Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 SE Limp gimbal?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dazmatic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1634577 ft
United Kingdom

I've recently started having an issue whereby when recording, the gimbal will suddenly go limp, I'll loose live video feed and the app pops up saying 'USB Connected'

I'll upload a video in a bit from the gimbals perspective as it continues to record.

It was a bit frightening just now as I was a fair way out but no video feed so couldn't see where it was going. I kept flicking on RTH and it'd fly so far, regain live video and then stop so I'd have to engage RTH again but then loose video. Managed to get it back but it's worrying to see!
2017-8-10
Use props
dazmatic
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Oh, and when the App states "USB Connected" is appears with a little SD card picture
2017-8-10
Use props
dazmatic
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just tested it on my desk. Plugged the gimbal into my computer and the gimbal went limp, it flashed up saying "usb connected" and lost video feed so it would appear that the drone is being tricked into thinking the  usb of the gimbal is being plugged in MID FLIGHT!!!
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to remove the SD card and choose a different location without interface and check the performance in LOS again.
2017-8-12
Use props
dazmatic
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can't even do that. Took it out last night and had very little control over it. Lost the video feed within 2 minutes of flying, gimbal went limp, lost control too, it returned to home and landed and luckily landed in a safe place as I had no control.

I deleted the DJI go app and reinstalled it, logged in and suddenly couldn't fly more than 50m out even though I was logged in and the gimbal was all over the show, would not stay level even in a level hover, it'd just slowly rock side to side

Gave up in the end last night.

I even tried calling DJI UK technical support Friday the 11th but your telephone lines were so terrible, I couldn't make out what anyone was saying and so gave up there.

Today I've downgraded to v 1.01.00 last night and relinked the drone and the RC and will try again later
IMG_20170812_183440.jpg
IMG_20170812_183456.jpg
IMG_20170812_183737.jpg
IMG_20170812_183804.jpg
2017-8-13
Use props
dazmatic
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well, since downgrading and relinking I've been through 6 batteries without any issue so it would appear to be sorted.
2017-8-15
Use props
JignersP34K
Flight distance : 92195 ft
United Kingdom

dazmatic Posted at 2017-8-11 07:45
Just tested it on my desk. Plugged the gimbal into my computer and the gimbal went limp, it flashed up saying "usb connected" and lost video feed so it would appear that the drone is being tricked into thinking the  usb of the gimbal is being plugged in MID FLIGHT!!!

i think there is a loose connection somewhere connecting the gimbal to the mainboard?
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules