Vision sensor wont calibrate - Fail reboot error
2911 17 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlienTLB
New
Canada

Hello, I have a phantom 4 and its giving me an error sensors and saying to calibrate them....I downloaded the dji assistant software and when I try to calibrate it keeps saying reboot the drone, I did that 10 times no success so I updated the software and still having the restart the phantom .

please help going on a vacation in 3 days and I need it

thanks
Terry
2017-8-9
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

this is the error in dji go 4 app ( saying "Calibrating Vision Sensors with DJI Assistant with pc or mac is recommended".)
2017-8-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you using a Windows laptop and/or a monitor with non-standard resolution set?

Regardless, I used to experience a 'Frame Alignment Error' and constant 'Reboot the drone' myself. The 'Calibrate' button was greyed out and couldn't be selected to start the process.

I resolved it on my PC by installing Assistant 2 with driver signature enforcement off, and then running Assistant 2 in admin mode. For the first, restart your PC into maintenance mode (Shift-Restart, then option 7 after reboot), install Assistant 2, and you'll see the DOS CMD window open towards the end to install all of the drivers - should you get an 'unsigned file' message, say Yes to install. Then start Assistant 2 by right clicking on the desktop icon and selecting 'Run as administrator". You may still see the errors, but this time you should be able to click on 'Calibrate'.

I hope this helps.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to re-install the DJI Assistant 2 or change to another PC to try again. The tutorial video might be helpful:

2017-8-9
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

Did you upgrade to the latest failware? If so, then there's a few of us which have encountered "Vision Sensor Errors". I can't calibrate my VPS either since updating to the failware and downgrading hasn't fixed this issue either.
As usual, DJI have remained silent and said to send the drone in for repair. They'll probably try and charge you for fixing it, despite the failware corrupting the sensors. My P4 was flying perfectly for 10 months prior to installing the failware.

Other threads with VPS/Vision Sensor Errors since updating to the new failware:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2017-8-10
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-9 18:45
Are you using a Windows laptop and/or a monitor with non-standard resolution set?

Regardless, I used to experience a 'Frame Alignment Error' and constant 'Reboot the drone' myself. The 'Calibrate' button was greyed out and couldn't be selected to start the process.

Punchbuggy , I tried restarting using the way you said but no luck Im using windows 10 and no option that bring me to 7...

do you know how with windows 10
2017-8-10
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

My phantom 4 was working perfectly until I did the update....everything started after so its the firmware that caused the issue

the dji assistant 2 keep giving me to reboot aircraft when trying to calibrate ;(
2017-8-10
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

Suzan, is their an other firmware update coming soon to fix this issue.....
2017-8-10
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

AlienTLB Posted at 2017-8-10 02:47
Punchbuggy , I tried restarting using the way you said but no luck Im using windows 10 and no option that bring me to 7...

its a surfacr pro Im trying to make it work...
2017-8-10
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-9 19:53
I would recommend you to re-install the DJI Assistant 2 or change to another PC to try again. The tutorial video might be helpful:

https://youtu.be/mYSqz7R5zwI?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNqoF71lWL0ZCztUE9JaFK8

Susan, I tried with 2 computers...I also re-install dji assistant 2. What eslse can i do....please help
2017-8-10
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

Does someone know if a firmware update is coming soon to fix this
2017-8-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AlienTLB Posted at 2017-8-10 02:47

Hi. I'm using Windows 10 and it does work as I mentioned, just with a couple more actions in-between.

From memory:
Restart the PC by holding down the Shift key and clicking Restart (found under the Windows key at bottom left of screen and clicking Power). You will be advised that the PC will restart in Maintenance mode (I think). PC will restart and you will be presented with some large buttons - you want to select Maintenance mode. You will then be presented with a number of options: option #7 will be to disable signature enforcement - press 7. PC will then boot up as normal. The key difference is that when software is now installed, if the installation includes a device driver which doesn't have a digital signature (which is basically a stamp stating that the vendor signing that driver is 'trusted') then it will prompt you to install it, rather than simply refuse to. This prompt for you to install the unsigned driver should come up when all of them are being installed (done inside a DOS CMD window - the white text on black background - which opens towards the end of software installation). Once Assistant 2 is now installed, right click on the desktop icon and 'Run as administrator') - this last step is required also.
You should then be able to click on the Calibrate button, despite any error messages which may appear. You can also ignore those nagging prompts 'reboot the craft'.

Try that. And for the record, I don't believe that the problem you have in successfully running a VPS calibration with Assistant 2 is related to craft firmware - it is an issue with the Assistant 2 installation.

If DJI Susan reads this, for her information I believe it's one of the PC-side "Vision" drivers. I assume they are required for the two-way link between PC and craft while the craft's VPS sensors are looking at the PC screen.
2017-8-10
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-9 18:45

Punchbuggy , hey I owe you big time your steps worked thanks you thank you

2017-8-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AlienTLB Posted at 2017-8-10 15:56
Punchbuggy , hey I owe you big time your steps worked thanks you thank you

Fantasic to hear - well done. But I'm curious, were you prompted to install the unsigned driver, or did it just do it?

Edit: I also suggest you mark this thread with "[Solved]" at the start of the title. You can do that by editing your very first post. That way other people with the same issue will know to read the thread.
2017-8-10
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-10 16:09
Fantasic to hear - well done. But I'm curious, were you prompted to install the unsigned driver, or did it just do it?

Edit: I also suggest you mark this thread with "[Solved]" at the start of the title. You can do that by editing your very first post. That way other people with the same issue will know to read the thread.

Punchbuggy

How do I edit the first thread...to say solved

yes I was asked for the drivers
2017-8-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AlienTLB Posted at 2017-8-11 08:29
Punchbuggy

How do I edit the first thread...to say solved

Scroll up to your very first post. It will have 4 options at its bottom - Reply, Edit, Upvote and Downvote. Click Edit, and you can edit that message. As it's the post creating the thread, at the top you can also click into the Subject line to add '[Solved]' in front  - or whatever.
2017-8-11
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

SOLVED - SOLVED Thanks for all the help
2017-8-12
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

I spent hours trying all the fixes in this forum - i tried two different windows 10 machines and then booted to a win 8.1 and nothing worked - finally i installed win 7 on one of the hard drives ... shazam !
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules