Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI SPARK fell from the sky and became useless
2750 31 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6407 ft
Mexico

Hi, I am very worried about the matter of my drone that turned off in flight in the sky and fell very high and became unusable. My case number is CAS-881899-B4C5S1. DJI launches a statement on 07/25/2017 saying this: "DJI is aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones that have lost power mid-flight. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are thoroughly reviewing each customer's case and working urgently. DJI products are tested for thousands of hours, and overwhelming number of customers enjoy using our products with minimal disruption".
They are aware of the problem and are not giving solution to any of them, I am really nervous because the cost of my Spark in Mexico was almost 1000 dollars with Fly More Combo that is equal to $ 17,699 Mexican pesos and I´m scared that DJI respond to me with the same answer "Sorry for your loss" "he subsequent flight situation was unknown , Which could not determine the cause of the accident". can not determine the cause of the accident is a shame. I have the record of my flight and it is clearly observed that at 91 meters the drone turned off, lost connections and fell from sky...
As you see, I´m from Mexico, Today I sent my Spark to DJI Offices in U.S.A. I will wait his answer but reading here i can suppose or can guess what the answer will be...
Any help, someone has validated the warranty?
I bought Care Refresh but this is not insurance issue, this is a drone manufacturing problem. I am sad, angry and at the same time scared because from what I read DJI does not solve to anyone and excuse itself saying that it is the fault of the user.

2017-8-10
Use props
HomePoint
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry for your crash it must be very hard to take.  
Maybe this post is a little strong without knowing the outcome first?
2017-8-11
Use props
NdFeB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85013 ft

Could you please let us see flight log? Do you have the video from the crash?
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

HomePoint Posted at 2017-8-11 00:25
Sorry for your crash it must be very hard to take.  
Maybe this post is a little strong without knowing the outcome first?

Yes i know, but i´ve read about 20 cases exactly same as mine, all with the same answer...
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

NdFeB Posted at 2017-8-11 00:39
Could you please let us see flight log? Do you have the video from the crash?

No, i don´t have a video, I did not think he was going to fall. How can i export my log from DJI app? i can share here.
2017-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 00:44
Yes i know, but i´ve read about 20 cases exactly same as mine, all with the same answer...

You can post your flight log to link below, I will take a look, just click the link and follow instructions and come back here and post the link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-11 00:48
You can post your flight log to link below, I will take a look, just click the link and follow instructions and come back here and post the link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Done. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SJTTOC1FNUNJN2L58RAX/
2017-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 01:21
Done. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SJTTOC1FNUNJN2L58RAX/

The is nothing irregular in that's logs you basically flew straight up and it seem like log ended early so we assume motors cut out and it fell to the ground, I think because you have recovered your spark that the rest of data from the spark will show why this happened.
I think you should get warranty, however I think your opening post is just a bit hysterical and you should wait until a decision is made before you come on so heavy.
Good luck.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We do care about customers' feedback and very sorry about this issue, but still need to be analyzed case by case.
All data analysis are based on objective data log, we will take responsibility of malfunction and provide proper resolution to you. Please wait patiently for the result of data analysis when it arrives.
Thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-11 02:08
The is nothing irregular in that's logs you basically flew straight up and it seem like log ended early so we assume motors cut out and it fell to the ground, I think because you have recovered your spark that the rest of data from the spark will show why this happened.
I think you should get warranty, however I think your opening post is just a bit hysterical and you should wait until a decision is made before you come on so heavy.
Good luck.

I´m not hysterical bro excuse me if I look like hysterical, but I think that it feels like several cases similar to mine do not give you an answer and I'm afraid, but if I see something irregular, the flight record ends at 299.9 ft. In fact from that height my Spark turned off and fell, I could retrieve it and turned it on but the arms and propellers broke.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-11 04:00
We do care about customers' feedback and very sorry about this issue, but still need to be analyzed case by case.
All data analysis are based on objective data log, we will take responsibility of malfunction and provide proper resolution to you. Please wait patiently for the result of data analysis when it arrives.
Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for your answer, i will be wait...
2017-8-11
Use props
Frangu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

let us know the outcome
2017-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 07:19
I´m not hysterical bro excuse me if I look like hysterical, but I think that it feels like several cases similar to mine do not give you an answer and I'm afraid, but if I see something irregular, the flight record ends at 299.9 ft. In fact from that height my Spark turned off and fell, I could retrieve it and turned it on but the arms and propellers broke.

I think that most who recovered their drone and sent back were offered warranty, which seems opposite of what you might be thinking.
2017-8-11
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

To my knowledge, DJI has been outstanding in responding to this situation when the drone has been retrieved (well, some have complained about the speed, but nobody has been refused a repair or a fix or a new drone).  I am certain you will have no cause to file any lawsuits.

The issue for some have been when the drone has lost power and they have been unable to retrieve the drone.  This is a scenario I fear, as I fly a lot over deep water.  Should my drone face this event, I will not be able to retrieve it.

I think DJI has constructed their care package in a manner that is very consumer friendly as long as the drone is retrievable, and is very company friendly if the drone cannot be retrieved.  And honestly, others will disagree, I don't find that unreasonable.  Disheartening, but I get it.

I would like to hear some statement from DJI on the matter beyond the scripted statement.  From the dropped drones that have been returned and analyzed, have they identified a defect?  Are all drones at risk?  Are only a few drones at risk?  Is there a flight behavior that can mitigate the risk?  Can I fly with confidence over water or should I take into account a possibility that I could be impacted by the same behavior?  Or even the opposite possibility:  Has DJI found absolutely no issues with any of the dropped returned drones (that would be strange, but who knows)?

Even a vague statement that doesn't confirm or deny anything, like advising us to not fly in locations where the drone cannot be retrieved until the next update.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-11 07:46
I think that most who recovered their drone and sent back were offered warranty, which seems opposite of what you might be thinking.

I really want and wish that, my friend.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-11 08:01
To my knowledge, DJI has been outstanding in responding to this situation when the drone has been retrieved (well, some have complained about the speed, but nobody has been refused a repair or a fix or a new drone).  I am certain you will have no cause to file any lawsuits.

The issue for some have been when the drone has lost power and they have been unable to retrieve the drone.  This is a scenario I fear, as I fly a lot over deep water.  Should my drone face this event, I will not be able to retrieve it.

I read the case of a guy who fell on the sea but I did not know if the drone was recovered, I hope that DJI respond reasonably and in the best way to the mishap and if so, as you say, there is no need to get to legal issues and Everyone happy.
2017-8-11
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well, to be honest, if you read through the terms of use and contracts which you agree to when you purchase and fly the drone, you'll see that it is VERY company friendly.  And I get that too.  In this age where people will sue because gravity works even around ladders or because hot coffee is brewed, well, HOT, I get the need for DJI to protect themselves.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-11 08:21
Well, to be honest, if you read through the terms of use and contracts which you agree to when you purchase and fly the drone, you'll see that it is VERY company friendly.  And I get that too.  In this age where people will sue because gravity works even around ladders or because hot coffee is brewed, well, HOT, I get the need for DJI to protect themselves.

I know but this is not a hot coffee, it is a drone around $983 dollars in Mexico, I just want everything goes well with my drone and warranty... and sorry for my english i need to improve it, Sometimes words are misunderstood.
2017-8-11
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 08:34
I know but this is not a hot coffee, it is a drone around $983 dollars in Mexico, I just want everything goes well with my drone and warranty... and sorry for my english i need to improve it, Sometimes words are misunderstood.

I understand :-)
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-11 08:21

Thank you for your kind thoughts Charles. We are customer centric and want people to get the most out of their aircraft. We appreciate your thoughts.
2017-8-11
Use props
Adomolis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 219219 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So youre threatening to sue them while you still await their decision?What? Am i missing something here?
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

Adomolis Posted at 2017-8-11 09:52
So youre threatening to sue them while you still await their decision?What? Am i missing something here?

As i said, IF they don´t respond to the manufacturing error... I hope all goes well and everyone´s gonna be happy
2017-8-11
Use props
HomePoint
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

...this could have all been done with a much more respectful attitude and if DJI now find that you deserve a warranty replacement, you will live the rest of your life thinking that to threaten at the start is the awy to go.  Shame.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

HomePoint Posted at 2017-8-11 10:21
...this could have all been done with a much more respectful attitude and if DJI now find that you deserve a warranty replacement, you will live the rest of your life thinking that to threaten at the start is the awy to go.  Shame.

Maybe because you don´t have that problem and you earn 983 usd to buy another, i just have money to buy one of this, and the second day the purchase it fell, and i´m reading all people wirh the same problem saying dji doesn´t want apply the warranty.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

Maybe I was wrong say about a sue but how do you want me to feel?
2017-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 10:32
Maybe I was wrong say about a sue but how do you want me to feel?

Well edit your post that's pretty simple, it's doing your case any good.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-11 10:30
Well edit your post that's pretty simple, it's doing your case any good.

How, i don´t have a edit button
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 10:42
How, i don´t have a edit button

I've done it for you. Please note that the forum rules clearly indicate that threatening or even discussing a lawsuit is grounds for an immediate and permanent ban.
2017-8-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good job removing that.  The world is already too sue happy, I'm sure DJI will take care of you correctly.  Good Luck.
2017-8-11
Use props
Adomolis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 219219 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 10:25
Maybe because you don´t have that problem and you earn 983 usd to buy another, i just have money to buy one of this, and the second day the purchase it fell, and i´m reading all people wirh the same problem saying dji doesn´t want apply the warranty.

We understand that its big money, but problems happen even to Ferarri that cost $1,000,000
2017-8-11
Use props
fansfcc89423
lvl.3
United States

Adomolis Posted at 2017-8-11 11:11
We understand that its big money, but problems happen even to Ferarri that cost $1,000,000

that is very true, but you will get top notch customer service from Ferrari. I have never had my spark fell from the sky, but for the reasonable amount of DJI customers who have experience this have certainly gotten my attention. I have concerns when flying my drone now about it falling from the sky and that is not really the way one should enjoy there spark. I am very curious to know what there findings are with the sparks that they have received falling from the sky. I am sure that there are many concern owners like myself wondering why this is happening and when will there a fix if any.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

fansfcc89423 Posted at 2017-8-11 13:12
that is very true, but you will get top notch customer service from Ferrari. I have never had my spark fell from the sky, but for the reasonable amount of DJI customers who have experience this have certainly gotten my attention. I have concerns when flying my drone now about it falling from the sky and that is not really the way one should enjoy there spark. I am very curious to know what there findings are with the sparks that they have received falling from the sky. I am sure that there are many concern owners like myself wondering why this is happening and when will there a fix if any.

That´s really true..
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules