Version 3.1.14 (2798) Issues
3740 21 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ifonline
lvl.2
United States

I posteed this in another thread, but wanted to also start a new thread so that this gets proper visibility. It appears that there is a problem with the latest version of DJI Go for iPhone. I have version 3.1.14 (2798) on my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.3.3. Here is what I am seeing:
  • Video recorded with the DJI Go app does not record sound. My app settings and iOS settings are all correct, so it is not a problem with my phone or my phone's settings.
  • The microphone level indicator on the DJI Go app bounces between low and high volume in a regular pattern. I can confirm that any noise I intentionally make is not recorded, and the pulsing microphone level indicator is not reacting to any noises in the room, either made by me intentionally or ambient.
  • When I press the home button to return to the home screen on my phone, the iOS volume indicator pops up and usually shows a volume level lower than max. Note that I keep the volume level on my iPhone set to max, so the popup is reflecting a volume level that is not correct. Additionally, when I try and change the volume using the buttons on the side of the iPhone, the volume level is stuck. The only way to get the volume level to respond to button presses is to force-quit the DJI Go app.
  • Sometimes the DJI Go app decides to start recording video on its own, and will even bounce between record and stop over and over again, all on its own.

There appears to be other issues as well, such as no gimbal firmware value displaying in the settings of the app.

Long story short, there is very clearly a problem with the latest version of the app on iOS. These issues were not present in the previous version.

2017-8-10
Use props
fans47334210
lvl.1
United States

Thank you! Same issues here.

DJI...Fix it please.
2017-8-10
Use props
ifonline
lvl.2
United States

I probably should have noted that, at least in my case, I am referring to using DJI Go with the OSMO Mobile.
2017-8-10
Use props
ifonline
lvl.2
United States

DJI Support on Facebook is telling me to download 3.1.15 for iOS. However, there is no 3.1.15 in the App Store. So either they are wrong or 3.1.15 is not yet available. I'm leaning towards they are wrong considering that 3.1.14 (the latest available version) only came out two days ago.
2017-8-10
Use props
ifonline
lvl.2
United States

Looking at the DJI OSMO Mobile page, I see DJI Go for iOS version 3.1.5, so yeah... there's that. Someone needs to proof the product pages, it seems. Fun times.
2017-8-10
Use props
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

Same issues... no fix. BUMMER
2017-8-10
Use props
ifonline
lvl.2
United States

I'm now seeing that if I triple-click the trigger to change cameras, more often than not the app automatically starts recording video. Sometimes, however, it doesn't.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans47334210
lvl.1
United States

I'm curious, if you had the money, would you just get the Osmo Plus and forget all this nonsense (not that the Plus doesn't have it problems)?
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ifonline, did you run the latest firmware version 1.6.0.8?
For your first question and firmware version didn't display issue, please try to remove Osmo Mobile in Bluetooth settings of your phone and then try again.
For the third question, since no other users feedback the same problem at the moment, is it possible to upload a short video to Dropbox and post the link here?
We would appreciate your cooperation and time very much.
2017-8-11
Use props
ifonline
lvl.2
United States

No other users reporting the same problem? There are two others reporting the same issues in this very thread! Besides, there are several other threads across the forum reporting issues with 3.1.14.
Yes, I'm running the latest firmware.

2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ifonline Posted at 2017-8-11 01:48
No other users reporting the same problem? There are two others reporting the same issues in this very thread! Besides, there are several other threads across the forum reporting issues with 3.1.14.
Yes, I'm running the latest firmware.

A short video would be appreciated if you could provide.
The microphone icon in the APP will not popup with the volume level, please leave it alone, sorry for the confusion.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

aEROREEL Posted at 2017-8-10 10:46
Same issues... no fix. BUMMER

I've seen your post in another thread, the RC failed to connect to your mobile phone.
If you believe it's an APP issue, you can try to downgrade DJI Go via the link below to see if the problem persists: https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
2017-8-11
Use props
fans47334210
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-11 01:56
I've seen your post in another thread, the RC failed to connect to your mobile phone.
If you believe it's an APP issue, you can try to downgrade DJI Go via the link below to see if the problem persists: https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot

Are we talking about drone issues or camera issues?? I thought camera issues.
Is there a way to go back one release? The one before 3.1.14?
2017-8-11
Use props
T. Gary
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE: I can get the sound to work at 1080 30 FPS. But when I switch to 1080 60 FPS, no sound is recorded.
2017-8-11
Use props
T. Gary
lvl.1
United States

Try switching to 1080 30 FPS...
2017-8-11
Use props
ifonline
lvl.2
United States

Good find. I just tried 720, 1080 30, 1080 60, and 4K. All had audio except 1080 60.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi guys, appreciate your feedback, we have been aware of this issue, our engineers are trying their best to test and optimize, we will get it fixed soon, thanks for your patience.
2017-8-14
Use props
fansac65aced
New
Philippines

Dji Mindy, do we have timelines? Mine too didnt have audio on 1080p 60 fps. I regret upgrading my dji go today. Now I have footage without audio.
2017-8-19
Use props
fansdbb621c2
New
Ireland

Same problems as mentioned in threads.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansac65aced Posted at 2017-8-19 05:46
Dji Mindy, do we have timelines? Mine too didnt have audio on 1080p 60 fps. I regret upgrading my dji go today. Now I have footage without audio.

Sorry for the trouble caused, we are aware this problem and are working on it.
I didn't get the release date either, please note the future release in our website, thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-20
Use props
Matasmatt88
New

Lithuania

Hi, I have the same problem - please help!

On the app, the audio starts recording for 1 second and stops recording. the audio bars stop moving also after 1 second. It doesn't work on the latest 2020 version of the app 3.1.60
My iphone is Iphone 8 plus ios 13.3

The settings of the app are allowed to use the microphone, tried installing/uninstalling etc - the mic doesnt work in the app (works for only 1 second). Works on phone camera recording, but not in the app.

HELP!
2020-1-6
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16 ft

United States

I have a question about the DJI GO APP  I want to set wave points to do a trial run with my drone I want to set the wave points before flying but it says drone has to be flying before setting wave points  I don't won't my drone flying wasting battery life while I am setting wave points is there away around this oh yeah I am flying the phantom 3 professional  thanks for any help
2020-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules