Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sparky Wanted to land at 77 mtr **UPDATE**Now with video
797 8 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wobbles
Captain
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UPDATE UPDATE here the video

http://forum.dji.com/thread-106508-1-1.html   

After my post on Spark wanting to land at 77mtr a few weeks ago, I STILL have no reply from DJI on what caused it.
So after updating Sparky I bit the bullet and went back to Wales Mountains today and did 3 batteries worth of flying in 3 different locations.
Sparky behaved IMPECABLY...
My first location was top of LLANBERIS PASS in North wales, kept a good eye on Sparky and screen and just flew around checking everything I could (did not do ANY gesture controls) but used sports mode, etc.
So after that moved deep into the mountains of LLANBERIS with massive valleys and I took off and deliberately flew below the point I took off (to give it a negative height from takeoff) and it never missed a beat it adjusted ok had a few RED heights flash momentarily but soon recovered to read normal as far as I could see anyway.
Then the biggie, I love flying over water but have been afraid since the issue of it wanting to land at 77mtrs...so moved to BALA lakes and flew over the lakes etc.
and once again SPARKY was a star and gave me another battery full of fun, even went into sport mode over lakes with some aggressive stops and turns (GOT TO SMOOTH MY CONTROLL OUT)
just some info for on specs, nothing changed from before
apart from the last updates of course, I love the gimbal speed control now and distance between locations is about 100 miles , had sparky in rucksack on back of Motorcycle and did 400 miles with it today ..NOTE TO SELF BUY MORE BATTERIES.
At weekend I will put three short videos (INC SCREEN RECORDING ON IPHONE 6s plus)
so all in all I well happy and looking forward to editing videos now

2017-8-10
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

It could be a bug or dirt on bottom camera.
2017-8-10
Use props
Jeetley
First Officer
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

nice to read a positive experience
2017-8-10
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Jeetley Posted at 2017-8-10 09:44
nice to read a positive experience

i agree!!!
2017-8-10
Use props
wobbles
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kyokushin Posted at 2017-8-10 09:44
It could be a bug or dirt on bottom camera.

yea i cleaned it after as well with cloth and compressed air, so fingers crossed thats all it was, will be interested to see what DJI say
2017-8-10
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

wobbles Posted at 2017-8-10 10:04
yea i cleaned it after as well with cloth and compressed air, so fingers crossed thats all it was, will be interested to see what DJI say

my guess is must have been a bug or something obstructing the sensor, maybe dust or moisture..  

however i dont know if latest firmware change it or this always been like this on lil sparky, but when im hovering over something if im not pressing the stick down to drop in height, it wont land, just sit there ask if i want to land or not...  so it if happens again, try to fly it back to you dont reduce your altitude with the stick just fly it back to yourself back you can and see if the sensor has a bee or something clinging to it.    bees really really hate my spark prob the noise or vibrations or something.., specially yellow jackets if i get within 10 feet of their ground nest with my spark, its like open air blender of bee guts., then again, i have alot of bees in my area that i should take care of..
2017-8-10
Use props
Indi91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Great to hear this positive experience . May i know what is the gimbal speed you used?
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the feedback, we had escalated the process but hadn't received a message. But we will reply you once we heard from our engineers.
BTW, looking forward to your footages, too.
2017-8-11
Use props
wobbles
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-10 18:11
Great to hear this positive experience . May i know what is the gimbal speed you used?

hi had it on 20% and was perfect fo me ..
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules