Cairngorm National Park
5444 37 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Max App
lvl.3
Flight distance : 781624 ft
United Kingdom

My latest video from a trip to Cairngorm National Park in Scotland - Check it out!

2017-8-9
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Really nice! Keep it coming!
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nice video and I like the green. Thanks for sharing with us!
2017-8-9
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

Well now,
Let me say I do enjoy all these that I see, and I say something like, nice, good job or something of the sort.
Now I have to admit I've seen some really nice, good, excellent videos on here... all in MY opinion.
But I'd put this up there with the best of them.

Cheers.
2017-8-9
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Great video and flight. Congratulations!!
2017-8-9
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job, sure is green
2017-8-10
Use props
csjoshi
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-10
Use props
Phil - P3P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wow, you have far better eyes than myself - I would have lost eye contact 2 miles earlier on that first shot
2017-8-11
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Phil - P3P Posted at 2017-8-11 02:50
Wow, you have far better eyes than myself - I would have lost eye contact 2 miles earlier on that first shot

eh well that was just short of two miles - so i definitely lost eye contact. but if crashed it was going into the forest or loch so no harm done right ?
2017-8-11
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Lectro88 Posted at 2017-8-9 20:46
Well now,
Let me say I do enjoy all these that I see, and I say something like, nice, good job or something of the sort.
Now I have to admit I've seen some really nice, good, excellent videos on here... all in MY opinion.

Thanks Lector, appreciate the kind words. I definitely try and spend a fair time editing too ! thinking to step up my game i need a ronin M for my nikon d810, get a nice blend of air an ground footage
2017-8-11
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-9 16:41
Really nice! Keep it coming!

Thanks - I have a few others on my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHTN4IWxPd_53OBT3k9pSaA
2017-8-11
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Max App Posted at 2017-8-11 08:55
Thanks - I have a few others on my youtube channel - Ian Appleton YouTube channel

I will look it up.

Thx!
2017-8-11
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Wonderful video! Love Scotland.
Visiting Skye and the Highlands again next year, but i will surely plan a turn to the Cairngorms National Park also, it looks great. Thanks for sharing the video of this natural beauty.
2017-8-12
Use props
sunsetteri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Wonderful wideangles of countryside. Altitude and lens filter?  
2017-8-13
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

All these places are being seen like no other, aren't drones great? Awesome job!
2017-8-13
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
United Kingdom

sunsetteri Posted at 2017-8-13 14:25
Wonderful wideangles of countryside. Altitude and lens filter?

thanks Sunsetteri, Altitude varied to be fair but the ground is already like 1100+m above sea level. I use ND filters almost every flight. I am aiming for a 1/60 shutter, ISO 100 at fixed f2.8. These provided the best footage in my opinion, sensor gets loads of noise any higher than ISO 200. the only reason i use the ND is to get a close as possible to these settings. All the advertisments about ND giving better image quality is nonsense. It literally a exposure control tool.
2017-8-14
Use props
sSunSetter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Thanks so much for such helpful information about your exposure settings.... I'm trying to get a grip on manual settings. What do you think of a UV filter?
2017-8-14
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
United Kingdom

sSunSetter Posted at 2017-8-14 17:36
Thanks so much for such helpful information about your exposure settings.... I'm trying to get a grip on manual settings. What do you think of a UV filter?

A UV filter does nothing but protect the front element of the camera. Back when people used film in cameras , the UV filter would literally cut back on how much UV light would be put on the film which would improve the quality of the image. With digital sensors the UV light doesn't have the same effect and doesn't change the quality of the image and if anything reduces it as its another bit of glass in front of the camera sensor. so effectively its a marketing scam from an old technology.

Although lots of people use them to protect the front lens element. i have several DSLR lenses at over £1000 and i would never use a UV filter as at that price the cheap UV glass will only reduce image quality. if i drop my lens a UV filter will do very little to protect it anyways. I do use the provided UV filter with my P4 if i am not using an ND filter as the drone is literally flying so better to protect it from any elements like water droplets from light rain, dust etc.

Hope that helps
2017-8-15
Use props
GAIL 1
New

United States

After so nice video
2017-8-15
Use props
fans98add6c0
New
Flight distance : 22434 ft
Vietnam

Nice my friend. Keep it going
2017-8-16
Use props
SRF44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137211 ft
United States

I fly my P3P past visual line of light all the time, but I make sure that the flight path is clear of obstructions and other aircraft. Beautiful video and nice editing touches, wish I could go there personally. Thank you for sharing!
2017-8-16
Use props
Hemlock_Cloud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 107418 ft
Canada

What a nice view!
2017-8-18
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gorgeous video! Love the music too. Is there somewhere you use to source copyright free music?
2017-8-23
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Max App Posted at 2017-8-15 10:28
A UV filter does nothing but protect the front element of the camera. Back when people used film in cameras , the UV filter would literally cut back on how much UV light would be put on the film which would improve the quality of the image. With digital sensors the UV light doesn't have the same effect and doesn't change the quality of the image and if anything reduces it as its another bit of glass in front of the camera sensor. so effectively its a marketing scam from an old technology.

Although lots of people use them to protect the front lens element. i have several DSLR lenses at over £1000 and i would never use a UV filter as at that price the cheap UV glass will only reduce image quality. if i drop my lens a UV filter will do very little to protect it anyways. I do use the provided UV filter with my P4 if i am not using an ND filter as the drone is literally flying so better to protect it from any elements like water droplets from light rain, dust etc.

Now that IS interesting!
2017-8-23
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

nice but risky

2017-8-23
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
United Kingdom

yeah kind of, but why spend all that money on gear if your not going to use it to its full potential ? it was just short two miles each way, the battery had 40% left when it got back but i used the intelligent battery warnings and turned around as soon as it told me. For me this really shows the power of DJI's tech. sure they get things wrong and have a way to go with customer service but the tech literally blows my mind with what its capable of.
2017-8-24
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Max App Posted at 2017-8-24 11:51
yeah kind of, but why spend all that money on gear if your not going to use it to its full potential ? it was just short two miles each way, the battery had 40% left when it got back but i used the intelligent battery warnings and turned around as soon as it told me. For me this really shows the power of DJI's tech. sure they get things wrong and have a way to go with customer service but the tech literally blows my mind with what its capable of.

No "kind of" about it.

DId you shoot near the A9 road, to the west of the main Cairngorm range?  It looks like you are near the south of Aviemore.  Kincraig?

I ask because military fast jets going to and from RAF Lossiemouth regularly travel that area - they can also be as low as 250ft.  Low level training.  If you are two miles away from the drone - doing 30mph, and a RAF Tornado or Typhoon (or other NATO fast jet) comes screaming round a hill at close to 500mph - what are you avoiding actions going to be?  Unless the jets happens to pass over your head, you're going to have trouble hearing it - more so if it is coming towards your drone - and you are a further two miles away.

The tech that DJI has installed in these drones is indeed impressive.  That doesn't mean you should push it to its limits, especially in areas where there are known to be fast low flying aircraft.

Add to the fact you admit breaking UK laws publicly on a forum.

Your choice.

I know I'm going to get flamed - but think about it.  Others watching this may think they can do the same, with no risk.

2017-8-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most North of Scotland (as is Wales, Borders etc) is used for ultra low level flying, for information they publish their time tables, they generally don't fly weekends.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/operational-low-flying-training-timetable

2017-8-24
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-24 13:57
Most North of Scotland (as is Wales, Borders etc) is used for ultra low level flying, for information they publish their time tables, they generally don't fly weekends.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/operational-low-flying-training-timetable

Mostly correct.
Low-level is 250ft - anywhere in the UK (outside built up areas) and the aircrew are encouraged to use their own discretion about routes taken.  Most from and to RAF Lossiemouth, use the A9 road as a  corridor on the way south to the likes of RAF Spadeadam in Cumbria or other sites further south.  Others can of course take northerly routes up to Cape Wrath and RAF Tain.

Ultra low level can be as low as 100ft in designated areas (LFAs - Low FLying Areas) - such as the Mach Loop in Wales (LFA 7)

Helicopters as such don't have a low level criteria - seeing as it is possible for them to land anywhere.

If 250ft is the general low-level training altitude, and the Phantom can easily get to 400ft - then maybe its an idea to check that area isn't used as a low-level corridor.

Weekends is generally correct - although there are exceptions - and military exercises can take place over weekends, with multiple countries taking part.

I plan to take my drone up to Applecross and the Bealach Na Ba, but I know there is a lot of low flying in that area, so I'll be using the Drone Assist App from NATS to make sure I'm not straying into any danger - even then - I'll be keeping my ears and eyes open.

Link shows the LFA-T14 in North West Scotland.
http://webarchive.nationalarchiv ... fa14new_210x210.jpg

I'd also avoid anywhere near Balmoral for 5 miles at least like the Plague.  HRH gets a bit 'miffed' if her hols in Scotland are interuppted!

2017-8-25
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Rigger73 Posted at 2017-8-24 13:42
No "kind of" about it.

DId you shoot near the A9 road, to the west of the main Cairngorm range?  It looks like you are near the south of Aviemore.  Kincraig?

If you are two miles OR 200 feet away from your drone and a Tornado jet comes round a hill at 500 mph the result (good or bad) will be the same.  I doubt that the Tornado (in this scenario) will be keeping a safe >50 meters from the road  and >120 meters AGL ?  But if the Tornado is is aware of the drone code then no problem.   

Flame you ?  Yes
2017-8-25
Use props
Cyrus da Virus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 937297 ft
South Africa

WOW!  Excellent footage and editing. Keep it coming. I yearn to visit Scotland again after seeing your video.
2017-8-25
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FredAstra Posted at 2017-8-25 15:07
If you are two miles OR 200 feet away from your drone and a Tornado jet comes round a hill at 500 mph the result (good or bad) will be the same.  I doubt that the Tornado (in this scenario) will be keeping a safe >50 meters from the road  and >120 meters AGL ?  But if the Tornado is is aware of the drone code then no problem.   

Flame you ?  Yes

Please do enlighten us then.

What would be the result of a Tornado doing 500mph above ground at 250ft ( c80m) and it was injested into one of the engines, let alone hit the cockpit front windscreen?

Would the pilot be able to react in time at that low an altitude?
2017-8-26
Use props
ryoknk
New

Indonesia

wow .. awesome
2017-8-28
Use props
Terzzolifilm
New

Argentina

Very nice!!
2017-8-28
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Great job. Thank you for sharing.
2017-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Max App Posted at 2017-8-11 08:53
Thanks Lector, appreciate the kind words. I definitely try and spend a fair time editing too ! thinking to step up my game i need a ronin M for my nikon d810, get a nice blend of air an ground footage

That would be a great purchase probably!
2017-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

And what a beautiful video you made.
The first I see where footage that was speed up actually looks great.
Nice music also.
Hope you fly safe!
2017-8-29
Use props
lyle.mccalmont
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43041 ft
United Kingdom

This is beautiful. I visit the Ciarngorms every year and this sums it up really well. I'm back in October so this is good food for thought!
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules