Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I'm taking this person.
989 10 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa6f13f42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 479541 ft
United States

Some of the forums I am shocked at how many people have had a DJI Go app crash during flight. I feel this is very unprofessional because we have to use this app in order to fly legal. Why is it everytime I press to record or took a picture this app would freeze up and if I didn't come out of the app during flight and restart it it will eventually crash during flight. I lost my drone because of this app in terms of not being able to locate its last whereabouts because it rolls and crashed. There for my drone Auto landed somewhere unknown after self-activating the return to home feature when I was only 40% battery power left it spent the entire time disconnecting and reconnecting in an in an attempt to return to home.
2017-8-10
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

sorry to hear of your loss i would go back to the location with some family and friends and set up a grid to find the drone hopefully you kept withing line of site within coherence with the FAA laws. Hopefully you will find it. as far as the app crashing it could be your device here are some issues that could happen, device not primarily used for dji go app, device not up to date on software updates, app not up to date, or a bug in your device itself. I rarely crash on my app and i mean rarely my most recent crash was before i updated my ipad to 10.3.3 hope this helps you find your drone with the grid pattern
2017-8-10
Use props
fansa6f13f42
lvl.1
United States

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-8-10 06:45
sorry to hear of your loss i would go back to the location with some family and friends and set up a grid to find the drone hopefully you kept withing line of site within coherence with the FAA laws. Hopefully you will find it. as far as the app crashing it could be your device here are some issues that could happen, device not primarily used for dji go app, device not up to date on software updates, app not up to date, or a bug in your device itself. I rarely crash on my app and i mean rarely my most recent crash was before i updated my ipad to 10.3.3 hope this helps you find your drone with the grid pattern

Everything everything was updated and where it landed it is unsearchable it is just woods and thicken and brush and animals it should have returned to home it had nothing to do with what I did. I recently I don't even have that much interference I'm out in the country but yet during my return to homes on some occasions I would lose signal and it was standing the air until I walked forward and reconnect it but this time it
2017-8-10
Use props
fansa6f13f42
lvl.1
United States

So yeah I've tried the family and friends search thing and where I know it to be is pretty much unsearchable. And yes it was over woods and Trees Animals Forest basically and yes it was within line of sight I'm on a farm. So you're commenting on drones that do crash but saying yours doesn't? What good poor help are you offering. A matter of fact I have the Phantom 3 standard which app I mean drone do you have because I see a lot of people with this issue and happy yours doesn't but which drone do you have?
2017-8-10
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

well i currently have the p4p but i had the p3s last year and i didnt have issues like what you are saying as long as i kept within resonable distance
sorry if you dont like me trying to help you figure this out. im just hear trying to help
2017-8-10
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

More than likely it's up in a tree. Either you flew into a tree or did not have the RTH set high enough to clear the treeline.

Go back and look up instead of down you'll likely spot it

2017-8-10
Use props
UpNorth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

"I'm taking this person" What does that apply to,given the nature of your issue? Sorry for your loss. Your P3 will come down the next wind storm.
2017-8-10
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

As you knew you had problems, it really wasn't the brightest thing to do, flying over an area like this!! Can't say I've noticed any reports on apps crashing during flight.
2017-8-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

UpNorth Posted at 2017-8-10 11:33
"I'm taking this person" What does that apply to,given the nature of your issue? Sorry for your loss. Your P3 will come down the next wind storm.

I think he means he's "taking this personally."  
2017-8-10
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

An app crash doesn't mean anything.
You can still control the bird and fly it back easily - as long as you can see it.
If you fly out of sight and the app crashes, resulting in loss of signal, the drone does what you have set before:
It comes home, hovers or lands. I had numerous app crashes while I was on Android but I learned not to be worried. The bird always came home.

If you keep having app crashes you need to reconsider your configuration/tablet.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear the accident of your drone. As discussed above, you can still control the RC and initiate RTH. I would suggest you to use the recommended mobile.

For the flyway, have you contacted our Support Team via support.us@dji.com to report the issue? If yes, please PM me your case number, I'd like to look into it.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules