad and not bitter, but, wonder if there are any secret squirrel handshakes for reviving a bad, but new, never used battery. E.g., years ago NiCd's could sometimes be renewed by zapping the memory threads. I realize that LiIon batteries exhibit no memory problems, but just curious, anyone brought a bad battery back to life?
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

According to your description, the battery may be over-discharged and the battery cell damaged. Discharging the battery completely and recharging might be helpful, but it's difficult to bring the bad battery back to life.
2017-8-9
Use props
FredAstra
First Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem, when I discharged THREE batteries to 1 LED prior to a trip to Mexico thinking that flat batteries would be safer to fly with.  When I got to Mexico 2 of the 3 batteries wouldn't charge :-(   I read somewhere that if immediately after plugging in the battery to the charger you should press the button on the battery "1 short and 1 long press" the battery will charge.  This was a life saver for me and BOTH batteries then charged OK and have been AOK since.  good luck   
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules