Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI assistant 2 connection fails
2667 20 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

i hope someone can help me with this issue,already spend 5 hours trying to fix this

when i open the DJI GO 4 app on my android smartphone(android 7.0), i get a screen "RC connected" - ENTER DEVICE
when pressing "enter device" i get on top of the app a red banner, "AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED"
I also tried with a tablet with android 5.0 which always worked in the past....but same problem.
i dont have camera visual in the app, i tried to re-install the app, new usb cable, doesnt work
so i connected the drone to my laptop and used dji assistant 2 trying to update the firmware, but the drone is not recognized/detected

(windows 8) which where never a problem in the past. Same problem with the remote, not recognized.

So i got stuck. Dont know what to do here...
My brother used my drone using his Apple tablet and he updated the firmware and worked fine he told me.
Once i got my stuff back, i have these abnormal problems ?? I guess firmware update is the best but how ??

many thanks !!

2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Edit:- When you look at 'About' (at bottom of 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4), what builds and software are shown ?

The App' was telling you it could see the RC, but not the aircraft (Disconnected), presumable the LED on the RC is red. You could try relinking RC and Aircraft (a bit like pairing Bluetooth devices).

The Re-Link can be done manually (without using DJI Go):-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel) and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will link soon.
After that, you should be able to calibrate the RC more easily and should help alleviate the issue in general.

2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-11 01:54
Edit:- When you look at 'About' (at bottom of 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4), what builds and software are shown ?

The App' was telling you it could see the RC, but not the aircraft (Disconnected), presumable the LED on the RC is red. You could try relinking RC and Aircraft (a bit like pairing Bluetooth devices).

app 4.1.5
version N/A
remote controller 1.1.5
app database 00.00.01.04

the led on the remote and drone is GREEN, so i assume thats ok and i dont need to pair them again ?
2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

Joachim H Posted at 2017-8-11 02:10
app 4.1.5
version N/A
remote controller 1.1.5

maybe important to say, remote and drone have connection to each other, i can make the props turn around and fly(without camera visual)
but why does the dji go 4 app says "aircraft disconnected" ? something must be wrong between the app and devices ?
2017-8-11
Use props
Satstream
Captain
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

Remember that the Assistant 2 in Windows must be opened as an administrator
2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

Satstream Posted at 2017-8-11 02:34
Remember that the Assistant 2 in Windows must be opened as an administrator

yep, i tried that, doesnt work
i noticed that when i attach my drone to the computer i get a new device in device manager
"other devices" -> "CDC serial" with a explanation mark
2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't worry too much about Assistant 2 at present, all mostly seems to be good.

You're seeing "AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED"

OK I occasionally see this as well on my iOS device. Try simply unplugging USB lead from back of controller and then reconnect it. Sometimes there is a glitch in comms between the device and RC, and I have found this to be the simplest solution.

This may or may not help you.

If the devices are talking to each other, then a relink as above may still help.

Edit :- As an aside, the RC can control the aircraft perfectly well without a display device.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please refer to the tutorial video and relink the RC and aircraft: https://www.djivideos.com/video_ ... 8-ad4d-e15f57195b96
2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-11 03:10
Don't worry too much about Assistant 2 at present, all mostly seems to be good.

You're seeing "AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED"

i have tried 3 usb cables and relinked it, paired drone and remote again, still no change
i can't change any drone-settings in the dji go app because it says "aircaft disconnected"
so this is totaly not normal and i'm not going to fly this way
it should work like always.
these problems apair since my brother upgraded the firmware of the remote and device with his apple tablet
2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joachim H Posted at 2017-8-11 03:42
i have tried 3 usb cables and relinked it, paired drone and remote again, still no change
i can't change any drone-settings in the dji go app because it says "aircaft disconnected"
so this is totaly not normal and i'm not going to fly this way

So your brother upgraded the remote, but not the aircraft ?

You can roll back the remote to previous build:-

Connect display device (with good wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Run DJI Go, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see a 'graduation hat' icon (or perhaps three lines if DJI Go 4). Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds or so and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware (you may have to sellect V1.6 in the roll down menu). Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.
2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

I think he updated the firmware of rc and drone.
I'm unable to downgrade the firmware.
It's says no downgrade version available.
Equipment:phantom4
Firmware Version:null
So again stuck...
2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

See screenshot
Screenshot_20170811-141122.png
2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

I have tried to downgrade with another smartphone, also android 7.0,dji go 4. Instead of showing the phantom 4 at startup, it shows phantom 4 advanced. Then I try to downgrade and I see this :
Equipment :phantom3 professional
Firmware version:null  
No available firmware...
2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

I have tried with a third device, at startup I get phantom 4 advanced, when downgrading I get
Equipment:phantom3 professional
Firmware version 1.1.5
Downgrade to
So I'm downloading now 1.6.0
hope this works!!
2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

While upgrading(blue led on remote and beeping)  the firmware 1.6.0 I got a message upgrade failed.
Stuck again...
2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joachim H Posted at 2017-8-11 04:34
I have tried to downgrade with another smartphone, also android 7.0,dji go 4. Instead of showing the phantom 4 at startup, it shows phantom 4 advanced. Then I try to downgrade and I see this :
Equipment :phantom3 professional
Firmware version:null  

So what happens now when you connect and power all up ?

2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

After several attempts to downgrade and failed I managed to get the drone recognized with a Lenovo tablet.(with another identical tablet it's been recognized as a phantom 4 advanced instead of phantom 4)  And I succesfully upgraded the remote to the latest firmware 1.9.2
I tested with my Huawei p8lite, p9lite and p10lite with android 7.0 and its been recognized as phantom 4 advanced, so I still have this "aircraft disconnected" issue and unable to use the app properly.
I called dji, they told me that I should use a device that is been recommended by dji on their website.
After a certain firmware the problem can occur that the device is no longer recognised/supported. So I will give it a try to downgrade the remote again. Maybe I need to downgrade the drone, is that possible without dji assistent?
2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joachim H Posted at 2017-8-11 09:02
After several attempts to downgrade and failed I managed to get the drone recognized with a Lenovo tablet.(with another identical tablet it's been recognized as a phantom 4 advanced instead of phantom 4)  And I succesfully upgraded the remote to the latest firmware 1.9.2
I tested with my Huawei p8lite, p9lite and p10lite with android 7.0 and its been recognized as phantom 4 advanced, so I still have this "aircraft disconnected" issue and unable to use the app properly.
I called dji, they told me that I should use a device that is been recommended by dji on their website.

DJI do not provide a path to download now via DJI Assistant 2.

Can you not stick with the tablet that it was working on ?

Their list of 'supported' devices is (although it does work on others):-

iOS Version v4.1.5.

Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

Android Version v4.1.5.  

Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.
2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

In the dji go app I have phantom 4 in the startup screen which is OK. When downgrading I have :
Equipment : phantom3 pro
Firmware version :1.9.2
Downloaded version 1.60 but failed during upgrade .Same problem which version 1.5.8 and 1.80
I tried again with version 1.6 and upgrade OK!
After turning the remote on/off the remote led is blinking red/green very fast.
After this downgrade tested on my Huawei p10lite, recognized as phantom 4advanced,not OK.
Attached back to my tablet, recognized as phantom 4, in the go app I get message I need to update my remote, drone, camera and battery. But I don't see any button for updating the drone in the app,they mention "see firmware upgrade tutorial videos in Academy for details".

2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joachim H Posted at 2017-8-11 10:16
In the dji go app I have phantom 4 in the startup screen which is OK. When downgrading I have :
Equipment : phantom3 pro
Firmware version :1.9.2

RC version 1.9.2 is needed to work with latest aircraft firmware, so you need to get back to that. The initial problem was no communications between display device and RC. And it probably still is. If the display cannot talk to the RC then it has no idea what the aircraft is.

So get RC back to V1.9.2 and stick with the display that works.
2017-8-11
Use props
Joachim H
lvl.1
Italy

OK done that,works fine.
Will try my other android stuff later when I get a new update from dji.
Many thanks for the help!!
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules