I received a damaged Mavic as a replacement.
1947 24 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdfb7dba2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327940 ft
United States

I sent in my Mavic which had a focus issue, they assessed it and repaired it under warranty. Today I opened the box for what I thought was my Mavic but instead it was someone else's with videos from the previous owner on the Sd card and the gimbel and lens was also scratched. I don't understand how no one bothered to check what aircraft they sent me or maybe they tried to cut corners or save costs by trying to send me a Mavic that was previously returned.

Now I need to waste more time and send this Mavic back and hope that I don't receive a damaged one again.
IMG_3699.JPG
IMG_3700.JPG
IMG_3701.JPG
IMG_3702.PNG
2017-8-9
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

This is pretty poor. I dread ever having an issue because of crap like this. I take very good care of my equipment and if I were to receive something like this in return I would be outraged. Even worse, they still had the previous owners information on it. What kind of amateur hour is this? Mistakes happen, but this is especially dumb. In my opinion they should be overnighting you another Mavic.
2017-8-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Unbelievable man... I feel for you..Not only DJI should give you a  NEW DRONE but throw in couple of batteries and care refresh for their UNPROFESSIONAL and UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE!
2017-8-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah that is just terrible.  It makes me want to reconsider my upcoming order of a Mavic on principal.
2017-8-9
Use props
Rodzilla5150
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31831 ft
United States

I had a focus issue with my Mavic Pro as well. It was a softness on the left side of the image. Other than than that, it worked perfectly. I tried everything DJI said to do to remedy the problem, but nothing worked. So I sent it in for repairs. The progress report said it had been assessed, fixed, quality assurance checked and sent back. What I got was a different (new) Mavic Pro. This one had an excellent camera but the gimbal was doing weird things. So, back to DJI with that one. Progress again said the same thing "repaired". What I got back was a different (looked new) Mavic with worse gimbal problems. So, I'm sending this one back. I've now had three Mavic Pros now, all with issues. Whoever DJI uses to manufacture their camera/gimbals needs to be fired!

I have to say, though, that my experience with DJI customer service has been very good. They are patient and nice. The best way to get help is to contact them via online chat. Also, turn around time for the replacements was one week or less. Keep in mind that I do live about 2-1/2 hours drive from the DJI service facility in Cerritos, CA and no, they wouldn't let me take it there for repairs.

For me, I hope the fourth Mavic will be a winner!
Good luck to you. I hope you get a good one on your next attempt!
2017-8-9
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I guess this 'replace with someone elses drone' is a US only policy?
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Apologies for the inconvenience first. I have checked the case status, our colleagues have checked and didn't find the above issues. I'm not sure whether it was caused by logistics. For now, I also suggest you to send it back for a fully check and confirm.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansdfb7dba2
lvl.1
United States

Update, after looking through the videos from the previous owner. I found the video that shows the ACTUAL crash that damaged the drone. As for DJI Susan not finding the above issues, I don't think DJI would openly admit fault for a issue of this magnitude. I am still waiting on my return label to send the drone back.......
2017-8-10
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

fansdfb7dba2 Posted at 2017-8-10 14:39
Update, after looking through the videos from the previous owner. I found the video that shows the ACTUAL crash that damaged the drone. As for DJI Susan not finding the above issues, I don't think DJI would openly admit fault for a issue of this magnitude. I am still waiting on my return label to send the drone back.......

Edit: Never mind. Didn't read.
2017-8-10
Use props
JChen
lvl.1
United States

Update, I sent in the damaged replacement that they sent me and DJI IS CHARGING ME FOR A REPAIR... ARE YOU SERIOUS?

wtfdji.png
2017-8-15
Use props
Slic Ric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4393 ft
United States

My Mavic is being sent in this week. This sure does worry me. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
2017-8-15
Use props
RCkable5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

Im joining this one because I'm nosey and want to know the outcome.  I really hope they take that charge away.
2017-8-15
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Moderators?  This is just wrong.
2017-8-15
Use props
markol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11913 ft
Canada

Ive has nothing but issues with DJI customer service. I ended up paying more and bought from Apple Store instead.
2017-8-15
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Oh damn, this is just absolutely wrong.
2017-8-15
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

Its why I ONLY but from JB HiFI here in Australia, I will NEVER buy direct from DJI.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JChen Posted at 2017-8-15 07:57
Update, I sent in the damaged replacement that they sent me and DJI IS CHARGING ME FOR A REPAIR... ARE YOU SERIOUS?

[view_image]

Sorry for the confusion caused, just checked your case, this case will be covered under warranty, as you can see the remark of this quotation, we've sent you the correct quotation, please check it. We'll do our best to get it sorted out shortly. sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Slic Ric Posted at 2017-8-15 08:46
My Mavic is being sent in this week. This sure does worry me. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

No worries, should you have any questions about it, please provide me with your case number, I'd like to check it for you.
2017-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-16 00:49
No worries, should you have any questions about it, please provide me with your case number, I'd like to check it for you.

Hi dji Diana, would you be able to find out what's happening with my Mavic sent in for stress cracks repair.

CAS-796247-T3L9T6
2017-8-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Are stress cracks common in the Mavic?
2017-8-16
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

Wow this is pretty sad. I will be sending my Mavic for repair soon (compass/ GPS issues) and this worries me
2017-8-16
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-16 00:48
Sorry for the confusion caused, just checked your case, this case will be covered under warranty, as you can see the remark of this quotation, we've sent you the correct quotation, please check it. We'll do our best to get it sorted out shortly. sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.

Can I suggest your systems be improved.

Yes it does say its being covered under warranty, but also includes a link to send payment! This is highly irresponsible.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-16 05:26
Hi dji Diana, would you be able to find out what's happening with my Mavic sent in for stress cracks repair.

CAS-796247-T3L9T6

Sorry for the delay, just checked case, the drone has been received yesterday, it is under process now, we'll keep you updated, I'll keep an eye on it as well.
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

GSI_IRE Posted at 2017-8-16 06:36
Can I suggest your systems be improved.

Yes it does say its being covered under warranty, but also includes a link to send payment! This is highly irresponsible.

Thank you for your suggestion. Normally, there is no payment link in the quotation of warranty cases. For this case, as you can see, the remark says it will be covered under warranty, but it seems our colleagues didn't change the quotation, the total payment is 79, not 0. So a payment link has been added to this email. We have corrected this mistake, sent a correct quotation again. Just checked this case, the drone has been shipped, I think this customer would receive it soon.
2017-8-19
Use props
Gil789
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241319 ft
United States

Hi,

I am also a very worried customer where I'm about to send in my Mavic Pro for the Horizon Tilt issue, and honestly I just want a fix not a refurbished one. I didn't see much posts in the last about 3-4 months, so I was wondering if this issue has been resolved and how did DJI resolve it before I send my drone in?
Very worried from all the posts..

CAS-853484-L6Q3G7

Thank you
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules