1615 3 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

How do you update the X5 to version 1.11.1.50 if you don't have a Inspire ?

I have a M600 pro and payed f**g 2000 € for the camera and now I can't update? DJI, you must be joking...
2017-8-11
Use props
Erin Radford
lvl.1
United States

We have the exact same problem.

M600 (not the pro version but we have 3 antennas)
Zenmuse X5

I updated the M600 firmware, Lightbridge 2 firmware, the RC firmware, and the X5 firmware about 3 weeks ago. I've been fighting with tech support ever since trying to solve the camera firmware problem.

I've actually gotten the DJI Go app to stop saying that the camera needs an update a few times but that will only last 1 power cycle, then it's back to saying it needs an update.

Most of the time I power on the bird and get the "No Image Transmission" message. I can fix it by going to the HD settings & running the bandwidth allocation down, then I switch from LB to EXT and I can get video feed again.

The problem is, I don't use DJI Go for any commercial work. I use AutoPilot by Hangar. In the AutoPilot app, I cannot get video feed. AutoPilot says setting the bandwidth allocation to 10% will fix it. I do that in Dji Go but as soon as I leave the DJI Go app, the bandwidth reverts to 0% - basically, AutoPilot's "fix" doesn't work. I can get video feed in AutoPilot's beta version of their app but the app always crashes. Actually, the standard version of AutoPilot has been crashing a lot since the firmware update. They claim it's because I'm running an Ipad Mini 4, they say it's too old but the timing is odd - this all went to hell when I did the M600 firmware update.

If you can get by using DJI Go or DJI GS Pro, you can get live video by running the bandwidth allocation down & switching to external. However, it doesn't seem like any 3rd party apps work anymore.

I hope that helps you a little bit. When I did phone support with DJI, they told me that they were aware of the X5 camera issue. They said that the M600 firmware had a bad package in the update and that they'd fix it on the next update but they couldn't tell me when the next update would be.

You may be having this problem too, since the camera update problem, my gimbal settings often disappear. To get them back, you can relink the controller but that's annoying because you have to pop the top cap off to get to the link button. Another way to get the gimbal settings back is to:

Power on RC
Power on M600

Establish that gimbal settings are missing
Power off M600
Leave RC on
Power on M600 and your gimbal settings will come back.
2017-8-11
Use props
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Erin Radford Posted at 2017-8-11 17:08
We have the exact same problem.

M600 (not the pro version but we have 3 antennas)

Well it kinda works with the DJi apps but I also use external apps to fly my mapping missions.

And there comes the problem: the MapPilot app from DronesMadeEasy won't pass the pre-flight checklist because of the X5 not been updated. And that's the only app that has terrain elevation awareness which is very important to me.

DJI is having problems with the updates not being a part of the SDK so non-DJI programmers struggle with getting their apps working.

BTW, does Autopilot mapping missions?
2017-8-12
Use props
Erin Radford
lvl.1
United States

fansceff17c6 Posted at 2017-8-12 02:15
Well it kinda works with the DJi apps but I also use external apps to fly my mapping missions.

And there comes the problem: the MapPilot app from DronesMadeEasy won't pass the pre-flight checklist because of the X5 not been updated. And that's the only app that has terrain elevation awareness which is very important to me.

Autopilot doesn't do mapping missions as far as I'm aware. Pix 4D is what we use to produce orthomosaics. Pix4D's recent update for ios now allows saving missions and you can control altitude in increments of 1 meter instead of 10 meters. Also, a previous Pix4D update allows for polygon missions instead of the old rectangle configuration.

Pix4D is working for us even with the DJI camera problem.
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules