1294 7 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

So does anyone have any insight on how you can still do waypoint missions with the Smart RTH activated? It's nearly impossible to complete one without the Smart RTH kicking in.
2017-8-11
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I thought that way point missions optionally end with a hover or an RTH. ???
2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If using DJI Go 4, as a work around, you could always reset the home point to where aircraft currently is. Obviously a bit risky, but if you could plan an intermediate 'emergency' home point then it might be workable.

It still seems odd to me That this can be enabled/disabled on the P4, but not the 4A nor 4P.
2017-8-11
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-11 10:17
If using DJI Go 4, as a work around, you could always reset the home point to where aircraft currently is. Obviously a bit risky, but if you could plan an intermediate 'emergency' home point then it might be workable.

It still seems odd to me That this can be enabled/disabled on the P4, but not the 4A nor 4P.

Yeah I use Litchi. It's causing filming problems for me even in regular use. Middle of a great shot and beep beep beep...More DJI nonsense that makes no sense.
2017-8-11
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JW5255 Posted at 2017-8-11 10:19
I thought that way point missions optionally end with a hover or an RTH. ???

I'm talking about having them end EARLY because Smart RTH kicks in.
2017-8-11
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

Check what battery level you have set for low battery warning, that will activate smart RTH.  I have it set at 20% which for P4P means I only get about 20 minutes fly time but ensures I get the aircraft back even if it has to fly into the wind to get home.  Basically I have to split waypoint missions, one battery to record waypoints, one to fly and film.
2017-8-12
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

Check what battery level you have set for low battery warning, that will activate smart RTH.  I have it set at 20% which for P4P means I only get about 20 minutes fly time but ensures I get the aircraft back even if it has to fly into the wind to get home.  Basically I have to split waypoint missions, one battery to record waypoints, one to fly and film.
2017-8-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another thought, if you have an iOS device you could try DJI GS Pro, which is specifically for waypoint working. That doesn't appear to have 'Low battery RTH' activated. Nor any of the bolted on 'extras'.

Edit:- And I'd forgotten, this is only available for iPads.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules