Why does my dji spark sometimes  play the start up tune twice
2017-8-10
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

yea mine occasionally does that two.  usually only if its very hot like i been pushing her hard and cycled through 2-3 batteries....  
2017-8-10
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

well, it did to me few times when I switched back and forth the linking with remote or directly to phone. I was afraid that sound meant something mess up inside the code, so I always refresh the firmware right after. If became normal again.
2017-8-10
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

This has happened to me too-
2017-8-10
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Happened to me as well, never noticed the pattern though. Happened 2 times out of 30 flights.
2017-8-10
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
United States

had this to but just  got over it.  Fly normal so far .
2017-8-10
Use props
fanseaeff787
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155240 ft
Germany

Happened to me too. But just a few times. And until now not with the latest firmware. I always restart it.
2017-8-10
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

It happened to me once, during ground tests... I was not sure having eard well but now with this thread I'm not doubting anymore :-)
DJI, that would be nice if you can confirm why this double "turn on jingle" happens sometimes and if it is somethings that should be minded ?
May it be that the SD card filling level is high (mine was when It happened)
2017-8-10
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I think its ok guys
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This is normal, the tune of the drone is generated by the motor. If the motor phase is different, it will make a different sound.
2017-8-11
Use props
mmatos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179770 ft
United States

First, the jingle is actually created by the ESC (electronic speed controller) vibrating the motors. It's actually not the Spark Flight Controller or a speaker - it's basically a boot up chime programmed into the firmware of each of the four ESCs.

Usually all four will boot at exactly the same time, sounding like a single jingle. On occasion, perhaps due to temperature variations, an ESC might boot slightly slower than the others, sound its motor out of sync.
2017-8-11
Use props
lucsvette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

mmatos Posted at 2017-8-11 06:11
First, the jingle is actually created by the ESC (electronic speed controller) vibrating the motors. It's actually not the Spark Flight Controller or a speaker - it's basically a boot up chime programmed into the firmware of each of the four ESCs.

Usually all four will boot at exactly the same time, sounding like a single jingle. On occasion, perhaps due to temperature variations, an ESC might boot slightly slower than the others, sound its motor out of sync.

good to know
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules