No Footage or photo on Mac
1111 8 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5370f1e4
lvl.2
Ukraine

Hello everyone,

I have a problem here, I just got my Mavic Pro, and of course I went out near a river, to try it and make some video and photo.
When I back home, I connected the Mavic to my iMac, to download the video and photo, like I use to do with my Phantom 4.

On the desktop the file appear, from here everything is pretty normaql, but when I open the file, there is no video or photo...
I notice that I have the video and photo on my ipad, but not showing it on my iMac, so my question is, is there a DJI trouble, or Apple?
Since it work perfectly with the Phantom 4, I guess is there something wrong with my Mavic Pro.

If anyone have a solution, I am ready to listen very attentively.
PS: on the DJI go 4 app, I do not have the map anymore, with Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro. So if anyone know the reason, thank you for sharing.

Kindly regards.

2017-8-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just take the SD card out of the MP and download them to your IMac and then oepn the file. If you use your IPAd to fly the files are cashed file. You might have aproblem with the SD card then try a different SD card to verify.
2017-8-11
Use props
fans5370f1e4
lvl.2
Ukraine

dronist Posted at 2017-8-11 17:51
Just take the SD card out of the MP and download them to your IMac and then oepn the file. If you use your IPAd to fly the files are cashed file. You might have aproblem with the SD card then try a different SD card to verify.

Definitely a Mavic pro problem. I took out the SD card from the Magic Pro, and I put in the phantom 4, then I connected the Mavic Pro to my iMac, and I got all the video and photo, on my iMac, so yes, Mavic Pro, don't like Apple it seems.

Well I will not use this Mavic a lot, and for sure I'm gone put it on eBay for sale. ;)
To me the compatibility with Apple its first.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Do you use the original SD card of Mavic? If yes, I would recommend you to backup all your data and format to check.
2017-8-11
Use props
fans5370f1e4
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-11 23:52
Do you use the original SD card of Mavic? If yes, I would recommend you to backup all your data and format to check.

hello,
yes I use the original SD card. Today I shot some photo with the magic, them I insert the Mavic card into my phantom 4, and I connected the phantom pro to my iMac, and guess what? No problem, with the phantom 4 I can download the files.

So it look really a incompatibility between Apple and Mavic. You mean format my Mac Susan?
and to make the day better, I broke the left landing foot gear on the mavic today
Brand New with 2 flights and I broke the landing gear, definetely I am not lucky at all with this Mavic.

2017-8-12
Use props
fans5370f1e4
lvl.2
Ukraine

Hello everyone,

well, today I bought a adapter for the Micro SD, and once I insert the Micro SD in the adapter and then the Adapter in my iMac, finally I can see all the videos, so that is a good new, but, yes because there is always a but... I only can see the pict if I choose the option JPG in the magic DJI go 4 app, if I choose RAW, all the picts are black pict.

Any idea?

2017-8-16
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

fans5370f1e4 Posted at 2017-8-11 22:31
Definitely a Mavic pro problem. I took out the SD card from the Magic Pro, and I put in the phantom 4, then I connected the Mavic Pro to my iMac, and I got all the video and photo, on my iMac, so yes, Mavic Pro, don't like Apple it seems.

Well I will not use this Mavic a lot, and for sure I'm gone put it on eBay for sale. ;)

... are you sure it is no USER error? When files are there when you put the SD-card in the P4, they are there when SD-Card is in Mavic no doubt about that...
2017-8-16
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

fans5370f1e4 Posted at 2017-8-16 08:21
Hello everyone,

well, today I bought a adapter for the Micro SD, and once I insert the Micro SD in the adapter and then the Adapter in my iMac, finally I can see all the videos, so that is a good new, but, yes because there is always a but... I only can see the pict if I choose the option JPG in the magic DJI go 4 app, if I choose RAW, all the picts are black pict.

... with what app do you open the RAW-images?
2017-8-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans5370f1e4 Posted at 2017-8-16 08:21
Hello everyone,

See this thread and its workarounds: MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 vs. DNG? [WORKAROUND]
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules