Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amima42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 851542 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hi.

I am having an issue with Mavic: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=202848
Also posted here about my problem: http://forum.dji.com/thread-103724-1-1.html

I contacted DJI support by email. After a few letters they offered me to send my Mavic to repair. The problem is I bought it in U.S. on DJI website, and I live in Russia. So I have to send Mavic to U.S. first, and then my friend will bring it to repair. To do this I need to be absolutely 100% sure that I need a repair/exchange and that it will fix my problem (since I will need to send Mavic back to Russia, it takes time).

To be sure that I need a repair I want someone from DJI to look at my flight logs. The problem is easily reproducible, and I expereienced this problem at least 10 times during my last flight. I want to understand what error happens within the aircraft before the issue occurs. Maybe it is a software issue, and I can try to wait for a new firmware. Of maybe it's an SD card issue and I need to replace SD card. The logs should show what is happening. Could someone from DJI please assist me?

Also, I have DJI Care Refresh warranty activated. I've read that repair does not fix this issue. So if I do send Mavic to U.S. for replace can I somehow be sure that I get a new unit? Not repaired, not refirbished, but a new one. I want to minimise the risk that I will need to send Mavic to repair again (it's too long and too pricey in my case).
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

amima, sorry for the experience with our product, I will feedback this issue to our engineers for analysis as long as you could provide us the screenshot of all firmware version, which is in General Settings--About.
It seems the gimbal reboots during mid-flight, you can still see the GPS, RC signal, battery life in the APP interface and RC can control the aircraft right? Please help us to verify, thank you.
2017-8-10
Use props
amima42
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-10 19:03
amima, sorry for the experience with our product, I will feedback this issue to our engineers for analysis as long as you could provide us the screenshot of all firmware version, which is in General Settings--About.
It seems the gimbal reboots during mid-flight, you can still see the GPS, RC signal, battery life in the APP interface and RC can control the aircraft right? Please help us to verify, thank you.

"you can still see the GPS, RC signal, battery life in the APP interface and RC can control the aircraft right"
RC can control the aircraft, right, but I cannot see any data in the app interface, since it goes into "signal lost" state for a dozen of seconds until the signal is reestablished. I am not 100% sure, since I start looking at the RC data after I lose video signal, so maybe I was not paying attention to other metrics in the app. Let me also note here that this is clearly not the signal interference issue. There was no interference, the distance was a few meters and the sight was perfectly clear.

I uploaded all flight logs (flight data + black box data + rc black box) to OneDrive here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoZdHprotBfopSwio7BNIRRPt45v
The specific and most vivid example of this problem happening a lot of times during one flight you will find if you look at flight logs on August 06, 2017. Most of my videos from that day are 1 minute long due to this issue.

I've also made a screenshot you requested, please look at the comment attachment.

Mavic firmware versions

Mavic firmware versions
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

amima42 Posted at 2017-8-15 13:50
"you can still see the GPS, RC signal, battery life in the APP interface and RC can control the aircraft right"
RC can control the aircraft, right, but I cannot see any data in the app interface, since it goes into "signal lost" state for a dozen of seconds until the signal is reestablished. I am not 100% sure, since I start looking at the RC data after I lose video signal, so maybe I was not paying attention to other metrics in the app. Let me also note here that this is clearly not the signal interference issue. There was no interference, the distance was a few meters and the sight was perfectly clear.

Thanks for your updating.
Sorry that the link you provided cannot be visited, could you please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver?
2017-8-16
Use props
amima42
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-16 00:22
Thanks for your updating.
Sorry that the link you provided cannot be visited, could you please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver?

Here is the DropBox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b0sf4 ... B8anPLt2tCL6Ua?dl=0
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

amima42 Posted at 2017-8-16 01:07
Here is the DropBox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b0sf4xcjq8x0dgv/AAB4SyV2_yWB8anPLt2tCL6Ua?dl=0

Thanks, the log has been forwarded to our engineers for analysis, we will keep you updated once I hear from them, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules